- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (43)
- Guest bloggers (54)
- GUI (138)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (334)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (45)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (174)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Donn Shull (9 hours 2 minutes ago): Hello Dave, I apologize for the lateness of the response. Somehow I missed your question when you first posted it. I hope you have found solutions to your problems. As far as I...
- Yair Altman (12 hours 29 minutes ago): @Meade – it’s not Matlab that ignores the align directive but rather the underlying Java Swing behavior, which snugly fits the text in the center of the button, and...
- Meade (14 hours 46 minutes ago): @Yair This is a great work-around! I’m guessing by your suggestion that Matlab doesn’t interpret any of the ‘align’ commands for text in naked Matlab...
- Meade (1 day 5 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve been using your excellent utility in a deployed toolbox for about a year now. Anyway, when I updated, I know get the following error Java exception occurred:...
- Yair Altman (1 day 18 hours ago): @Marconi – this has already been reported by others on this blog. Matlab’s print and saveas functions clear such transparencies, and there is no known workaround for...
- Marconi Barbosa (1 day 22 hours ago): Sweet. But when I try to print, Matlab2014b clears everything. I created events listeners for markers in both plot and legends. That works fine to rebuild after a click in...
- Yair Altman (3 days 6 hours ago): @oussama – read the post carefully. I showed how you can attach Matlab code to the label’s MouseClickedCallback property. You can attach any Matlab callback function...
- Yair Altman (3 days 6 hours ago): @Ed – I’m not exactly sure what you mean, but if you’re saying that you only have the class name and wish to avoid instantiating a class object, then you can...
- oussama (4 days 3 hours ago): hi, but how to connect the code with the label ??
- Edward Maros (4 days 7 hours ago): Correction. Using MATLAB, can I get the JAVA base class of my UDD based extension?
- Edward Maros (4 days 7 hours ago): Yair, If I need to use the java class directly, I need help on one other piece. My MATLAB class is derived from one of two java classes. This decision is made in the schema.m...
- Yair Altman (4 days 9 hours ago): @Ed – assuming your static constants are public (which they must be, otherwise you cannot use them in Matlab), you can simply use the classname: myField =...
- Edward Maros (4 days 9 hours ago): I have enjoyed this series and have found it to be very useful as I am creating a MATLAB wrapping of my java classes. The one question that I have concerns constants. My java...
- Karel Lebeda (5 days 10 hours ago): In my opinion, the difference between creating the gradient using patch is the following: – Patch uses the actual (Euclidean) distances for the interpolation....
- Yair Altman (7 days 9 hours ago): @Meade – You can use an HTML string such as this: pxPos = getpixelposition(hButton); hButton.String = ['text']; % button margins use 20px A better solution is to use the...
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.