- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- A couple of internal Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Matlab-Latex interface
- Real-time trading system demo
- Displaying animated GIFs
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Matclipse – Eclipse-Matlab interface
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (32)
- GUI (94)
- Handle graphics (43)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (113)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (214)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (84)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (101)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Igor (21 hours 13 minutes ago): >> Do you have a smart use for the figure’s minimization or maximization feature? or another use for JavaFrame? If so, please...
- Martin Höcker (1 day 10 hours ago): After upgrading to Matlab2013a, it took me a while to figure out that Mathworks has changed the DDE “Application...
- Robin (1 day 11 hours ago): Are you sure Matlab doesn’t compress structures/cells saved in v7.3? I have exactly the opposite problem that it is not able to...
- Yair Altman (3 days 8 hours ago): @CrisPi – all you need to do is to add the class which is specified in the Workspace’s Class column (in this case,...
- Donn Shull (3 days 12 hours ago): I agree that the disparity between these two values is odd. I might consider it as a feature and explain it as follows. Dialog...
- Malcolm Lidierth (4 days 3 hours ago): @CrisPi Complex numbers do not have a special type: a complex number is stored as two numbers representing its real and...
- Andrew (4 days 5 hours ago): I’ve noticed this as well. I find it unhelpful as a developer. It can be useful to know if a bug exists and/or has been fixed...
- Brian (4 days 7 hours ago): Thanks Lubos. Matlab’s text engine doesn’t seem to support the soul package. When I get some time, I will try to switch...
- CrisPi (4 days 14 hours ago): Hi, great and super useful article, but I ran into a bit of a problem – the classes ‘single’ and...
- Cordelle Brent (4 days 15 hours ago): @Yair Altman Will it be too much to ask for an example, because i been trying to do that for like 10 hours now and i have...
Category Archives: Medium risk of breaking in future versions
A real-time Matlab-based end-to-end trading system demo is presented
Matlab’s class properties have a simple and effective mechanism for setting their type.
The Matlab Code Analyzer (mlint) has a lot of undocumented functionality just waiting to be used.
A demo GUI that shows the effects of using different look-and-feels, including the JTatoo library, is presented.
Some HG functions also accept inputs parameters in a struct fields rather than the normal P-V pairs format.
Setting the figure toolbar’s background color can easily be done using just a tiny bit of Java magic powder. This article explains how.
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
propertiesGUI is a utility that presents property-value structs in a convenient table format, useful in Matlab GUIs.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.