- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (124)
- Handle graphics (67)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (144)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (302)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (117)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (153)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (23 hours 16 minutes ago): @Mathieu – try to run findjobj after your figure is made visible if you wish to avoid the flicker
- Mathieu G (1 day 2 hours ago): Hello! Thanks for your post. It is very helpful! I don’t know the java language but I try to modify a button of my GUI (using GUIDE) to a borderless button. So I tried to...
- Ange Kouemo (2 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am using Matlab 2014b and created a Uitable that I want to display in a Jpanel. I tried to get the underlying Java object handle of the uitable using the functions...
- michael r (2 days 4 hours ago): Hi If I using DefaultCheckBoxNode to create CheckBoxTree and I want to change the icon of the leaf and still having the checkbox on it. How do I do it ?
- Dave Brown (4 days 22 hours ago): I ran into a problem from using java 7 that took a while to discover so I thought I’d share it. Hopefully it helps those with the same problem in the future. jScrollbar =...
- jinu (7 days 5 hours ago): nice writeup! about a year ago i moved to python/cython because of how slow matlab gui’s were with large datasets. i wish i had known some of your tricks back then. will...
- Yair Altman (8 days 9 hours ago): @Paul & @Yvon – in HG2 (R2014b onward), you can simply set the Focus events (FocusGained, FocusLost etc.) on the direct child of the AxisComponent, as follows:...
- Yvon Halbwachs (8 days 10 hours ago): Paul, I’m facing the same problem as you have in R2014b. By any chance, did you find any solution to this? Yvon
- Nimrod Geffen (9 days 6 hours ago): Shalom Yair! I have a GUI that I would like to have the interactive option of deleting scatter points with Brush function. My code is: h = brush; set(h, 'Enable', 'on',...
- Yair Altman (9 days 6 hours ago): Because of the EDT. Also read this: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/solving-a-matlab-hang-pro blem
- Fred Vanner (9 days 6 hours ago): Thanks! That works like a dream! (Why?)
- Yair Altman (9 days 6 hours ago): I suggest that you add a call to drawnow; pause(0.1); after the grid creation and before requesting XGridHandle: x=linspace(-1,1); fx=x.^3; pfx=plot(x,fx); grid on; ax=gca;...
- Fred Vanner (9 days 7 hours ago): I’m having problems with XGridHandle (etc.) in scripts / functions (I’ve had no problems from the command line). Example: x=linspace(-1,1); fx=x.^3; pfx=plot(x,fx);...
- C. Chu (9 days 19 hours ago): I think I found a bug in propertiesGUI. If you have multiple field names that exist in different structs, all of those property fields are set to the same type as the last field....
- Adam (9 days 20 hours ago): Keeps showing Java exception errors in the Command Window. I have added some null checks into the editboxValidation function but couldn’t stop the error messages being displayed....
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.