- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (75)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (162)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (356)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (132)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (189)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Thommy (1 day 6 hours ago): Thank you mate, I’ve passed quite some time on that issue. You made my day !
- Yair Altman (8 days 21 hours ago): @Zach – a slider that only fires when you release the drag handle is the default documented way that Matlab’s slider works. My post is only relevant if you want...
- Zach Mauch (9 days 16 hours ago): I’m using the java slider in a GUI, but I’m getting some weird behavior as I actively slide. I added an edit box to populate the index into for the user. It populates...
- Yair Altman (10 days 14 hours ago): @Saket – thanks for sharing, useful indeed
- Yair Altman (10 days 14 hours ago): @Michal – when you say that something “does not work at all” you provide zero information about what you tried to do and what happened. If you expect me to...
- Michal Kvasnicka (11 days 23 hours ago): @Yair Undocumented functionality (first code box) does not work at all (R2017b)!!! I always got null result. Any workaround?
- Saket (16 days 6 hours ago): @Andrew, @Yair – Try out the Mex Version of CSV Reader from Stanislaw Adaszewski. http://adared.ch/efficient-csv -reader-for-matlab/ You might need to modify the C – Code...
- Mark Whitfield (16 days 21 hours ago): Thank you.
- Michal Kvasnicka (17 days 5 hours ago): @Yair – thanks for very interesting post! Any examples how to read/write HUGE text files (CSV) by fread+textscan in chunks?
- Yair Altman (17 days 5 hours ago): @Peter – Thanks for sharing
- FP (17 days 6 hours ago): Is there also a hidden MarkerHandle or something similar for animatedline? Because I get the following error trying the same with animatedline: No appropriate method, property, or field...
- Peter Cook (17 days 15 hours ago): Yair, I wrote this to fill a need I’ve had for a lightweight “structure explorer” type utility that lets me navigate a struct quickly without the need to...
- Yair Altman (17 days 20 hours ago): @Andrew – my advise is to read the entire CSV file into memory (a long string) using fread and then parse the string, for example using textscan. This works well with...
- Yair Altman (17 days 20 hours ago): @Mark – I meant p-coded code
- AndrewV (17 days 21 hours ago): Any resources out there for faster csvread (or any other text parsing) functions? I believe there were a few on file exchange but I had no luck with them, either from minimal speed...
Yearly Archives: 201537 relevant articles found:
Non-standard shortcut controls and customizations can easily be added to the Matlab desktop.
Matlab Desktop shortcuts can be programmatically accessed and customized.
Matlab has a bug with handling multi-element class-access constructs. This post explains the problem and solution.
Contour labels, lines and fill patches can easily be customized in Matlab HG2.
The figure’s CurrentModifier property provides a simple and consistent way to retrieve keypress modifiers: alt-, control- and shift-clicks.
Matlab zoom, pan and rotate3d modes hijack the user’s figure callbacks, but this can be overridden.
Hyperlink labels can easily be added to Matlab GUIs.
Several built-in components enable programmatic font selection in Matlab GUI – this article explains how.
It is easy and very useful to attach dynamic properties to Matlab graphics objects in run-time.
Using anonymous functions in Matlab callbacks can be very painful for performance. Today’s article explains how this can be avoided.