- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (44)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (141)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (338)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (177)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (11 hours 46 minutes ago): Sliders in figure-based (not web-based) UI are Java objects whose parent is a dedicated Matlab container that is automatically created when you use the javacomponent function....
- Xiaoyang Liu (11 hours 56 minutes ago): Hi, I was wondering how to set the slider as a child of the MATLAB figure. This will allow the figure WindowKeyPressFcn work while the slider has the focus. Apparently I cannot...
- Yair Altman (14 hours 45 minutes ago): Thanks for the update, Christoph
- Yishai E (18 hours 46 minutes ago): Hi Yair, I’m trying to access some hidden properties (Matlab 2015b, Win7), the following code gives me an empty jTabGroup: % Prepare a tab-group consisting of two tabs...
- Christoph Feenders (19 hours 50 minutes ago): update: the issue is fixed in R2016b. The position of flags in h.BrushData now corresponds to data-points in h.XData and h.YData (irrespective of data-point visibility...
- Yair Altman (3 days 23 hours ago): @Sebastian – I agree that this is confusing. I am not aware of a way to avoid this.
- Sebastian (3 days 23 hours ago): I’m not sure if this is a common problem. But some of our clients (including me as well) are confused about the behavior of the figure toolbars when docked. In later...
- Yair Altman (4 days 1 hour ago): JMI is just a connector from Java to Matlab, it is not the Matlab engine. You still need the Matlab engine in order to do any Matlab processing with JMI. Note that in R2016b,...
- Anonymous (4 days 1 hour ago): If jmi is used,do we require Matlab then? And do all functionalities available inside Matlab can be accessed using jmi?
- Yair Altman (4 days 14 hours ago): @Amaury – this seems to be something specific to the MongoClient class. You should probably ask about this in the MongoDB forums.
- Yair Altman (4 days 14 hours ago): @Royi – setBounds is not a field but a method (that accepts either a java.awt.Rectangle object or 4 int values as input parameter(s)). As far as I can tell, it still...
- Yair Altman (4 days 15 hours ago): @Stijn – try adding pause(0.5) after the drawnow. If it works then you can play with the pause duration to find the minimal duration value that works well on your specific...
- Stijn Helsen (5 days 1 hour ago): I wanted to use the maximize function to get the size of the screen on which a figure is shown (using multiple screens). And “manually” (step by step) this works,...
- Leo (5 days 16 hours ago): Hi, Yair I have a question, its possible add multiple subtask in gantt chart?
- Amaury Vanvinckenroye (5 days 20 hours ago): Hi, I’m using some Java classes in a Matlab code and it seems that a specific java class is not loaded, but only at the first run (i.e. at the start of Matlab)....
Category Archives: Stock Matlab function124 relevant articles found:
The axes rulers (axles) can be made to cross-over at any x,y location within the chart.
The performance of the builtin rmfield function (as with many other builtin functions) can be improved by simple profiling.
We can easily use saved profiling results to analyze, view and compare profiling results of multiple runs.
Matlab’s internal implementation of convolution can often be sped up significantly using the Convolution Theorem.
Matlab release R2015b’s new “DPI-aware” nature broke some important functionality. Here’s what can be done…
Contour labels, lines and fill patches can easily be customized in Matlab HG2.
It is easy and very useful to attach dynamic properties to Matlab graphics objects in run-time.
Matlab may hang when using passive FTP commands such as mput and dir. A simple workaround is available to fix this.
linkaxes has a built-in limitation, so using linkprop may sometimes be beneficial.
Matlab can be made to run much faster using some simple optimization techniques.