- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Working with non-standard DPI displays
- uigetfile/uiputfile customizations
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- Desktop (40)
- Figure window (45)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (144)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (159)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (343)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (8)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (126)
- Toolbox (6)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (181)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (12 hours 29 minutes ago): yes, this post was originally posted in 2011, more than 5 years ago – Matlab has changed a lot since then, including an entirely revised graphics system (HG2). The current...
- Andrew (12 hours 38 minutes ago): I figured it out…actually found it elsewhere but then realized it is mentioned in this original post as well. You can still use getcursorinfo(dcmObject) to get a list of all...
- Andrew (12 hours 47 minutes ago): Hello, Did MATLAB recently change the syntax to this? I am trying to get access to the current list of datacursors programatically, but nothing I have tried seems to work. >>...
- Yair Altman (1 day 15 hours ago): @Alex – there is no immediate answer. If you want me to look at your specific code, then email me (altmany at gmail) for a dedicated consulting session.
- Yair Altman (1 day 15 hours ago): Perhaps you have an outdated version of export_fig. Try to download the latest version from https://github.com/altmany/exp ort_fig
- mimi sam (1 day 16 hours ago): I have “GPL Ghostscript” installed on my PC and I get this : In export_fig at 660 export_fig error. Please ensure: that you are using the latest version of export_fig...
- Alex (1 day 18 hours ago): I’ve tried to adapt the function callback for my GUI designed with GUIDE. I’ve adapted @(hObject,eventdata)CAEQE('tes tListBox1_Callback',hObject...
- Yair Altman (1 day 23 hours ago): no.
- Jaap Nienhuis (2 days 10 hours ago): I frequently make images in Matlab. Is it possible, to render the raster component of the image as a bitmap (image in illustrator) and to render the axes labels etc as vector...
- Yair Altman (2 days 15 hours ago): @Schorsch – thanks. I corrected this typo in the text.
- Schorsch (2 days 16 hours ago): Minor note: it should be fprintf(' \b'); instead of fprintf( '\b');
- Yair Altman (5 days 12 hours ago): @DavidB + @Guillaume + @TheBlackCat – if I remember correctly, my client wanted the code to continue processing only when the 2 inputs were both vectors, although possibly...
- David B (5 days 19 hours ago): @TheBlackCat From the limited information we have available we are assuming the data is a vector. If that is the case then I think something like this code snippet would work nicely...
- TheBlackCat (6 days 12 hours ago): It is hard to say without seeing more code. It may very well be that the data can only come in a few formats, so transposing it is the correct thing to do.
- Guillaume (6 days 13 hours ago): Well, presumably, the code is operating on vectors, so the alternative could be dataA(:) + dataB(:) But really, the proper alternative would have been to find out why the data...
Category Archives: Low risk of breaking in future versions145 relevant articles found:
The new implicit expansion feature of Matlab R2016b can break user code in unexpected ways.
Fetching SQL ResultSet data from JDBC into Matlab can be made significantly faster.
Matlab uses logical (scaled) pixel positions. With high-DPI displays, this might cause problems, but it is easy to retrieve the physical (unscaled) pixel values.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.
Subtle changes in the way that we test for zero/non-zero entries in Matlab can have a significant performance impact.
The axes rulers (axles) can be made to cross-over at any x,y location within the chart.
Red Java errors are sometimes displayed in the Matlab console. They can be removed or avoided in a variety of means.
The performance of the builtin rmfield function (as with many other builtin functions) can be improved by simple profiling.
We can easily use saved profiling results to analyze, view and compare profiling results of multiple runs.
Matlab listbox and multi-line editbox scrollbars can easily be made smarter, for improved appearance.