- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Icon images & text in Matlab uicontrols
- Aligning uicontrol contents
- Customizing uifigures part 2
- Zero-testing performance
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (44)
- Guest bloggers (56)
- GUI (141)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (338)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (47)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (177)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Guillaume (18 hours 32 minutes ago): Hi Yair, I successfully use screencapture along with imwrite to save a screenshot of a maximized figure, however I can see some funny results on the bottom and left edges of the...
- Yair Altman (3 days 3 hours ago): Sliders in figure-based (not web-based) UI are Java objects whose parent is a dedicated Matlab container that is automatically created when you use the javacomponent function....
- Xiaoyang Liu (3 days 4 hours ago): Hi, I was wondering how to set the slider as a child of the MATLAB figure. This will allow the figure WindowKeyPressFcn work while the slider has the focus. Apparently I cannot...
- Yair Altman (3 days 6 hours ago): Thanks for the update, Christoph
- Yishai E (3 days 10 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’m trying to access some hidden properties (Matlab 2015b, Win7), the following code gives me an empty jTabGroup: % Prepare a tab-group consisting of two tabs...
- Christoph Feenders (3 days 11 hours ago): update: the issue is fixed in R2016b. The position of flags in h.BrushData now corresponds to data-points in h.XData and h.YData (irrespective of data-point visibility...
- Yair Altman (6 days 15 hours ago): @Sebastian – I agree that this is confusing. I am not aware of a way to avoid this.
- Sebastian (6 days 15 hours ago): I’m not sure if this is a common problem. But some of our clients (including me as well) are confused about the behavior of the figure toolbars when docked. In later...
- Yair Altman (6 days 17 hours ago): JMI is just a connector from Java to Matlab, it is not the Matlab engine. You still need the Matlab engine in order to do any Matlab processing with JMI. Note that in R2016b,...
- Anonymous (6 days 17 hours ago): If jmi is used,do we require Matlab then? And do all functionalities available inside Matlab can be accessed using jmi?
- Yair Altman (7 days 6 hours ago): @Amaury – this seems to be something specific to the MongoClient class. You should probably ask about this in the MongoDB forums.
- Yair Altman (7 days 7 hours ago): @Royi – setBounds is not a field but a method (that accepts either a java.awt.Rectangle object or 4 int values as input parameter(s)). As far as I can tell, it still...
- Yair Altman (7 days 8 hours ago): @Stijn – try adding pause(0.5) after the drawnow. If it works then you can play with the pause duration to find the minimal duration value that works well on your specific...
- Stijn Helsen (7 days 17 hours ago): I wanted to use the maximize function to get the size of the screen on which a figure is shown (using multiple screens). And “manually” (step by step) this works,...
- Leo (8 days 8 hours ago): Hi, Yair I have a question, its possible add multiple subtask in gantt chart?
Tag Archives: Callbacks29 relevant articles found:
Matlab listbox selection can be customized in a variety of undocumented ways.
The figure’s CurrentModifier property provides a simple and consistent way to retrieve keypress modifiers: alt-, control- and shift-clicks.
Using anonymous functions in Matlab callbacks can be very painful for performance. Today’s article explains how this can be avoided.
Matlab’s new HG2 graphics engine includes many new undocumented events that could be used in various ways.
the behavior of Matlab’s copyobj function changed in R2014b (HG2), and callbacks are no longer copied.
R2014a changed the way in which Java objects expose events as Matlab callbacks.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
Undocumented features of Matlab editbox uicontrols enable immediate user-input data validation
Matlab’s editbox can be customized in many useful manners