- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (149)
- Handle graphics (78)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (166)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (364)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (134)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (49)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (196)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (4 days 11 hours ago): Set the node’s label to an HTML fixed-width font, for example: '<html><pre>tree node label</pre>'
- Geert van Kempen (5 days 6 hours ago): Would anybody know how I can use a Fixed Width font in a uitreenode?
- Tiago Dias (6 days 11 hours ago): Hello, I was wondering if is possible just to change the width of the Square of the plot. Using the BoxFrame i manage to change the width of the square and the grid, but I only...
- Sarunas (6 days 12 hours ago): Update: Since “the one” used instance of EXCEL is closed inside other called functions (like xlsread/xlswrite), I had to hide some of the code there to prevent the...
- Yair Altman (6 days 15 hours ago): @JoeB – the Mathworks’ CheckBoxList has a bug with this: the list is indeed disabled in the sense that you cannot change the selected item(s), but it is not fully...
- Yair Altman (7 days 7 hours ago): I just added an addendum to the main post that explains how to set the uipanel’s background to transparent in HG2 (R2014b onward)
- Sarunas (14 days 18 hours ago): Or maybe I was too joyful too quickly. Apparently if there is an excel window open, I get an error and/or the window is closed.
- Sarunas (14 days 19 hours ago): I had a program that reads two excel files (== two tables) and returns an excel with 10 sheets, 2 – 3 tables each sheet. I used WRITETABLE, I had to use that for every table,...
- Jeffery Devereux (21 days 13 hours ago): Hl Shi, by installing the 1 sec pause, I was able to get the controller array loaded. Otherwise it is empty. Still poking around with it however it did work. just set MyICO...
- Wilber (22 days 6 hours ago): Yair Am I doing something wrong? I can’t correct the problem. Can you help me please. This is the code: f = GXFigure(); set(f.Parent, 'Units', 'normalized', 'Position', [.2 .2...
- JoeB (29 days 11 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks for this. When I try the following code in ML 2017a, I get a list that returns IsEnabled as false but still allows the user to change the checkbox values and does not...
- Marie Jeanneteau (31 days 4 hours ago): @Zach Mauch Have you found a way to solve your problem ? I am in the same case and was only using jRangeSlider because it is an easy way to use a ‘good looking’...
- Peter Cook (33 days 5 hours ago): @Alon This method runs very slow for a complex contour (e.g. not necessarily in size but perhaps one generated from real, noisy, data), which led me to experiment with some other...
- Alon (35 days 13 hours ago): Hello Yair, Note that if there are unused contour lines, as may be the case when hContour.LevelListMode is set to manual, the above code will not work, as hContour.EdgePrims enumerates...
- Yair Altman (35 days 19 hours ago): @sipsj11 – you are very mistaken: first, the method of setting the figure’s position to [0 0 1 1] has existed forever, not just since HG2. Secondly, this method is...
Author Archives: Yair Altman385 relevant articles found:
Basic bar charts and histogram plots can be customized in important aspects.
GUI toolbar button labels can easily be set and customized using underlying Java components.
SQLite databases can be accessed in a variety of different ways in Matlab.
A combination of Matlab and Java Robot commands to automate a certain animation can be used when we cannot access underlying GUI/graphics code.
We can use a built-in Matlab popup-panel widget control to display lightweight popups that are attached to a figure window.
Matlab contour labels’ color and font can easily be customized.
feature(‘HotLinks’) can be used to temporarily disable hyperlinks and other markups in the Matlab console.
My article on “Tips for Accelerating MATLAB Performance” was recently featured in the September 2017 Matlab newsletter digest.
The speed of the builtin csvwrite, dlmwrite functions can be improved dramatically.