- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- Matlab training seminars – Zurich, 19-20 June 2017
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (161)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (352)
- Public presentation (5)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (130)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (186)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 9 hours ago): I don’t think the lines will look disjointed if you ensure that the endpoints are exactly the same.
- Vlad Atanasiu (1 day 13 hours ago): Correct, Yair. But you will have problems where lines meet: their extremities will look disjoined.
- Yair Altman (3 days 5 hours ago): @Vlad – I am not aware of an outline property, but you should be able to replicate it by using two overlapping lines that have different colors/transparency levels, one...
- Vlad Atanasiu (3 days 6 hours ago): Hello Yair, Do you known if there is an “outline.Color” property for the “line” object? It would make 3D objects much more readable in terms of what is...
- Cristian Jecu (3 days 18 hours ago): Yair, Thank you for your fast and correct reply. This really motivated me to learn more about java objects and their integration with Matlab. Now I have a beautiful GUI with...
- Sneha (4 days 23 hours ago): Hi, I am using MATLAB 2016 version
- Yair Altman (4 days 23 hours ago): You need to use findjobj, not findobj. Read the post (and the other articles on this blog) carefully.
- Sneha (4 days 23 hours ago): Hi Yair, Tried enlarging my image and added empty space on top of the image and this worked. Thank you for the help. I wanted to align my text and tried using the following lines...
- Yair Altman (5 days 3 hours ago): @Sneha – either enlarge your image by adding empty space at the top, or use Java by accessing the button’s underlying Java control and then calling...
- Sneha (5 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair I added image to my push button using the CData property but was not able to set its position. The image added by me is positioned at the center of the button by default. Is...
- Yair Altman (5 days 5 hours ago): @Christian – you cannot place controls in axes, but you can place them inside panels and uitabs, not just figures.
- Cristian Jecu (5 days 13 hours ago): Hello, Very useful, thank you for sharing. I am using the gauges but only in individual figures within a more complex GUI. I made a workaround to update values that are...
- Yair Altman (6 days 1 hour ago): @Sneha – as I explained here, the menu needs to be opened once in order for its menu items to become visible.
- Sneha (6 days 1 hour ago): Hi Yair, The article is very helpful. I tried to execute the commands in a single m-file programatically but got an error. The error occurred was Java exception occurred:...
- Yair Altman (6 days 4 hours ago): Try it in R2017b
Monthly Archives: February 20105 relevant articles found:
Inactive Matlab uicontrols cannot normally display their tooltips. This article shows how to do this with a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks.
Matlab’s uicontrol tooltips have several limitations that can be overcome using the control’s underlying Java object.
Matlab slider uicontrols do not enable a continuous-motion callback by default. This article explains how this can be achieved using undocumented features.
Matlab’s Image Processing Toolbox’s impoint function contains an annoying bug that can be fixed using some undocumented properties.
Matlab listbox and multi-line editbox uicontrols have pre-configured scrollbars. This article shows how they can be customized.