- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Using Java 7 in Matlab R2013a and earlier
- A couple of internal Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Matlab-Latex interface
- Real-time trading system demo
- Displaying animated GIFs
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (33)
- GUI (95)
- Handle graphics (43)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (114)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (215)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (84)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (101)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Malcolm Lidierth (59 minutes 0 seconds ago): A beta release of Waterloo was posted a few days ago and has led to a sudden, and confusing, increase in downloads of the...
- Yair Altman (7 hours 4 minutes ago): @Steve – thanks for the clarification, duly noted.
- Steve Coleman (10 hours 44 minutes ago): Just a note. The Try/Catch construct can have a tremendous performance hit if used inside a loop that is executed many many...
- Igor (1 day 19 hours ago): >> Do you have a smart use for the figure’s minimization or maximization feature? or another use for JavaFrame? If so, please...
- Martin Höcker (2 days 8 hours ago): After upgrading to Matlab2013a, it took me a while to figure out that Mathworks has changed the DDE “Application...
- Robin (2 days 9 hours ago): Are you sure Matlab doesn’t compress structures/cells saved in v7.3? I have exactly the opposite problem that it is not able to...
- Yair Altman (4 days 7 hours ago): @CrisPi – all you need to do is to add the class which is specified in the Workspace’s Class column (in this case,...
- Donn Shull (4 days 10 hours ago): I agree that the disparity between these two values is odd. I might consider it as a feature and explain it as follows. Dialog...
- Malcolm Lidierth (5 days 1 hour ago): @CrisPi Complex numbers do not have a special type: a complex number is stored as two numbers representing its real and...
- Andrew (5 days 3 hours ago): I’ve noticed this as well. I find it unhelpful as a developer. It can be useful to know if a bug exists and/or has been fixed...
Yearly Archives: 2011
Special control characters can be used to format text output in Matlab’s Command Window.
With my Matlab-Java book being published, reader feedback is requested about the next book project.
Converting Java vectors to Matlab arrays is pretty simple – this article explains how.
The javacomponent function is very useful for placing Java components on-screen, but has a few quirks.
There are many reasons for the numerous undocumented aspects in Matlab – this article explains them.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
Undocumented Secrets of Matlab-Java Programming (ISBN 9781439869031) is a book dedicated to the integration of Matlab and Java.
The information of whether or not an axes is zoomed or panned can easily be inferred from an internal undocumented object.
Multi-line tooltips are very easy to set up, once you know your way around a few undocumented hiccups.
A few Java-based customizations can transform a plain-looking data table into a lively colored one.