- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Matlab training seminars – Zurich, 19-20 June 2017
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Working with non-standard DPI displays
- uigetfile/uiputfile customizations
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Desktop (40)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (58)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (161)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (350)
- Public presentation (4)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (129)
- Toolbox (6)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (184)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 21 hours ago): @Noah – yes, this is indeed possible but the Java class would need to be written in a specific way to enable Matlab callbacks for the Java events. Contact me offline...
- Yair Altman (1 day 21 hours ago): @Koby – you can change hContainer‘s Position and Units just like any other Matlab UI control.
- Koby (2 days 9 hours ago): Hi Yair, I wonder if it is possible to change the position of a jslider after initialized at the constructor to a different value? I couldn’t find any ‘Position’...
- Noah (3 days 10 hours ago): Yair, Is there a generic way to pass a Matlab method to Java (that Java can execute) without having to use JFrame? e.g. classdef HelloWorld method function this = HelloWorld() %Pass...
- ss (4 days 18 hours ago): I can edit by a double-click even the column is non-editable . I don’t know what happened
- Yair Altman (5 days 21 hours ago): @johanes – you can do this: set([guiel.elementA, guiel.elementB], 'Font', newFont2);
- ss (6 days 6 hours ago): Hi,Yair I have a question how to add a column button to the treetable
- Johannes (6 days 21 hours ago): Dear Yair, I have one question: Would it be possible to set certain properties of elements (e.g. Text-Font or BackgroundColor) at once? Right now I use to following scheme for...
- Felix (6 days 23 hours ago): Hello Iliya & Yair, did you already try it in R2017a? It seems that the ‘Container’ property of the figure controler is not longer available.
- Yair Altman (8 days 18 hours ago): Try to place this command in a startup.m file in your code folder, and then recompile your application. I’m not sure it will help, but it’s worth a try.
- Nir (8 days 19 hours ago): Do you know how can I change character encoding from within a compiled code. ie. set_param(0, ‘CharacterEncoding’ ;, ‘ISO_8859-8’) could not be added to the...
- JoeV (11 days 12 hours ago): It appears the MatlabControl project has been migrated to GitHub (due to Google Code shutting down): https://github.com/jakaplan/ma tlabcontrol Documentation at the Wiki:...
- Naeem Ullah (12 days 10 hours ago): Line smoothing is very helpful for me. Thank you
- didi (16 days 14 hours ago): Thank! It’s helped me a lot!
- Erivelton Geraldo Nepomuceno (17 days 14 hours ago): Hi, system_dependent(‘setr ound’,Inf) is still working on R2017a? Anyone has noticed something different? In previous version, I didn’t...
Category Archives: Low risk of breaking in future versions146 relevant articles found:
Matlab’s xmlread function cannot process XML data directly, but this can easily be overcome.
The new implicit expansion feature of Matlab R2016b can break user code in unexpected ways.
Fetching SQL ResultSet data from JDBC into Matlab can be made significantly faster.
Matlab uses logical (scaled) pixel positions. With high-DPI displays, this might cause problems, but it is easy to retrieve the physical (unscaled) pixel values.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.
Subtle changes in the way that we test for zero/non-zero entries in Matlab can have a significant performance impact.
The axes rulers (axles) can be made to cross-over at any x,y location within the chart.
Red Java errors are sometimes displayed in the Matlab console. They can be removed or avoided in a variety of means.
The performance of the builtin rmfield function (as with many other builtin functions) can be improved by simple profiling.
We can easily use saved profiling results to analyze, view and compare profiling results of multiple runs.