- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Displaying animated GIFs
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Matclipse – Eclipse-Matlab interface
- Customizing figure toolbar background
- Getting default HG property values
- Solving a Matlab hang problem
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (33)
- Guest bloggers (31)
- GUI (92)
- Handle graphics (42)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (113)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (212)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (83)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (100)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Vincenzo (13 hours 32 minutes ago): Thanks. This was very useful for me. I searched a solution for about 2 months. Now i have the solution. You are Great!!!
- Josh (1 day 5 hours ago): Hey Yair, This is one of the many articles I’ve read on your webpage and I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for providing...
- Eric (1 day 11 hours ago): Yair, I think the DataSpace property might be for choosing between mappings such as cartesian, polar, etc. I’m not sure if this...
- Jan Simon (2 days 5 hours ago): Thanks to explaining this feature. There has been a ‘b’ flag for the permissions in FOPEN in Matlab 5.3, but it has...
- Mohammad (3 days 14 hours ago): Hi Yair, I would appreciate if you can tell me how to update size and the position of a uitree embedded in a guide GUI, when the...
- kobbi (3 days 15 hours ago): Hi I tried to use the code example above, to load an html file that I have created into the GUI, but I got the following message...
- Yair Altman (4 days 8 hours ago): @Kesh – it works on my Win7 x64. I’m not sure what the specific issue is with your installation. Perhaps try these...
- Kesh (4 days 13 hours ago): Yair, I like what HG2 produces on screen; however, I cannot seem to print any HG2 figures. Do you know of any work around? (Win64) For...
- Yair Altman (4 days 18 hours ago): @Kushal – the various ways to do this are listed in my Matlab-Java book. Basically, you could use MathWorks’ Java...
- kushal (4 days 18 hours ago): Hello Sir, how to call a ‘function’ defined in .m file from a java program? E.g.: Say I have a sample_class...
Monthly Archives: May 2009
Matlab’s built-in tic/toc functions have an undocumented option enabling multiple nested clockings
cprintf is a utility that utilized undocumented Matlab desktop functionalities to display color and underline-styled formatted text in the Command Window
Matlab’s built-in cellfun function has an undocumented option to significantly improve performance in some cases.
The Matlab Command Window enables a limited degree of inline color customization – this post describes how to use it
I present two ways of checking undocumented hidden properties in Matlab Handle Graphics (HG) handles
This post details undocumented callbacks exposed by the underlying Java object of Matlab uicontrols, that can be used to modify the control’s behavior in a multitude of different events