- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced Matlab training courses offered
at the convenience of your office. Additional info
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (46)
- GUI (117)
- Handle graphics (60)
- Hidden property (33)
- Icons (7)
- Java (137)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (282)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (108)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (138)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (20 minutes 27 seconds ago): Of course it doesn’t – as stated in the top paragraph, this article (which is part of a series) only discusses HG2, in other words R2014b and later. R2014a still...
- Evaluate (1 hour 49 minutes ago): It seems that the workaround doesn’t work on 2014a edition! I receive “Attempt to reference field f non-structure array.” Any comments?
- John (1 day 2 hours ago): Awesome – thank you, Yair! John
- Yair Altman (1 day 4 hours ago): @John – there is no direct way to get the Matlab handle, but you can set it in your Java handle’s ApplicationData when you first find it using findjobj: hEditbox =...
- John (1 day 5 hours ago): A significant part of my work is developing MATLAB-based GUIs for engineering R&D applications; as such, I have referenced and used your information and the findjobj utility; they...
- colin (3 days 1 hour ago): Great article! Any suggestions for setting the brush data programmatically? For example, to display all the points that meet a certain criteria?
- Yair Altman (4 days 5 hours ago): @Julien – I assume this is done for performance reasons, graphics being drawn by native C code. However I don’t know this for a fact.
- Julien (5 days 0 hours ago): Thanks… I was dreaming to a world where axes would have their own containers so that they could be added to any Java container, or could be scrolled. So, there are still 2...
- Donn Shull (5 days 17 hours ago): Hi Florian, I am not sure I understand why you would not want to have a matching dictionary hierarchy for a given model hierarchy. The syntax is very simple: parent =...
- Yair Altman (5 days 22 hours ago): @Julien – HG2 graphics are still drawn at the canvas-level. The canvas itself has changed: it is now a com.mathworks.hg.peer.JavaScen eServerGLJPanel object, which is a...
- julien (6 days 0 hours ago): Thanks Yair for this very interesting post… It is indeed a very good news! More than its aspect (borders, titles), it is finally a “real” java container in which we...
- Yair Altman (6 days 4 hours ago): @Julian – please state your exact code snippet and the error you received – it should have worked without any error.
- Julian (6 days 5 hours ago): Thanks for your great blog. Trying it out for fun All this Java / GUI stuff is not very familiar to me..) I did get an error with jPanel.getBorder.setBorder(jNe wBorder) but...
- Florian (6 days 6 hours ago): Hi Donn, there is already a documentation of the API in the current pre-release of Matlab 2015a. I’ve one question concerning Data Dictionaries in model reference...
- Wolfgang (6 days 17 hours ago): @Yair: Don’t bother. I figured it out. Btw: Your blog is awesome! Wolfgang
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.