- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (44)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (141)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (338)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (177)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (7 hours 35 minutes ago): @Sebastian – I agree that this is confusing. I am not aware of a way to avoid this.
- Sebastian (7 hours 40 minutes ago): I’m not sure if this is a common problem. But some of our clients (including me as well) are confused about the behavior of the figure toolbars when docked. In later...
- Yair Altman (9 hours 27 minutes ago): JMI is just a connector from Java to Matlab, it is not the Matlab engine. You still need the Matlab engine in order to do any Matlab processing with JMI. Note that in R2016b,...
- Anonymous (9 hours 36 minutes ago): If jmi is used,do we require Matlab then? And do all functionalities available inside Matlab can be accessed using jmi?
- Yair Altman (23 hours 4 minutes ago): @Amaury – this seems to be something specific to the MongoClient class. You should probably ask about this in the MongoDB forums.
- Yair Altman (23 hours 8 minutes ago): @Royi – setBounds is not a field but a method (that accepts either a java.awt.Rectangle object or 4 int values as input parameter(s)). As far as I can tell, it still...
- Yair Altman (1 day 0 hours ago): @Stijn – try adding pause(0.5) after the drawnow. If it works then you can play with the pause duration to find the minimal duration value that works well on your specific...
- Stijn Helsen (1 day 9 hours ago): I wanted to use the maximize function to get the size of the screen on which a figure is shown (using multiple screens). And “manually” (step by step) this works,...
- Leo (2 days 0 hours ago): Hi, Yair I have a question, its possible add multiple subtask in gantt chart?
- Amaury Vanvinckenroye (2 days 5 hours ago): Hi, I’m using some Java classes in a Matlab code and it seems that a specific java class is not loaded, but only at the first run (i.e. at the start of Matlab)....
- Hans (2 days 6 hours ago): Hi, I need to write the x axis difference between two or 4 datatips on the plot like legend. Text function writes everytime as I zoom in. Questions : 1) if marker one is the reference...
- Yair Altman (3 days 18 hours ago): I used a standard radar-plot layout: North is up (0/360 degs); South is down (180 degs); degrees increasing clockwise from top (North pole).
- masi (3 days 22 hours ago): Which polar coordinate system did you use for your solution in MATLAB 2013? I am trying to integrate your code to MATLAB 2016b `polaraxes` + `warp` in the thread here...
- Royi (6 days 5 hours ago): Hello, It seems something changed lately (At least on MATLAB R2016a). For most methods (Such as changing the bounds / size properties) I get the following error (This case for...
- Shruti (7 days 21 hours ago): Hi everyone, I have a MATLAB GUI that has a couple of drop-down menus, edit text-boxes, check-boxes and push-buttons. Now, I am running a while loop in the background continuously as...
Category Archives: Mex11 relevant articles found:
An undocumented MEX function can help interrupt running MEX functions.
The default clunky and release-incompatible MEX error messages can be improved using a simple hack.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing POSIX threads in C/C++ code.
Matlab does not provide a documented manner to serialize data into a byte stream, but we can do this with some undocumented functionality.
Private properties of Matlab class objects can be accessed (read and write) using some undocumented techniques.
Matlab’s MEX API contains numerous undocumented functions, that can be extremely useful.
The Matlab Code Analyzer (mlint) has a lot of undocumented functionality just waiting to be used.
Matlab’s internal memory structure is explored and discussed.
Editing Matlab arrays in-place can be an important technique for optimizing calculations. This article shows how to do it using Mex.