- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Class object creation performance
- Plotly graphs
- sprintfc – undocumented helper function
- Performance: accessing handle properties
- Listbox layout customization
- Another Command Window text color hack
- Matlab numerical gotchas
- Draggable plot data-tips
- Using JIDE combo-boxes
- Editable combo-box
- Editbox data input validation
- Customizing editboxes
- Rich-contents log panel
- Variables Editor scrolling
- Function definition meta-info
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (38)
- GUI (104)
- Handle graphics (47)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (124)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (5)
- Presumed future risk (237)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (92)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (35)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (111)
- Undocumented function (26)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (20 hours 29 minutes ago): @Michael – take a look at my article on setting Matlab callbacks for Java Swing component events.
- Michael Imhof (20 hours 33 minutes ago): Yes, that is what I meant. It appears that your recommendation does work. I can set an ActionPerformed callback with set(webSwitch,'ActionPerformed Callback',@webSwitchCallb...
- Yair Altman (20 hours 39 minutes ago): @Matt – thanks for the clarification
- Matt Whitaker (20 hours 41 minutes ago): Hi Yair, A note on the preallocation. If you have a parameter passed in on your class the automatically expanding classes will be called with a parameter constructor So if...
- Yair Altman (20 hours 51 minutes ago): @Michael - First of all, I assume you meant javaMethodEDT('setLeftComponen t',webSwitch,...) Secondly, try calling set(handle(webSwitch,'Callback Properties')) to see the full...
- Michael Imhof (21 hours 1 minute ago): Is it possible to tie a java callback function (like java.awt.event.ActionListener) to a Matlab function? I am using a third party LookAndFeel with custom components...
- Yair Altman (21 hours 33 minutes ago): @Kasim – it would have been nice if you included a reference to this webpage in your utility’s description. After all, it’s based on the content of this...
- kasim (21 hours 57 minutes ago): I use ‘dispstat’ function just for this purpose. It can update the previous output which is a missing function of default ‘disp’. Very simple to use. It can be...
- MatMan (1 day 1 hour ago): A small addition: matlab.mixin.Copyable can also be used for deep copies by overloading the copyElement method as described in the documentation. Thanks for clearing up that when it...
- Yair Altman (1 day 3 hours ago): Thanks for mentioning this, matlab.mixin.Copyable can indeed be useful for fast shallow copies, in cases that do not require deep copies. And yes, it was indeed added in R2011a....
- MatMan (1 day 5 hours ago): You could have mentioned that since Matlab 2011a (I think) you can copy handle classes without invoking the constructor: http://www.mathworks.com/help/ matlab/ref/matlab.mixin.cop...
- Yair Altman (1 day 20 hours ago): @Andrew – I could indeed make getInstance() Static+private (no need to make it hidden), but then I’d need to call it via the Widgets. prefix in pull()/recycle(): obj...
- Andrew (1 day 21 hours ago): Interesting use of The MathWorks calls “class-related” functions. Is there a reason that you didn’t make getInstance() an (Access=private,Static,Hidden) method...
- Rafael (4 days 3 hours ago): Hallo Yair, What a great blog! Congratulations. I would like to create a panel. The panel has to have scrolling options. Unfortunately, I have a problem. JViewport does not display...
- Jveer (6 days 22 hours ago): Great job guys! Any chance of seeing 3D plots any time soon? To the very least 3D scatter plots?
Tag Archives: JMI7 relevant articles found:
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.