- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Upcoming public Matlab presentations
- Secure SSL connection between Matlab and PostgreSQL
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- Munich Germany visit, 9-11 May 2016
- Better MEX error messages
- Simple GUI Tabs for Advanced Matlab Trading App
- Quirks with compiled Matlab DLLs
- Convolution performance
- I am hiring a Matlab programmer (Tel Aviv)
- Graphic sizing in Matlab R2015b
- Programmatic shortcuts manipulation – part 2
- Desktop (37)
- Figure window (41)
- Guest bloggers (53)
- GUI (134)
- Handle graphics (72)
- Hidden property (37)
- Icons (7)
- Java (151)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (10)
- Presumed future risk (323)
- Public presentation (2)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (121)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (44)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (168)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Adam Gogacz (8 hours 58 minutes ago): @Yair I just checked that “augmentedmatlab.comR 21; domain name is still available
- Adam (10 hours 13 minutes ago): Thanks, this is certainly interesting. More so for me because I somehow missed your previous post from 3 years ago and knew nothing about the undocumented syntax (or the new documented...
- Yair Altman (11 hours 16 minutes ago): @Adam – if TMW linked to my blog it wouldn’t be “undocumented” Matlab any longer, would it?
- Adam Gogacz (12 hours 4 minutes ago): @mySelf The answer is here (http://undocumentedmatlab.com /blog/uicontrol-callbacks#memo ry_leak) thanks for that post. BTW, I wish Mathworks linked to your articles :). Thanks...
- Adam Gogacz (12 hours 32 minutes ago): Hi, Yair, can you comment on the memory leakage associated with using “set” on Java objects( http://www.mathworks.com/help/ matlab/ref/set.html )? I frequently use...
- Yair Altman (2 days 3 hours ago): @Egon – surely you are not equating the importance of Pascal (which I love, don’t get me wrong) et al, with that of C/C++/C#/Java. By whichever measure that you...
- Egon (2 days 13 hours ago): Cross compatibility – it is very confusing to users coming to Matlab from other programming languages, all of which (without any important exception) place the type name to the LEFT of...
- nirvana-msu (3 days 5 hours ago): True, we add java peers and not uicontrol handles themselves, but at the end of the day it does allow us to effectively manage the layout of arbitrary uicontrols (and java...
- Yair Altman (3 days 8 hours ago): @nirvana – this is correct, but what you are essentially doing is adding a Java component to a Java container – you are not adding the Matlab uicontrol. In this...
- Yair Altman (3 days 8 hours ago): @ruthvik – try to use either the export_fig or ScreenCapture utilities
- Yair Altman (3 days 8 hours ago): @YishaiE – inputParser is simply a function that checks the validity inputs. It is essentially no different than using other programmatic solutions such as assert or isa()...
- Ulrik (4 days 7 hours ago): Just a warning: The @ for properties only works well for built-in objects in the older versions of Matlab. If you use the @ for custom classes you can crash Matlab if the path to the...
- nirvana-msu (4 days 8 hours ago): Hi Yair, Isn’t this statement incorrect? Just remember the limitation that no Matlab component (such as GUI controls or plot axes) can be added to Java containers. You...
- ruthvik (4 days 9 hours ago): Hi Yair, I had used jtables to populate data in uitable and some plots. when i try to export to pdf, plot is getting exported in very bad quality and empty uitable. is it because of...
- YishaiE (5 days 0 hours ago): Isn’t inputParser a solution to the function input typecheck issue (kludgy and convoluted, but functional)?
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.