- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (49)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (148)
- Handle graphics (77)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (164)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (361)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (133)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (49)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (193)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Alon (1 day 0 hours ago): Hello Yair, Note that if there are unused contour lines, as may be the case when hContour.LevelListMode is set to manual, the above code will not work, as hContour.EdgePrims enumerates...
- Yair Altman (1 day 7 hours ago): @sipsj11 – you are very mistaken: first, the method of setting the figure’s position to [0 0 1 1] has existed forever, not just since HG2. Secondly, this method is...
- sipsj11 (1 day 8 hours ago): Doesn’t need to be so complicated, in the new version of MATLAB can set the figure to full size easily by: fig=gcf; fig.Units='normalized'; fig.OuterPosition=[0 0 1 1];
- Anon (2 days 22 hours ago): 2017b >> c = mat2cell(1:1e6,1,repmat(1,1,1e 6)); >> tic, d=cellfun('isempty',c); toc Elapsed time is 0.011489 seconds. >> tic, d=cellfun(@isempty,c); toc Elapsed time is 0.927122...
- Yair Altman (8 days 0 hours ago): @Jim – done
- tobias (10 days 1 hour ago): Ok, I’ve just found your “Take 2” about that topic, thanks!
- tobias (10 days 1 hour ago): Hi Yair, your article saved my fingers for years now, thank you very much! But with R2016b I cannot find TC.xml anywhere, there seems to be a new solution for tab-completion. It can...
- Yair Altman (11 days 2 hours ago): @Nurdan – browser.requestFocus();
- Yair Altman (11 days 2 hours ago): @Fabrizio – jCBList.setEnabled(false) % or: jCBList.setEnabled(0)
- David (13 days 6 hours ago): Very useful resource. Once again the user community is way ahead of MathWorks developers. It’s about time they sorted out the ability to customise the appearance of individual...
- Yair Altman (13 days 20 hours ago): yes
- Collin Pecora (13 days 20 hours ago): Thanks Yair, So, it would be better to use javacomponent here? jhBut = handle(javaObjectEDT('javax.sw ing.JButton','Hello!'),'Callba ckProperties');...
- Yair Altman (13 days 23 hours ago): @Collin – hgjavacomponent is a Matlab class that is meant to contain the relevant information on a contained Java-component (peer). You can think of it as a borderless...
- Collin Pecora (14 days 0 hours ago): Yair Is there a benefit to using javcomponent over hgjavacomponent?
- Jim Hokanson (14 days 19 hours ago): Yair, Would it be possible to add an “update” section by the blurb on the listener to describe the change with HG2? I’m specifically thinking something that...
Yearly Archives: 200948 relevant articles found:
Simple HTML can be presented in a Java component integrated in Matlab GUI, without requiring the heavy browser control.
A fully-capable browser component is included in Matlab and can easily be incorporated in regular Matlab GUI applications. This article shows how.
The built-in HelpPopup, available since Matlab R2007b, has a back-door that enables displaying arbitrary text, HTML and URL web-pages.
Matlab figures print-setup can be customized to automatically prepare the figure for printing in a specific configuration
Matlab’s built-in XML-processing functions have several undocumented features that can be used by Java-savvy users
Matlab’s text uicontrol is not very customizable, and does not support HTML or Tex formatting. This article shows how to display HTML labels in Matlab and some undocumented customizations
The built-in uiundo function provides easy yet undocumented access to Matlab’s powerful undo/redo functionality. This article explains its usage.
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab enables setting the speaker volume via documented Java calls