- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Displaying animated GIFs
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Matclipse – Eclipse-Matlab interface
- Customizing figure toolbar background
- Getting default HG property values
- Solving a Matlab hang problem
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (33)
- Guest bloggers (31)
- GUI (92)
- Handle graphics (42)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (113)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (212)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (83)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (100)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Vincenzo (5 hours 44 minutes ago): Thanks. This was very useful for me. I searched a solution for about 2 months. Now i have the solution. You are Great!!!
- Josh (21 hours 40 minutes ago): Hey Yair, This is one of the many articles I’ve read on your webpage and I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for providing...
- Eric (1 day 3 hours ago): Yair, I think the DataSpace property might be for choosing between mappings such as cartesian, polar, etc. I’m not sure if this...
- Jan Simon (1 day 22 hours ago): Thanks to explaining this feature. There has been a ‘b’ flag for the permissions in FOPEN in Matlab 5.3, but it has...
- Mohammad (3 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, I would appreciate if you can tell me how to update size and the position of a uitree embedded in a guide GUI, when the...
- kobbi (3 days 8 hours ago): Hi I tried to use the code example above, to load an html file that I have created into the GUI, but I got the following message...
- Yair Altman (4 days 1 hour ago): @Kesh – it works on my Win7 x64. I’m not sure what the specific issue is with your installation. Perhaps try these...
- Kesh (4 days 5 hours ago): Yair, I like what HG2 produces on screen; however, I cannot seem to print any HG2 figures. Do you know of any work around? (Win64) For...
- Yair Altman (4 days 10 hours ago): @Kushal – the various ways to do this are listed in my Matlab-Java book. Basically, you could use MathWorks’ Java...
- kushal (4 days 10 hours ago): Hello Sir, how to call a ‘function’ defined in .m file from a java program? E.g.: Say I have a sample_class...
Category Archives: Hidden property
HG2 appears to be nearing release. It is now a stable mature system.
HG behaviors are an important aspect of Matlab graphics that enable custom control of handle functionality.
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
The information of whether or not an axes is zoomed or panned can easily be inferred from an internal undocumented object.
getundoc is a very simple utility that displays the hidden (undocumented) properties of a specified handle object.
Data-tips are an extremely useful plotting tool that can easily be controlled programmatically.
Matlab’s uitables can be sortable using simple undocumented features
Matlab figure windows can easily be maximized, minimized and restored using a bit of undocumented magic powder
Matlab figure windows can be made fully or partially transparent/translucent or blurred – this article explains how