- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (149)
- Handle graphics (78)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (166)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (364)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (134)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (49)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (196)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Andrew (2 days 0 hours ago): Thanks for the great head-start on breaking down the new UIFigure/WebWindow class and the interface with CEF. I am wondering if you have had any success with returning values from...
- Yair Altman (7 days 22 hours ago): Set the node’s label to an HTML fixed-width font, for example: '<html><pre>tree node label</pre>'
- Geert van Kempen (8 days 17 hours ago): Would anybody know how I can use a Fixed Width font in a uitreenode?
- Tiago Dias (9 days 22 hours ago): Hello, I was wondering if is possible just to change the width of the Square of the plot. Using the BoxFrame i manage to change the width of the square and the grid, but I only...
- Sarunas (9 days 23 hours ago): Update: Since “the one” used instance of EXCEL is closed inside other called functions (like xlsread/xlswrite), I had to hide some of the code there to prevent the...
- Yair Altman (10 days 2 hours ago): @JoeB – the Mathworks’ CheckBoxList has a bug with this: the list is indeed disabled in the sense that you cannot change the selected item(s), but it is not fully...
- Yair Altman (10 days 18 hours ago): I just added an addendum to the main post that explains how to set the uipanel’s background to transparent in HG2 (R2014b onward)
- Sarunas (18 days 5 hours ago): Or maybe I was too joyful too quickly. Apparently if there is an excel window open, I get an error and/or the window is closed.
- Sarunas (18 days 6 hours ago): I had a program that reads two excel files (== two tables) and returns an excel with 10 sheets, 2 – 3 tables each sheet. I used WRITETABLE, I had to use that for every table,...
- Jeffery Devereux (24 days 23 hours ago): Hl Shi, by installing the 1 sec pause, I was able to get the controller array loaded. Otherwise it is empty. Still poking around with it however it did work. just set MyICO...
- Wilber (25 days 16 hours ago): Yair Am I doing something wrong? I can’t correct the problem. Can you help me please. This is the code: f = GXFigure(); set(f.Parent, 'Units', 'normalized', 'Position', [.2 .2...
- JoeB (32 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks for this. When I try the following code in ML 2017a, I get a list that returns IsEnabled as false but still allows the user to change the checkbox values and does not...
- Marie Jeanneteau (34 days 15 hours ago): @Zach Mauch Have you found a way to solve your problem ? I am in the same case and was only using jRangeSlider because it is an easy way to use a ‘good looking’...
- Peter Cook (36 days 16 hours ago): @Alon This method runs very slow for a complex contour (e.g. not necessarily in size but perhaps one generated from real, noisy, data), which led me to experiment with some other...
- Alon (39 days 0 hours ago): Hello Yair, Note that if there are unused contour lines, as may be the case when hContour.LevelListMode is set to manual, the above code will not work, as hContour.EdgePrims enumerates...
Category Archives: GUI149 relevant articles found:
GUI toolbar button labels can easily be set and customized using underlying Java components.
A combination of Matlab and Java Robot commands to automate a certain animation can be used when we cannot access underlying GUI/graphics code.
We can use a built-in Matlab popup-panel widget control to display lightweight popups that are attached to a figure window.
Password fields and spinner controls can easily be embedded in Matlab GUIs.
Sending emails and SMS (text) messages from Matlab is easy, once you know a few quirks.
Matlab uses logical (scaled) pixel positions. With high-DPI displays, this might cause problems, but it is easy to retrieve the physical (unscaled) pixel values.
A file-selector dialog window that includes an integrated preview panel is shown and explained.
HTML can be used to add image icons to Matlab listbox and popup (drop-down) controls.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.