- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (110)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (263)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (125)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Fred (1 day 8 hours ago): I came here since I wanted to run an old version MATLAB on Win8. I wasn’t intending to test with the newer jre. But it could not find the default jre, and it turns out this is a...
- Yair Altman (1 day 10 hours ago): @Ilan – I don’t have access to Linux at the moment so I’m afraid someone else would need to answer this…
- Ilan Bar (1 day 21 hours ago): Yair, mxGetPropertyShared is working great on Windows. Do you know whether there is a way to use it on LINUX as well ? The generic solution solution by James Tursa works consisting...
- Yair Altman (2 days 14 hours ago): @Steven – read here: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/matlab-callbacks-for-java -events-in-r2014a In short, add the following before calling the set command: jTextArea...
- Steven Baete (3 days 11 hours ago): Great post! It helped me to show the command line output in my own GUI. % to read the matlab output into our GUI jDesktop = com.mathworks.mde.desk.MLDeskt op.getInstance;...
- Luis Vieira da Silva (4 days 21 hours ago): Thanks a lot, Yair, it works fine
- Mark Mikofski (5 days 8 hours ago): Turns out that the newer schooner/whalin client is even faster than the old whalin (meetup.com) client, and they say it’s faster than both spymemcached (from...
- Mark Mikofski (5 days 9 hours ago): In order to get rid of that message and output logging messages to a file configure the Apache.org log4j logger yourself by creating a FileAppender with the default layout and...
- Yair Altman (5 days 9 hours ago): @Luis – simply switch the order of the actions: set(hfig,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch jFrame.fHG2Client.setMaximized (true); %...
- Luis Vieira da Silva (5 days 14 hours ago): Hi, On figure creation, I would like to maximize it (easily done with your method) and then prevents users to change its size. To do so I use documented Matlab function...
- walderich (5 days 23 hours ago): Thanks a lot for the “EngineInterface” feature. But in my case I had to set its value to 1001 to get it working. I tested this with Matlab versions R2010b-R2014a.
- Bill Doss (11 days 15 hours ago): @Yair … I’ll try that approach. Thanks again. Bill
- Greg (11 days 20 hours ago): Thanks, this works well for my patch plots. Do you know if there is a similar command to smooth the edges of the patch itself such that if I turn off the lines of my patch the block...
- Mohsen (12 days 0 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve used findjobj to align the row headers in my uitable. The problem is when I try to change the dimension of my table it does not allow the new row names to be...
- Kesh (12 days 10 hours ago): I’m implementing a Matlab application with “dynamic” tabs (adding/deleting tabs with their own menu & toolbar items on the fly.) So, it just happened to be a...
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.