- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (49)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (148)
- Handle graphics (77)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (164)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (361)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (133)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (49)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (193)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Peter Cook (2 days 1 hour ago): @Alon This method runs very slow for a complex contour (e.g. not necessarily in size but perhaps one generated from real, noisy, data), which led me to experiment with some other...
- Alon (4 days 9 hours ago): Hello Yair, Note that if there are unused contour lines, as may be the case when hContour.LevelListMode is set to manual, the above code will not work, as hContour.EdgePrims enumerates...
- Yair Altman (4 days 15 hours ago): @sipsj11 – you are very mistaken: first, the method of setting the figure’s position to [0 0 1 1] has existed forever, not just since HG2. Secondly, this method is...
- sipsj11 (4 days 17 hours ago): Doesn’t need to be so complicated, in the new version of MATLAB can set the figure to full size easily by: fig=gcf; fig.Units='normalized'; fig.OuterPosition=[0 0 1 1];
- Anon (6 days 7 hours ago): 2017b >> c = mat2cell(1:1e6,1,repmat(1,1,1e 6)); >> tic, d=cellfun('isempty',c); toc Elapsed time is 0.011489 seconds. >> tic, d=cellfun(@isempty,c); toc Elapsed time is 0.927122...
- Yair Altman (11 days 9 hours ago): @Jim – done
- tobias (13 days 10 hours ago): Ok, I’ve just found your “Take 2” about that topic, thanks!
- tobias (13 days 10 hours ago): Hi Yair, your article saved my fingers for years now, thank you very much! But with R2016b I cannot find TC.xml anywhere, there seems to be a new solution for tab-completion. It can...
- Yair Altman (14 days 11 hours ago): @Nurdan – browser.requestFocus();
- Yair Altman (14 days 11 hours ago): @Fabrizio – jCBList.setEnabled(false) % or: jCBList.setEnabled(0)
- David (16 days 15 hours ago): Very useful resource. Once again the user community is way ahead of MathWorks developers. It’s about time they sorted out the ability to customise the appearance of individual...
- Yair Altman (17 days 5 hours ago): yes
- Collin Pecora (17 days 5 hours ago): Thanks Yair, So, it would be better to use javacomponent here? jhBut = handle(javaObjectEDT('javax.sw ing.JButton','Hello!'),'Callba ckProperties');...
- Yair Altman (17 days 8 hours ago): @Collin – hgjavacomponent is a Matlab class that is meant to contain the relevant information on a contained Java-component (peer). You can think of it as a borderless...
- Collin Pecora (17 days 8 hours ago): Yair Is there a benefit to using javcomponent over hgjavacomponent?
Yearly Archives: 200948 relevant articles found:
In many circumstances, the line function can generate visually-identical plots as the scatter function, much faster
The scatter plot function has an undocumented behavior when plotting more than 100 points: it returns a single unified patch object handle, rather than a patch handle for each specific point as it returns with 100 or less points.
Matlab’s built-in uicontrol function has a side-effect of removing the figure toolbar. This was undocumented until lately. This article describes the side-effect behavior and how to fix it.
Matlab contains several well-documented functions and properties for the mouse pointer. However, some very-useful functions have remained undocumented and unsupported. This post details their usage.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
The new Matlab release R2009b includes the ability to customize keyboard bindings for the editor and Command Window. However, there are still some uses for the EditorMacro utility and its variants.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The EditorMacro utility was extended to support built-in Matlab Editor and Command-Window actions and key-bindings. This post describes the changes and the implementation details.
Matlab listbox uicontrol can be modified to detect mouse events for right-click context menus, dynamic tooltips etc.