- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (42)
- GUI (110)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (262)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (125)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Kesh (2 hours 40 minutes ago): I’m implementing a Matlab application with “dynamic” tabs (adding/deleting tabs with their own menu & toolbar items on the fly.) So, it just happened to be a...
- Yair Altman (3 hours 38 minutes ago): @Bill – Java sliders have different model values for the slider than Matlab. Since you have my book, look at page 418. You simply need to convert between the increment and...
- Yair Altman (3 hours 42 minutes ago): @Kesh – You could possibly trap the ComponentHierarchyChanged callback (or something similar) and then re-update the toolbar. But I really don’t see this as a major...
- Kesh (3 hours 53 minutes ago): Hey Yair, I just bumped into an aggravating issue with Java toolbar components (R2014a) which I don’t think has been brought up on this site. The problem: Java based toolbar...
- Bill Doss (7 hours 31 minutes ago): @Yair Thanks … I noticed some quirky behavior and I don’t know if it’s something I forgot to do or just what is going on. Using the following simple test: abc.m:...
- Yair Altman (9 hours 48 minutes ago): @Bill – it’s exactly like any other Matlab callback function. It accepts an object reference as first input arg, followed by an eventData object (that includes...
- Bill Doss (10 hours 19 minutes ago): What are the arguments passed into the ‘AdjustmentValueChangedC allback’ function? I saw them mentioned somewhere, here on this site or in your book, but I can’t...
- Bogi Magnussen (1 day 12 hours ago): I had this issue when showing figures in Matlab, it would hang for 5-10 seconds every time i display a new figure. Thanks for your recommendations, they worked for me as...
- Yair Altman (1 day 12 hours ago): or use try/catch
- Sergey (1 day 13 hours ago): Thank you very much, Yair. Apparently I need to read more about the HG2 and use “if-s” in my code for compatibility.
- Yair Altman (1 day 15 hours ago): @Sergey – To set all bar faces to the same color and alpha: hBar = bar(...); hBar.Face.ColorType = 'truecoloralpha'; % default is 'truecolor' without alpha...
- Sergey (1 day 16 hours ago): Thanks a lot for the very useful resource, Yair. Indeed in HG1 bar series can be treated as a set of patches and one can change a transparency using, e.g. hb = bar(...); hp =...
- Yair Altman (8 days 15 hours ago): @Carsten – it should work, you’re probably doing something wrong. Perhaps you are updating the wrong handle, or updating the editbox’s contents via Matlab not...
- Yair Altman (8 days 15 hours ago): @Ori – you need to do it programmatically, there is no immediate solution for displaying a vector with different exponents.
- Ori (8 days 16 hours ago): Is there also a way to force a specific scientific notation power? For example instead of Matlab displaying: 0.001e-3 Make it show 1.123e-6 ? This is important sometimes when small...
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.