- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Matclipse – Eclipse-Matlab interface
- Customizing figure toolbar background
- Getting default HG property values
- Solving a Matlab hang problem
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (33)
- Guest bloggers (31)
- GUI (91)
- Handle graphics (42)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (113)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (211)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (83)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (99)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Mohammad (1 day 4 hours ago): Hi Yair, I would appreciate if you can tell me how to update size and the position of a uitree embedded in a guide GUI, when the...
- kobbi (1 day 5 hours ago): Hi I tried to use the code example above, to load an html file that I have created into the GUI, but I got the following message...
- Yair Altman (1 day 22 hours ago): @Kesh – it works on my Win7 x64. I’m not sure what the specific issue is with your installation. Perhaps try these...
- Kesh (2 days 2 hours ago): Yair, I like what HG2 produces on screen; however, I cannot seem to print any HG2 figures. Do you know of any work around? (Win64) For...
- Yair Altman (2 days 7 hours ago): @Kushal – the various ways to do this are listed in my Matlab-Java book. Basically, you could use MathWorks’ Java...
- kushal (2 days 8 hours ago): Hello Sir, how to call a ‘function’ defined in .m file from a java program? E.g.: Say I have a sample_class...
- Jim Hokanson (3 days 11 hours ago): Incredible.
- Shuhao Cao (3 days 16 hours ago): Haha, I see. Thanks a lot. I have looked into it but found no ‘MenuFont’. Guess there is no easy workaround within...
- Yair Altman (3 days 16 hours ago): Of course – simply open the preferences file in a text editor edit([prefdir '/matlab.prf'])
- Shuhao Cao (3 days 16 hours ago): Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to see what are all the relevant preference names?
Category Archives: Semi-documented function
HG behaviors are an important aspect of Matlab graphics that enable custom control of handle functionality.
The javacomponent function is very useful for placing Java components on-screen, but has a few quirks.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
This article explains how to align Java component background color with a Matlab color.
Matlab’s internal hgconvertunits function has a bug that affects timeseries plots. Luckily there is a simple workaround.
Matlab’s uitables can be sortable using simple undocumented features
A borderless button can be used to add unobtrusive functionality to plot axes
ExploreStruct is a utility that shows how custom uitrees can be integrated in Matlab GUI