- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- Matlab training seminars – Zurich, 19-20 June 2017
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (161)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (352)
- Public presentation (5)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (130)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (186)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (15 hours 18 minutes ago): I don’t think the lines will look disjointed if you ensure that the endpoints are exactly the same.
- Vlad Atanasiu (19 hours 26 minutes ago): Correct, Yair. But you will have problems where lines meet: their extremities will look disjoined.
- Yair Altman (2 days 11 hours ago): @Vlad – I am not aware of an outline property, but you should be able to replicate it by using two overlapping lines that have different colors/transparency levels, one...
- Vlad Atanasiu (2 days 12 hours ago): Hello Yair, Do you known if there is an “outline.Color” property for the “line” object? It would make 3D objects much more readable in terms of what is...
- Cristian Jecu (3 days 0 hours ago): Yair, Thank you for your fast and correct reply. This really motivated me to learn more about java objects and their integration with Matlab. Now I have a beautiful GUI with...
- Sneha (4 days 5 hours ago): Hi, I am using MATLAB 2016 version
- Yair Altman (4 days 5 hours ago): You need to use findjobj, not findobj. Read the post (and the other articles on this blog) carefully.
- Sneha (4 days 5 hours ago): Hi Yair, Tried enlarging my image and added empty space on top of the image and this worked. Thank you for the help. I wanted to align my text and tried using the following lines...
- Yair Altman (4 days 9 hours ago): @Sneha – either enlarge your image by adding empty space at the top, or use Java by accessing the button’s underlying Java control and then calling...
- Sneha (4 days 9 hours ago): Hi Yair I added image to my push button using the CData property but was not able to set its position. The image added by me is positioned at the center of the button by default. Is...
- Yair Altman (4 days 11 hours ago): @Christian – you cannot place controls in axes, but you can place them inside panels and uitabs, not just figures.
- Cristian Jecu (4 days 19 hours ago): Hello, Very useful, thank you for sharing. I am using the gauges but only in individual figures within a more complex GUI. I made a workaround to update values that are...
- Yair Altman (5 days 7 hours ago): @Sneha – as I explained here, the menu needs to be opened once in order for its menu items to become visible.
- Sneha (5 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, The article is very helpful. I tried to execute the commands in a single m-file programatically but got an error. The error occurred was Java exception occurred:...
- Yair Altman (5 days 10 hours ago): Try it in R2017b
Monthly Archives: May 20097 relevant articles found:
Matlab’s built-in tic/toc functions have an undocumented option enabling multiple nested clockings
cprintf is a utility that utilized undocumented Matlab desktop functionalities to display color and underline-styled formatted text in the Command Window
Matlab’s built-in cellfun function has an undocumented option to significantly improve performance in some cases.
The Matlab Command Window enables a limited degree of inline color customization – this post describes how to use it
I present two ways of checking undocumented hidden properties in Matlab Handle Graphics (HG) handles
This post details undocumented callbacks exposed by the underlying Java object of Matlab uicontrols, that can be used to modify the control’s behavior in a multitude of different events