- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Matclipse – Eclipse-Matlab interface
- Customizing figure toolbar background
- Getting default HG property values
- Solving a Matlab hang problem
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (33)
- Guest bloggers (31)
- GUI (91)
- Handle graphics (42)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (113)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (211)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (83)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (99)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Jim Hokanson (3 hours 17 minutes ago): Incredible.
- Shuhao Cao (8 hours 55 minutes ago): Haha, I see. Thanks a lot. I have looked into it but found no ‘MenuFont’. Guess there is no easy workaround within...
- Yair Altman (9 hours 1 minute ago): Of course – simply open the preferences file in a text editor edit([prefdir '/matlab.prf'])
- Shuhao Cao (9 hours 3 minutes ago): Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to see what are all the relevant preference names?
- Yair Altman (9 hours 21 minutes ago): @Shuhao – after modifying the prefs you need to restart Matlab. You need to ensure (of course) that the relevant...
- Shuhao Cao (9 hours 34 minutes ago): Hi, Yair Your website is so helpful! I followed some of the matlab customization on your website, now I wonder if I could change...
- Alexander Mering (1 day 17 hours ago): Hello, I do see problems related to heavy GUI’s. In my GUI, I use 8 Java buttons, 2 CheckboxTrees and overall 8...
- Bukmop (1 day 19 hours ago): Just mentioned typo. There were no angry words
- Yair Altman (1 day 20 hours ago): thanks for the correction, it’s now fixed I have no intention of confusing people, but I am only human – even I...
- Bukmop (1 day 20 hours ago): R2013a is 8.1 … not 8.2! R2013b will probably be 8.2 … please fix to not confuse people
Category Archives: Memory
Matlab’s delete function leaks memory and is also slower than the equivalent Java function.
The import function can be used to clarify Java code used in Matlab.
Copy-on-write and in-place data manipulations are very useful Matlab performance improvement techniques.
Several alternatives are explored for dynamic array growth performance in Matlab loops.
Preallocation is a standard Matlab speedup technique. Still, it has several undocumented aspects.
Matlab’s internal memory structure is explored and discussed.
mtic and mtoc were a couple of undocumented features that enabled users of past Matlab releases to easily profile memory usage.
Editing Matlab arrays in-place can be an important technique for optimizing calculations. This article shows how to do it using Mex.
Internal fields of Java objects may leak memory – this article explains how to avoid this without sacrificing performance.
In many circumstances, the line function can generate visually-identical plots as the scatter function, much faster