- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- A couple of internal Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Matlab-Latex interface
- Real-time trading system demo
- Displaying animated GIFs
- HG2 update
- Improving save performance
- New York City visit, 21-24 May 2013
- Improving fwrite performance
- Setting class property types
- Parsing mlint (Code Analyzer) output
- ishghandle’s undocumented input parameter
- JTattoo look-and-feel demo
- HG’s undocumented parameters interface
- Handle Graphics Behavior
- Matclipse – Eclipse-Matlab interface
- Desktop (29)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (32)
- GUI (94)
- Handle graphics (43)
- Hidden property (31)
- Icons (6)
- Java (113)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (11)
- Mex (4)
- Presumed future risk (214)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (27)
- Stock Matlab function (84)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (30)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (101)
- Undocumented function (23)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Igor (1 day 3 hours ago): >> Do you have a smart use for the figure’s minimization or maximization feature? or another use for JavaFrame? If so, please...
- Martin Höcker (1 day 16 hours ago): After upgrading to Matlab2013a, it took me a while to figure out that Mathworks has changed the DDE “Application...
- Robin (1 day 17 hours ago): Are you sure Matlab doesn’t compress structures/cells saved in v7.3? I have exactly the opposite problem that it is not able to...
- Yair Altman (3 days 14 hours ago): @CrisPi – all you need to do is to add the class which is specified in the Workspace’s Class column (in this case,...
- Donn Shull (3 days 17 hours ago): I agree that the disparity between these two values is odd. I might consider it as a feature and explain it as follows. Dialog...
- Malcolm Lidierth (4 days 8 hours ago): @CrisPi Complex numbers do not have a special type: a complex number is stored as two numbers representing its real and...
- Andrew (4 days 11 hours ago): I’ve noticed this as well. I find it unhelpful as a developer. It can be useful to know if a bug exists and/or has been fixed...
- Brian (4 days 13 hours ago): Thanks Lubos. Matlab’s text engine doesn’t seem to support the soul package. When I get some time, I will try to switch...
- CrisPi (4 days 20 hours ago): Hi, great and super useful article, but I ran into a bit of a problem – the classes ‘single’ and...
- Cordelle Brent (4 days 21 hours ago): @Yair Altman Will it be too much to ask for an example, because i been trying to do that for like 10 hours now and i have...
Tag Archives: Callbacks
The Matlab waitfor function can be used to wait for asynchronous Java/ActiveX events, as well as with timeouts.
Internal fields of Java objects may leak memory – this article explains how to avoid this without sacrificing performance.
The javacomponent function is very useful for placing Java components on-screen, but has a few quirks.
Callback reentrancy is a major problem for frequently-fired events. Luckily, it can easily be solved.
Matlab’s undocumented uisplittool and uitogglesplittool are powerful toolbar controls – this article explains how to customize their behavior
Events raised in Java code can be caught and handled in Matlab callback functions – this article explains how
The semi-documented hgfeval function can be useful for callback chaining – this article explains how