- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Working with non-standard DPI displays
- uigetfile/uiputfile customizations
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Desktop (40)
- Figure window (45)
- Guest bloggers (58)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (160)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (346)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (8)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (127)
- Toolbox (6)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (182)
- Undocumented function (34)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 1 hour ago): Not as far as I know…
- MolaRam (1 day 2 hours ago): Hello Yair, is it possible to set the text background color as well (not for the whole command window)?
- Yair Altman (1 day 20 hours ago): @Misha – you can add the relevant code snippets (with the javacomponent call) to your *_OutputFcn() function that is created by GUIDE in your main m-file. Pass the...
- Misha (2 days 13 hours ago): Dear Yair, Thank you for all the wonderful tips! The sliders work as advertised, but I would like to be able to add a jSlider to an already existing GUI created using the GUIDE. More...
- Gabriele (5 days 3 hours ago): Please, let me come back on this interesting matter. After some checks, I think it could be a matter associated with loss of significance in case of calculations (like std, mean,...
- Gabriele (6 days 23 hours ago): Thanks for the very useful post! Perhaps I’m wrong, but it seems to be something related to intrinsic parallelization combined with single accuracy. In fact, as a basis, the...
- g. (7 days 20 hours ago): Hi, I have a similar problem under Linux, Ubuntu 16.04. Matlab hangs up when using the “print” command to export figures. I can not interrupt the software and I have to kill...
- Donn Shull (8 days 20 hours ago): Hi Matt, To my knowledge the answer is no. In the automotive world there is a system for doing what you describe. It is fairly complex and based around a closed set of standards...
- Yair Altman (8 days 20 hours ago): @James – the entire point of using parfor is not to use a single computation thread but rather run in parallel over multiple workers. The code in the article was simply...
- Xiangrui Li (8 days 20 hours ago): It seems a serious bug. I tested mean instead of std, and the result is similar. Maybe the error for std is due to the error for mean? I played with different sizes for...
- James (9 days 21 hours ago): Try again with -singleCompThread
- zed (9 days 21 hours ago): I had to deal with the parfor over object arrays ‘challenge’; when processing by invoking a method that operates on internal properties it doesn’t bother returning the...
- Matt (10 days 17 hours ago): Something I ran into recently was a need to provide runtime initialization of Simulink data parameter objects in a compiled application. I solved the issue by calling a config file...
- Tom (16 days 8 hours ago): Unfortunately it seems that the legend cannot show the corresponding line as a gradient. The line color appears to match one end of the gradient. I tried a bungch of things but...
- Dan Dolan (16 days 13 hours ago): I posted a partial workaround on the Mathworks File Exchange. http://www.mathworks.com/matla bcentral/fileexchange/60953-sc aled-figure-class
Category Archives: Guest bloggers58 relevant articles found:
JGraph is a powerful open-source Java library that can easily be integrated in Matlab figures.
the behavior of Matlab’s copyobj function changed in R2014b (HG2), and callbacks are no longer copied.
The export_fig utility enables publication-quality Matlab plotting output.
Matlab uicontrols’ CData property can be customized to provide background transparency.
The memcached library can be used to transfer data between separate Matlab processes (sessions).
Using pure-Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps requires a special yet simple adaptation.
Plotly graphs can be embedded in an IPython Notebook directly from Matlab.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
Plotly charts can be created and customized in Matlab.