- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- Matlab training seminars – Zurich, 19-20 June 2017
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (161)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (352)
- Public presentation (5)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (130)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (186)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (14 hours 52 minutes ago): @Sneha – as I explained here, the menu needs to be opened once in order for its menu items to become visible.
- Sneha (15 hours 7 minutes ago): Hi Yair, The article is very helpful. I tried to execute the commands in a single m-file programatically but got an error. The error occurred was Java exception occurred:...
- Yair Altman (17 hours 48 minutes ago): Try it in R2017b
- OrO (22 hours 23 minutes ago): It helps a lot. Thank you ! Does it work in MATLAB Compiler ? I do not see a reason why it should not but I would like to have your confirmation.
- D Brien (1 day 1 hour ago): I am experimenting with this now. You need to change your java version to 1.8+, which requires setting the environment variable. It doesn’t appear that this breaks anything as...
- Sky Sartorius (4 days 2 hours ago): This is a post I have been waiting for, Yair. Thank you. I was spending too much time digging through the Matlab functionSignatures.json files to find examples similar to what...
- Yair Altman (4 days 7 hours ago): @Ronit – you can update the button’s CData property. Read the Matlab documentation for the uicontrol function for details/examples.
- Ronit (4 days 16 hours ago): Do you know a way to show images on push buttons via GUIDE? Thanks in advance!
- Brian (4 days 20 hours ago): Hey I know this is a rather old post, but I wanted to post my solution just in case anyone from the future has the same question. It turns out you can call back into Matlab via JMI to...
- Yair Altman (5 days 3 hours ago): @Anu – this sounds like a bug in your code. Errors are not supposed to happen.
- Yair Altman (5 days 3 hours ago): @Ricardo – I don’t quite understand what you need. In general, if you want to change the action of the slider then simply update its callback function: cbFunc =...
- Greg (7 days 7 hours ago): Thanks, Yair, this is awesome! One added detail that I discovered when implementing this feature this morning is where MATLAB expects the .json file and the appropriate syntax for...
- Yair Altman (7 days 7 hours ago): @Heiko – nice catch about the comments! Apparently functionSignatures.json is not a strictly-compliant JSON file, and undergoes some pre-processing by the Matlab engine.
- Heiko (7 days 9 hours ago): Very nice! I’ve been waiting for a feature like this since we offered our toolbox. Especially the possibility to let MatLab determine the choices is gold. Even though it seems...
- Yair Altman (12 days 6 hours ago): @Scott – nice idea! Thanks for sharing
Category Archives: High risk of breaking in future versions81 relevant articles found:
A few hard-to-trace quirks with Matlab compiler outputs are explained.
MathWorks is soliciting user feedbacks about the use of Java components in Matlab programs.
Additional meta-data about installed toolboxes can be retrieved in Matlab.
Password fields and spinner controls can easily be embedded in Matlab GUIs.
A file-selector dialog window that includes an integrated preview panel is shown and explained.
MLAPP files created by AppDesigner can be inspected and manipulated outside AppDesigner.
An undocumented MEX function can help interrupt running MEX functions.
Matlab figure windows can be customized in numerous manners using the underlying Java Frame reference.
Matlab labels can be set to a transparent background as well as padding.