- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- A couple of internal Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Matlab-Latex interface
- Real-time trading system demo
- Displaying animated GIFs
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Matclipse – Eclipse-Matlab interface
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (32)
- GUI (94)
- Handle graphics (43)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (113)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (214)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (84)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (101)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Martin Höcker (13 hours 42 minutes ago): After upgrading to Matlab2013a, it took me a while to figure out that Mathworks has changed the DDE “Application...
- Robin (14 hours 30 minutes ago): Are you sure Matlab doesn’t compress structures/cells saved in v7.3? I have exactly the opposite problem that it is not able to...
- Yair Altman (2 days 11 hours ago): @CrisPi – all you need to do is to add the class which is specified in the Workspace’s Class column (in this case,...
- Donn Shull (2 days 15 hours ago): I agree that the disparity between these two values is odd. I might consider it as a feature and explain it as follows. Dialog...
- Malcolm Lidierth (3 days 6 hours ago): @CrisPi Complex numbers do not have a special type: a complex number is stored as two numbers representing its real and...
- Andrew (3 days 8 hours ago): I’ve noticed this as well. I find it unhelpful as a developer. It can be useful to know if a bug exists and/or has been fixed...
- Brian (3 days 10 hours ago): Thanks Lubos. Matlab’s text engine doesn’t seem to support the soul package. When I get some time, I will try to switch...
- CrisPi (3 days 17 hours ago): Hi, great and super useful article, but I ran into a bit of a problem – the classes ‘single’ and...
- Cordelle Brent (3 days 18 hours ago): @Yair Altman Will it be too much to ask for an example, because i been trying to do that for like 10 hours now and i have...
- Yair Altman (4 days 0 hours ago): @Brent – you would need to use some sort of GUI control (e.g., a “+” button) that the user can click. In the...
Category Archives: Guest bloggers
Matlab’s support for Latex has some hidden quirks
A demo GUI that shows the effects of using different look-and-feels, including the JTatoo library, is presented.
Matclipse is an open-source plugin for the popular Eclipse IDE that connects it with Matlab.
Some Matlab usage examples for the open-source Waterloo graphics package.
Waterloo is an open-source library that can significantly improve Matlab GUI.
Groovy code can seamlessly be run from within Matlab.
Java classes can easily be extended in Matlab, using pure Matlab code.
The built-in urlread functions has severe limitations. This article explains how to solve them.
Matlab’s internal memory structure is explored and discussed.