- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (151)
- Handle graphics (81)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (170)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (372)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (200)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @Peter – My aim in this post, as in my entire blog, is to provide general guidelines, code snippets and sample output. I expect my readers to fill in the missing blanks....
- Marshall (3 days 21 hours ago): Thanks Yair–I wasn’t trying to say “look you could have sped this up!”, I was instead asking if there was a better way of performing the loop I made in the...
- Yair Altman (4 days 5 hours ago): @Marshal – I accept that additional speedup is possible for the line you noted, in cases involving 1e9 data elements (as in your example). As I noted in my post, the new...
- Marshall (5 days 5 hours ago): Hi Yair, One of the lines in your code MaxIndex2 = find(MaxDD==DD,1,'last'); is one that is incredibly common but is undoubtedly inefficient because the == compares every element,...
- John (6 days 22 hours ago): Yair, thanks for the quick reply and explanation
- Yair Altman (7 days 0 hours ago): @John – the reason is that MaxIndexes is compared to another indices array, MaxIndex2, below. For this comparison we need numeric indices, not a logical array.
- John (7 days 0 hours ago): Hi Yair just wondering if the find function is really required for example is: MaxIndexes = MaxData==Data; equivalent to MaxIndexes = find(MaxData==Data); best regards
- Peter (12 days 0 hours ago): This looks great but as others have pointed out, the example is incomplete. Could you provide an actual working code as the code snippets you provide does not work by them self?...
- David (16 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks for the quick reply. I will take a look!
- Yair Altman (16 days 7 hours ago): @David – almost all the GUI customizations described in this blog relate only to the legacy (Java-based) figures. AppDesigner-created figures (so-called...
- David (16 days 8 hours ago): Is there anyway to get this to work with app designer? I can’t seem to find any java objects in app designer and I am not sure if there is a way that I just don’t know...
- Yair Altman (16 days 12 hours ago): @Sina – you need to access the individual contour lines, and then change the lines’ ColorType from ‘truecolor’ to ‘truecoloralpha’, as I...
- Yoni (17 days 2 hours ago): Hi- I am wondering if anyone else has trouble saving lines made with a color gradient? Specifically, I am trying to save a vector format (pdf, eps, or similar) with h2b-style...
- Yair Altman (18 days 14 hours ago): Mohammad – read the post carefully: I explained near the bottom how you can get the handle and set callbacks to get the user-selected date.
- Mohammad (20 days 12 hours ago): Dear Yair I have inserted Date selection components into my MATLAB GUI but I do know how I can make a handle for the Date selection components in order to update the date which is...
Monthly Archives: April 20094 relevant articles found:
Matlab’s button uicontrols (pushbutton and togglebutton) are basically wrappers for a Java Swing JButton object. This post describes how the buttons can be customized using this Java object in ways that are impossible using pure Matlab.
The built-in Matlab function spy has an undocumented feature (Easter egg) when it is called with no input arguments.
Matlab has several undocumented internal helper functions that can be useful on their own in some cases. This post presents the ismembc function.
The Matlab profiler has some undocumented options that facilitate debugging memory bottlenecks and JIT (Just-In-Time Java compilation) problems.