- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (49)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (148)
- Handle graphics (77)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (164)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (361)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (133)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (49)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (193)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Peter Cook (6 hours 58 minutes ago): @Alon This method runs very slow for a complex contour (e.g. not necessarily in size but perhaps one generated from real, noisy, data), which led me to experiment with some other...
- Alon (2 days 14 hours ago): Hello Yair, Note that if there are unused contour lines, as may be the case when hContour.LevelListMode is set to manual, the above code will not work, as hContour.EdgePrims enumerates...
- Yair Altman (2 days 21 hours ago): @sipsj11 – you are very mistaken: first, the method of setting the figure’s position to [0 0 1 1] has existed forever, not just since HG2. Secondly, this method is...
- sipsj11 (2 days 23 hours ago): Doesn’t need to be so complicated, in the new version of MATLAB can set the figure to full size easily by: fig=gcf; fig.Units='normalized'; fig.OuterPosition=[0 0 1 1];
- Anon (4 days 12 hours ago): 2017b >> c = mat2cell(1:1e6,1,repmat(1,1,1e 6)); >> tic, d=cellfun('isempty',c); toc Elapsed time is 0.011489 seconds. >> tic, d=cellfun(@isempty,c); toc Elapsed time is 0.927122...
- Yair Altman (9 days 14 hours ago): @Jim – done
- tobias (11 days 15 hours ago): Ok, I’ve just found your “Take 2” about that topic, thanks!
- tobias (11 days 16 hours ago): Hi Yair, your article saved my fingers for years now, thank you very much! But with R2016b I cannot find TC.xml anywhere, there seems to be a new solution for tab-completion. It can...
- Yair Altman (12 days 16 hours ago): @Nurdan – browser.requestFocus();
- Yair Altman (12 days 17 hours ago): @Fabrizio – jCBList.setEnabled(false) % or: jCBList.setEnabled(0)
- David (14 days 20 hours ago): Very useful resource. Once again the user community is way ahead of MathWorks developers. It’s about time they sorted out the ability to customise the appearance of individual...
- Yair Altman (15 days 10 hours ago): yes
- Collin Pecora (15 days 11 hours ago): Thanks Yair, So, it would be better to use javacomponent here? jhBut = handle(javaObjectEDT('javax.sw ing.JButton','Hello!'),'Callba ckProperties');...
- Yair Altman (15 days 13 hours ago): @Collin – hgjavacomponent is a Matlab class that is meant to contain the relevant information on a contained Java-component (peer). You can think of it as a borderless...
- Collin Pecora (15 days 14 hours ago): Yair Is there a benefit to using javcomponent over hgjavacomponent?
Category Archives: Presumed future risk361 relevant articles found:
A few hard-to-trace quirks with Matlab compiler outputs are explained.
HTML formatting an be used to align and background-color text within Matlab uicontrols such as buttons, listboxes, uitables etc.
MathWorks is soliciting user feedbacks about the use of Java components in Matlab programs.
Additional meta-data about installed toolboxes can be retrieved in Matlab.
Matlab’s xmlread function cannot process XML data directly, but this can easily be overcome.
Parallelizing loops with Matlab’s parfor might generate unexpected results. Users beware!
Undocumented Mex functions can be used to extract the state of Matlab warnings in run-time.
Password fields and spinner controls can easily be embedded in Matlab GUIs.
Sending emails and SMS (text) messages from Matlab is easy, once you know a few quirks.
The new implicit expansion feature of Matlab R2016b can break user code in unexpected ways.