- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced Matlab training courses offered
at the convenience of your office. Additional info
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (46)
- GUI (117)
- Handle graphics (60)
- Hidden property (33)
- Icons (7)
- Java (137)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (282)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (108)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (138)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Legion (8 hours 5 minutes ago): Yair, Great site. Thanks. Looks like no alternatives work as of 2012a. I’ve tried 2012a and 2014b. Any other workarounds or things that I could research?
- Claire O. (9 hours 28 minutes ago): @Yair, I just saw your response. Thanks so much, adding the drawnow did the trick!
- Yair Altman (13 hours 1 minute ago): @Tom – …or to hire a professional Matlab expert to do it for you…
- Tom (13 hours 34 minutes ago): I have found that GUIDE graphics are impossibly broken in 2014b. In the guide designer, controls disappear and cannot be made to reappear only with great effort and luck. In addition,...
- Yair Altman (1 day 7 hours ago): Of course it doesn’t – as stated in the top paragraph, this article (which is part of a series) only discusses HG2, in other words R2014b and later. R2014a still...
- Evaluate (1 day 9 hours ago): It seems that the workaround doesn’t work on 2014a edition! I receive “Attempt to reference field f non-structure array.” Any comments?
- John (2 days 10 hours ago): Awesome – thank you, Yair! John
- Yair Altman (2 days 12 hours ago): @John – there is no direct way to get the Matlab handle, but you can set it in your Java handle’s ApplicationData when you first find it using findjobj: hEditbox =...
- John (2 days 13 hours ago): A significant part of my work is developing MATLAB-based GUIs for engineering R&D applications; as such, I have referenced and used your information and the findjobj utility; they...
- colin (4 days 9 hours ago): Great article! Any suggestions for setting the brush data programmatically? For example, to display all the points that meet a certain criteria?
- Yair Altman (5 days 12 hours ago): @Julien – I assume this is done for performance reasons, graphics being drawn by native C code. However I don’t know this for a fact.
- Julien (6 days 7 hours ago): Thanks… I was dreaming to a world where axes would have their own containers so that they could be added to any Java container, or could be scrolled. So, there are still 2...
- Donn Shull (7 days 0 hours ago): Hi Florian, I am not sure I understand why you would not want to have a matching dictionary hierarchy for a given model hierarchy. The syntax is very simple: parent =...
- Yair Altman (7 days 6 hours ago): @Julien – HG2 graphics are still drawn at the canvas-level. The canvas itself has changed: it is now a com.mathworks.hg.peer.JavaScen eServerGLJPanel object, which is a...
- julien (7 days 7 hours ago): Thanks Yair for this very interesting post… It is indeed a very good news! More than its aspect (borders, titles), it is finally a “real” java container in which we...
Tag Archives: datenum1 relevant articles found:
The performance of the built-in Matlab function datenum can be significantly improved by using an undocumented internal help function