- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 3
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 2
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 1
- Improving Simulink performance
- Undocumented button highlighting
- Assessing Java object size in Matlab
- Serializing/deserializing Matlab data
- MathWorks blogs facelift
- 2013 perspective & plans for 2014
- Accessing private object properties
- Class object creation performance
- Plotly graphs
- sprintfc – undocumented helper function
- Performance: accessing handle properties
- Listbox layout customization
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (39)
- GUI (105)
- Handle graphics (48)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (126)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (8)
- Presumed future risk (246)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (92)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Undocumented feature (115)
- Undocumented function (27)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Raj (17 hours 13 minutes ago): Hey Yair, I’ve got a question. Your Text Selection Method works fine! I’ve tried make a search function for my editbox so it can mark(select) every word he found. But the...
- CitizenInsane (1 day 21 hours ago): Hi! This is great and inspirative work. Is it possible to perform a ‘reset property value to default’ with jide grid controls?. I was thinking of using .NET...
- Ayantha (2 days 0 hours ago): Thanks Yair,It worked. For some unknown reason, it didn’t work with an inbuilt example of Matlab. But it worked fine with my own code. Thanks again and keep your good work...
- Yair Altman (2 days 14 hours ago): @Jacques – use the old (pre-2008a) uitable, which returns the Java object directly
- Jacques (2 days 15 hours ago): Hello Yair, I am using your findjobj function in my code to resize the row headers of 3 uitable elements (on the same page). It has helped me a lot but it takes a significant time...
- Magu_ (3 days 22 hours ago): Thank you for your answer. This is very neat I didn’t know that exist. I did it for the fieldnames but failed for methods so far. “methods” seems to behave...
- Yair Altman (5 days 14 hours ago): @Magu – try to implement hidden methods fieldnames and/or methods in your class. The first is for properties, the second is for methods.
- Yair Altman (6 days 15 hours ago): @Darin – y.setHorizontalTextPosition(ja vax.swing.SwingConstants.LEFT) ; This is covered both in my book and my uicontrols customization report.
- Darin (7 days 11 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks, this info is very helpful! (Even 3+ years later ) When I used the code on a pushbutton, it centered the icon… and had the text centered as well. I tried using...
- varun chopra (7 days 14 hours ago): amazing!!!
- Magu_ (8 days 0 hours ago): Hi Great article. Can this method also be used for classes? For the constructor it’s rather simple following your procedure. But I did fail to do so for class methods. I did...
- Yair Altman (10 days 1 hour ago): @Ninad – you can try to use property-change listeners.
- Ninad kubal (10 days 2 hours ago): Can i add callback on any property change of matlab uipanel or uicontrol?
- Yair Altman (12 days 0 hours ago): @Yuval – here’s a simple example: node = mtree.getTree.getPathForRow(8) .getLastPathComponent; % original row = 8+1=9 newParent = mtree.getTree.getPathForRow...
- Yuval Cohen (12 days 2 hours ago): Hello, I was wondering if there is a simple method to move a node up and down the tree (place it above its sibling for example) or change it’s parent such that it is one...
Tag Archives: JMI8 relevant articles found:
Explicit multi-threading can be achieved in Matlab by a variety of simple means.
Matlab does not normally provide information about the Java calls on the stack trace. A simple trick can show us this information.
This article lists the different types of undocumented/unsupported/hidden aspects in Matlab
UDD objects can be grouped in structured hierarchies – this article explains how
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from a separate Java process is explained.
An example using matlabcontrol for calling Matlab from within a Java class is explained and discussed
MatlabControl is an open-source wrapper of JMI that allows an easy and documented way to communicate from Java to Matlab. This article describes this wrapper.
JMI enables calling Matlab functions from within Java. This article explains JMI’s core functionality.