- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (162)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (353)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (131)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (187)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (9 hours 36 minutes ago): @ZR – if you read my article carefully you will see that BrushHandles and BrushData are properties of the line object (which is returned by the plot or line or scatter...
- Yair Altman (1 day 12 hours ago): @Katie – I do not have an immediate answer for you. If you’d like me to investigate this (for a consulting fee) then email me.
- Yair Altman (1 day 12 hours ago): @Narendra – you can use the underlying Java table’s setRowHeight() method hTable = uitable(...); jTable = findjobj(hTable); try jTable = jTable.getViewport.getView;...
- Yair Altman (1 day 13 hours ago): @Meade – I do not have an immediate answer, but it’s quite possible that a solution can be found. If you’d like me to investigate this (for a consulting fee)...
- Yair Altman (1 day 13 hours ago): @Nalla – I believe that a simple call to drawnow; pause(0.1) after your questdlg will solve the problem. See here: http://undocumentedmatlab.c...
- H.A. Camp (3 days 7 hours ago): Looks like one solution to accessing HTML components can be seen here: https://www.mathworks.com/matl abcentral/answers/355723-tab-k ey-disabled-in-embedded-browse r
- Meade Spratley (3 days 22 hours ago): Hi Yair, I think I have a new problem, maybe you haven’t seen! I’m using a uitable to make an interactive name builder. Basically, I’m creating a table with...
- Nalla Thambi (3 days 23 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thanks for the code enableDisableFig.m I use this to disable the first MATLAB GUI window(figure),from which a second MATLAB GUI window is opened once the first...
- Katie (4 days 0 hours ago): Yair, I’m having a strange issue that may be related to this. I have a complex set of plots that I have grouped, docked, and undocked as a group. Somehow, in this last step, the...
- Narendra Kintali (5 days 4 hours ago): Hi sir, I am using uitable for my project, When I am trying to display a array of values. The values are aligned to top, which makes them not visible. So I need to change...
- Chaithya G R (7 days 10 hours ago): Hey Yair, Thanks for such an awesome blog… I never knew such great capabilities existed, most of which i really needed… Thanks again..
- Yair Altman (9 days 3 hours ago): @Peter – as Ctrl-Shift-F1 indicates, the slider object is not a slider at all but rather a custom Java component created by MathWorks, namely com.mathworks.page.cmapedit...
- Peter Cook (10 days 1 hour ago): Yair, Any idea what kind of object the sliders on the MATLAB colormap editor colormapeditor are? Of course findjobj(colormapeditor) didn’t work because there’s no...
- ZR (17 days 7 hours ago): Hello, Is there a way to access brushed data for Scatters in Matlab 2015b? I was able to get it to work in 2012a using your first method described above, but your method described in...
- Cyril (20 days 8 hours ago): Hi. I have a problem with making scatered bar graph in matlab. I need to create graph where on X axis will be years from 2005 to 2016 and on Y axis will be another numbers. If I use...
Category Archives: Medium risk of breaking in future versions127 relevant articles found:
Matlab has changed the mechanism that enables user-defined tab-completion of function inputs.
HTML formatting an be used to align and background-color text within Matlab uicontrols such as buttons, listboxes, uitables etc.
Parallelizing loops with Matlab’s parfor might generate unexpected results. Users beware!
Undocumented Mex functions can be used to extract the state of Matlab warnings in run-time.
Sending emails and SMS (text) messages from Matlab is easy, once you know a few quirks.
HTML can be used to add image icons to Matlab listbox and popup (drop-down) controls.
Matlab’s new web-based uifigures can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
Matlab listbox selection can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
The parfor (parallel for) loops can be made faster using a few simple tips.
R2016a saw the addition of class property types. However, a better alternative has existed for many years.