- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (46)
- GUI (119)
- Handle graphics (63)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (139)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (289)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (113)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (144)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 hour 32 minutes ago): If you wish me to help you debug your specific installation, contact me by mail for a private consulting.
- waldroje21 (22 hours 28 minutes ago): in regard to the first… it shows up on the bottom when I type javaclasspath in the workspace, so I assume it can’t be the wrong file, and that path is what i get when...
- Yair Altman (1 day 3 hours ago): Perhaps one or more of the following happened: * you edited the wrong classpath.txt file * you forgot to restart Matlab after editing the classpath.txt file * you mistyped the...
- waldroje21 (1 day 3 hours ago): Any idea why a Matlab would recognize a Java class file from the Dynamic path, but not the Static? I’ve added it to my Static path, and it’s in there… but does...
- Joe V (1 day 3 hours ago): On a related note: When reading binary files, don’t use fseek inside a loop if you can avoid it — it’s very slow. In almost all cases I’ve tried, it’s...
- Chris (2 days 2 hours ago): I now have a solution for my specific problem: I use for the axes and the buttons a parent panel and create the buttons after the creation of the axes. If the mouse cursor is in a...
- Robert Cumming (2 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair, Another excellent example of what you can do with Matlab GUI’s. With some cool tricks and stretching the core Matlab capability you can design highly...
- Chris (2 days 18 hours ago): @ Yair Altman: Thank you for the hint. I think that I can’t use Patrick’s solution for my gui problem. I need a specific position of the panel (with some buttons) on the...
- Yair Altman (2 days 21 hours ago): @Chris – perhaps @Patrick’s solution above can help you in HG2 (R2014b+).
- Chris (2 days 23 hours ago): The solution set(hPanel,'BackgroundColor',' none') does not work in MATLAB versions 2014b and 2015a. Is there an another solution for the above-mentioned releases? Thanks a lot, Chris
- Stan (4 days 3 hours ago): I have experienced the same problem with position values getting reset for controls within panels. I believe that this does not happen if the figure is changed to be non-resizable.
- Michelle Hirsch (5 days 1 hour ago): Yair - Thanks for taking the time to point out these inconsistencies in the behavior and documentation. We will clean up the documentation to make things more consistent. We...
- Yair Altman (5 days 2 hours ago): @Eric – these functions are related to the article in the sense that they also deal with a 4×4 affine transformation matrix. They can be used in cases when you know...
- Eric (5 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair, I haven’t had enough coffee yet on this Monday morning to follow this post entirely, but is makehgtform/hgtransform helpful?
- Yair Altman (5 days 7 hours ago): @Harry – you can find a PDF primer on Matlab OOP in Matlab’s documentation section online. I offer custom onsite Matlab training that includes a half-day or full day...
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.