- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Working with non-standard DPI displays
- uigetfile/uiputfile customizations
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Desktop (40)
- Figure window (45)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (143)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (158)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (342)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (125)
- Toolbox (6)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (181)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- TheBlackCat (16 hours 11 minutes ago): It is hard to say without seeing more code. It may very well be that the data can only come in a few formats, so transposing it is the correct thing to do.
- Guillaume (17 hours 25 minutes ago): Well, presumably, the code is operating on vectors, so the alternative could be dataA(:) + dataB(:) But really, the proper alternative would have been to find out why the data...
- TheBlackCat (1 day 11 hours ago): What would your alternative be? The equivalent one I can think of would be: if numel(dataA)~=1 && numel(dataB)~=1 && any(size(dataA)~=size(dataB)) dataB = dataB'; end A more...
- Yair Altman (1 day 12 hours ago): @David – while I fully agree with you that it’s not good coding style/practice, I’ve seen much worse client codes. Most Matlab users don’t have a degree...
- David B (1 day 13 hours ago): If nothing else I hope that the exercise of debugging this proved as a rude wake-up call for the author of that original and terrible code in the try/catch. They should be ashamed.
- TheBlackCat (2 days 9 hours ago): Your client is lucky the problem got caught. A lot of such issues will likely go unnoticed. For example, basically anything with a mathematical operation followed by the use of...
- Yair Altman (2 days 11 hours ago): @Steve – thanks on both accounts. I amended the text accordingly.
- Steve Eddins (2 days 11 hours ago): I am looking into the possibility of adding a “compatibility consideration” to the release note. Implicit expansion was pulled from the final release of R2016a for...
- Yaroslav (3 days 14 hours ago): Hi @Marco, Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, your solution tells me only how many monitors I can have. What I need is to know how many monitors I currently have. To be...
- marco (3 days 19 hours ago): Hi, maybe this can be helpful: >> monitorPos = get(0,'MonitorPositions') monitorPos = 1 1 1600 900 1601 1 3200 900 then you can play with ‘pixels’ positions
- Samuel Brocksopp (3 days 21 hours ago): Hi there, I have been suffering the burden of MATLAB’s FTP functions for a few days now. Like you stated in your post, some of the other solutions are not ideal or...
- Kristian Loewe (4 days 17 hours ago): It seems that feature(‘OpenGLLoadStatu s’) has been dropped. It’s still available in R2014b but not in R2015b (Linux versions). Do you know if it’s...
- Yaroslav (5 days 0 hours ago): Hi Yair, Suppose I have two monitors. How can I tell a figure to appear on the secondary one, if it exists? I can do something likehFig = figure('Units','normalized'...
- Matthias Kirchhoff (8 days 19 hours ago): As for me the solution using java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToo lkit.getScreenSize does not work correctly when using more than one monitor. Better use: ge =...
- Yair Altman (11 days 2 hours ago): Try to close the ResultSet and stmt (as I’ve shown in the post) after you’ve used them, in order to clear the cache between subsequent JDBC calls, otherwise they...
Monthly Archives: January 20154 relevant articles found:
Both the Matlab compiler and the publish function have errors when parsing block-comments in Matlab m-code.
The export_fig utility enables publication-quality Matlab plotting output.
There are various ways to display interactive split-panes in Matlab GUI. Uiextras flex-panels override a checkbox control’s CData to display a divider.
2014 has seen a continued steady growth in website content and readership. This post takes an overview of past achievements and future plans.