- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (44)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (141)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (338)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (177)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (3 days 3 hours ago): @Sebastian – I agree that this is confusing. I am not aware of a way to avoid this.
- Sebastian (3 days 3 hours ago): I’m not sure if this is a common problem. But some of our clients (including me as well) are confused about the behavior of the figure toolbars when docked. In later...
- Yair Altman (3 days 5 hours ago): JMI is just a connector from Java to Matlab, it is not the Matlab engine. You still need the Matlab engine in order to do any Matlab processing with JMI. Note that in R2016b,...
- Anonymous (3 days 5 hours ago): If jmi is used,do we require Matlab then? And do all functionalities available inside Matlab can be accessed using jmi?
- Yair Altman (3 days 18 hours ago): @Amaury – this seems to be something specific to the MongoClient class. You should probably ask about this in the MongoDB forums.
- Yair Altman (3 days 18 hours ago): @Royi – setBounds is not a field but a method (that accepts either a java.awt.Rectangle object or 4 int values as input parameter(s)). As far as I can tell, it still...
- Yair Altman (3 days 19 hours ago): @Stijn – try adding pause(0.5) after the drawnow. If it works then you can play with the pause duration to find the minimal duration value that works well on your specific...
- Stijn Helsen (4 days 5 hours ago): I wanted to use the maximize function to get the size of the screen on which a figure is shown (using multiple screens). And “manually” (step by step) this works,...
- Leo (4 days 20 hours ago): Hi, Yair I have a question, its possible add multiple subtask in gantt chart?
- Amaury Vanvinckenroye (5 days 0 hours ago): Hi, I’m using some Java classes in a Matlab code and it seems that a specific java class is not loaded, but only at the first run (i.e. at the start of Matlab)....
- Hans (5 days 1 hour ago): Hi, I need to write the x axis difference between two or 4 datatips on the plot like legend. Text function writes everytime as I zoom in. Questions : 1) if marker one is the reference...
- Yair Altman (6 days 13 hours ago): I used a standard radar-plot layout: North is up (0/360 degs); South is down (180 degs); degrees increasing clockwise from top (North pole).
- masi (6 days 18 hours ago): Which polar coordinate system did you use for your solution in MATLAB 2013? I am trying to integrate your code to MATLAB 2016b `polaraxes` + `warp` in the thread here...
- Royi (9 days 1 hour ago): Hello, It seems something changed lately (At least on MATLAB R2016a). For most methods (Such as changing the bounds / size properties) I get the following error (This case for...
- Shruti (10 days 17 hours ago): Hi everyone, I have a MATLAB GUI that has a couple of drop-down menus, edit text-boxes, check-boxes and push-buttons. Now, I am running a while loop in the background continuously as...
Author Archives: Yair Altman355 relevant articles found:
HTML can be used to add image icons to Matlab listbox and popup (drop-down) controls.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.
Subtle changes in the way that we test for zero/non-zero entries in Matlab can have a significant performance impact.
MLAPP files created by AppDesigner can be inspected and manipulated outside AppDesigner.
The axes rulers (axles) can be made to cross-over at any x,y location within the chart.
Matlab’s new web-based uifigures can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
Matlab listbox selection can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
The parfor (parallel for) loops can be made faster using a few simple tips.
Red Java errors are sometimes displayed in the Matlab console. They can be removed or avoided in a variety of means.