- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (49)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (148)
- Handle graphics (77)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (164)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (361)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (133)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (49)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (193)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Peter Cook (6 hours 57 minutes ago): @Alon This method runs very slow for a complex contour (e.g. not necessarily in size but perhaps one generated from real, noisy, data), which led me to experiment with some other...
- Alon (2 days 14 hours ago): Hello Yair, Note that if there are unused contour lines, as may be the case when hContour.LevelListMode is set to manual, the above code will not work, as hContour.EdgePrims enumerates...
- Yair Altman (2 days 21 hours ago): @sipsj11 – you are very mistaken: first, the method of setting the figure’s position to [0 0 1 1] has existed forever, not just since HG2. Secondly, this method is...
- sipsj11 (2 days 23 hours ago): Doesn’t need to be so complicated, in the new version of MATLAB can set the figure to full size easily by: fig=gcf; fig.Units='normalized'; fig.OuterPosition=[0 0 1 1];
- Anon (4 days 12 hours ago): 2017b >> c = mat2cell(1:1e6,1,repmat(1,1,1e 6)); >> tic, d=cellfun('isempty',c); toc Elapsed time is 0.011489 seconds. >> tic, d=cellfun(@isempty,c); toc Elapsed time is 0.927122...
- Yair Altman (9 days 14 hours ago): @Jim – done
- tobias (11 days 15 hours ago): Ok, I’ve just found your “Take 2” about that topic, thanks!
- tobias (11 days 16 hours ago): Hi Yair, your article saved my fingers for years now, thank you very much! But with R2016b I cannot find TC.xml anywhere, there seems to be a new solution for tab-completion. It can...
- Yair Altman (12 days 16 hours ago): @Nurdan – browser.requestFocus();
- Yair Altman (12 days 17 hours ago): @Fabrizio – jCBList.setEnabled(false) % or: jCBList.setEnabled(0)
- David (14 days 20 hours ago): Very useful resource. Once again the user community is way ahead of MathWorks developers. It’s about time they sorted out the ability to customise the appearance of individual...
- Yair Altman (15 days 10 hours ago): yes
- Collin Pecora (15 days 11 hours ago): Thanks Yair, So, it would be better to use javacomponent here? jhBut = handle(javaObjectEDT('javax.sw ing.JButton','Hello!'),'Callba ckProperties');...
- Yair Altman (15 days 13 hours ago): @Collin – hgjavacomponent is a Matlab class that is meant to contain the relevant information on a contained Java-component (peer). You can think of it as a borderless...
- Collin Pecora (15 days 14 hours ago): Yair Is there a benefit to using javcomponent over hgjavacomponent?
Category Archives: Listeners20 relevant articles found:
UDD classes underlie many of Matlab’s handle-graphics objects and functionality. This article introduces these classes.
This article explains how to use undocumented axes listeners for implementing multi-column plot legends
Events raised in Java code can be caught and handled in Matlab callback functions – this article explains how
Inactive Matlab uicontrols cannot normally display their tooltips. This article shows how to do this with a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks.
Matlab slider uicontrols do not enable a continuous-motion callback by default. This article explains how this can be achieved using undocumented features.
The Matlab Desktop’s Command-Window prompt can easily be modified using some undocumented features
The EditorMacro utility was extended to support built-in Matlab Editor and Command-Window actions and key-bindings. This post describes the changes and the implementation details.
Matlab has a hidden/unsupported built-in mechanism for easy implementation of context-sensitive help
The built-in Matlab legend function has a very useful semi-documented feature for automatic dynamic update, which is explained here.
UISplitPane was recently chosen as Matlab Central’s Pick of the Week. Here I detail its use of some undocumented Matlab features.