- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (75)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (162)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (356)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (132)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (189)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (2 hours 49 minutes ago): @Sharavan – yes, as long as you place the code in a Matlab s-function. The syntax should be the same as that shown on this blog.
- Paul M. (1 day 2 hours ago): Excellent tutorial, I am using the Matlab built in class (com.mathworks.mwswing.checkbo xtree.CheckBoxTree), how do I get a list of which nodes have the check box marked? If I use:...
- Thommy (1 day 12 hours ago): Thank you mate, I’ve passed quite some time on that issue. You made my day !
- sharavan (2 days 4 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thanks for the brilliant article. Will I be able to call Java extensions from S Functions from Simulink. A very small example would help a lot. Best Regards Sharavan
- Yair Altman (9 days 3 hours ago): @Zach – a slider that only fires when you release the drag handle is the default documented way that Matlab’s slider works. My post is only relevant if you want...
- Zach Mauch (9 days 21 hours ago): I’m using the java slider in a GUI, but I’m getting some weird behavior as I actively slide. I added an edit box to populate the index into for the user. It populates...
- Yair Altman (10 days 19 hours ago): @Saket – thanks for sharing, useful indeed
- Yair Altman (10 days 19 hours ago): @Michal – when you say that something “does not work at all” you provide zero information about what you tried to do and what happened. If you expect me to...
- Michal Kvasnicka (12 days 5 hours ago): @Yair Undocumented functionality (first code box) does not work at all (R2017b)!!! I always got null result. Any workaround?
- Saket (16 days 11 hours ago): @Andrew, @Yair – Try out the Mex Version of CSV Reader from Stanislaw Adaszewski. http://adared.ch/efficient-csv -reader-for-matlab/ You might need to modify the C – Code...
- Mark Whitfield (17 days 2 hours ago): Thank you.
- Michal Kvasnicka (17 days 10 hours ago): @Yair – thanks for very interesting post! Any examples how to read/write HUGE text files (CSV) by fread+textscan in chunks?
- Yair Altman (17 days 11 hours ago): @Peter – Thanks for sharing
- FP (17 days 12 hours ago): Is there also a hidden MarkerHandle or something similar for animatedline? Because I get the following error trying the same with animatedline: No appropriate method, property, or field...
- Peter Cook (17 days 20 hours ago): Yair, I wrote this to fill a need I’ve had for a lightweight “structure explorer” type utility that lets me navigate a struct quickly without the need to...
Category Archives: Listeners20 relevant articles found:
UDD classes underlie many of Matlab’s handle-graphics objects and functionality. This article introduces these classes.
This article explains how to use undocumented axes listeners for implementing multi-column plot legends
Events raised in Java code can be caught and handled in Matlab callback functions – this article explains how
Inactive Matlab uicontrols cannot normally display their tooltips. This article shows how to do this with a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks.
Matlab slider uicontrols do not enable a continuous-motion callback by default. This article explains how this can be achieved using undocumented features.
The Matlab Desktop’s Command-Window prompt can easily be modified using some undocumented features
The EditorMacro utility was extended to support built-in Matlab Editor and Command-Window actions and key-bindings. This post describes the changes and the implementation details.
Matlab has a hidden/unsupported built-in mechanism for easy implementation of context-sensitive help
The built-in Matlab legend function has a very useful semi-documented feature for automatic dynamic update, which is explained here.
UISplitPane was recently chosen as Matlab Central’s Pick of the Week. Here I detail its use of some undocumented Matlab features.