- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (58)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (273)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (102)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (133)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Christopher (5 hours 23 minutes ago): In the: Creating multi-line headers section, you have two examples, the first having the flat default matlab tan color on the headers,.. the other has a ’rounded’...
- Paul (17 hours 31 minutes ago): Thanks, this is useful — setting an alpha component is a better way to visualise density than applying jitter.
- Yair Altman (3 days 9 hours ago): @Gang – there’s a BaseValue property (value=0), but changing it apparently has no effect (at least in R2014b). Maybe this will be fixed in future Matlab releases. Re...
- Yair Altman (3 days 10 hours ago): @Kris – I already answered this above. jFrame = get(handle(hFig), 'JavaFrame'); jFrame.fHG2Client.getWindow.se tEnabled(flag);
- Kris Janssen (3 days 11 hours ago): Hello Yair, I recently took Matlab 2014b for a spin and browsing the Matlab Jar files I found that most of the stuff in com.mathworks.hg.peer is now private or protected....
- Yaroslav (4 days 8 hours ago): That’s absolutely splendid, @Yair! All those years I used a 2×N mesh in order to make a gradient plot, and it turns out to be so simple in HG2. Keep up the good work!
- Jveer (4 days 16 hours ago): @Yair Thanks for the suggestion but ‘drawnow; pause(0.2);’ didn’t work. I did figure it out though. It turns out findobj is creating 6 handles instead of 1...
- Yair Altman (5 days 7 hours ago): @Paul – I plan to cover Marker customizations (including transparency) in next week’s post. Stay tuned
- Paul (6 days 8 hours ago): Have you managed to get the same working for markers? I can’t set the alpha component for MarkerFaceColor, and setting it for Color doesn’t even affect the marker edge: >>...
- Yair Altman (6 days 12 hours ago): @JVeer – it works for me on R2014b (Win7 x64) in the command prompt… I suspect that either your editbox or its containing figure is hidden (in which case findjobj...
- Jveer (6 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair This functionality seems to break down in R2104b. (I’m using the latest findjobj btw). No appropriate method, property, or field getViewport for class handle.handle....
- Sebastian (7 days 11 hours ago): Yair, thanks for your reply. I’ve tried with your fanstastic uiinspect() function but I was not able to find anything interesting. What I mean is, imagine you have the...
- Yair Altman (7 days 11 hours ago): @Sebastian – I’m not sure to which of the Java objects you refer exactly. In any case you can use one of the built-in functions methods or methodsview, or my...
- Sebastian (7 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for this. What if I want to add/remove/update the java list items after creating the object? Cheers, Sebatian
- Arjen (7 days 23 hours ago): Since you suspect that the spinner image is created programmatically rather than it being a gif, would it be possible to control the spinning speed?
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.