- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Upcoming public Matlab presentations
- Secure SSL connection between Matlab and PostgreSQL
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- Munich Germany visit, 9-11 May 2016
- Better MEX error messages
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (42)
- Guest bloggers (54)
- GUI (136)
- Handle graphics (72)
- Hidden property (38)
- Icons (7)
- Java (154)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (329)
- Public presentation (2)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (123)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (44)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (170)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Malcolm Lidierth (7 hours 47 minutes ago): A couple of general comments: pause(0.05); drawnow; % this never hurt anyone! Flushing the event queue unnecessarily can hurt when large data sets are displayed. Repaints...
- Sam Roberts (14 hours 17 minutes ago): Yes, R2016b has the same behaviour.
- Knut A Meyer (22 hours 46 minutes ago): Thanks for the quick reply Yair! I didn’t get how you identify the process ID of the called process though…? Perhaps something very easy I’m missing? But, I...
- Yasser ElNemr (23 hours 47 minutes ago): Hallo , Thanks for the great work. i used it in several applications and it is working perfectly. However in my current application i need the root node to point to a specific...
- Kyle (1 day 15 hours ago): Is anyone aware if this is still the behavior in the newest Matlab version, 2016b? We have a very large suite of classes that now need to be sifted through to verify we’re not...
- Yair Altman (1 day 20 hours ago): @Knut – you can use the tasklist command on Windows. For example: >> procId = feature('getPID'); % Matlab's own process ID >> str = evalc('system([''tasklist /v /fi "PID...
- Knut A Meyer (1 day 20 hours ago): Thanks Yair for this interesting series! I found the ability of having more control over the external calls appealing. Do you know if there is a command for checking if a...
- Oleg (4 days 15 hours ago): As of R2016a the core of matlab.internal.webservices.to JSON() and matlab.internal.webservices.fr omJSON() are in mex, hence very fast.
- Yair Altman (6 days 1 hour ago): @David – there is indeed an answer to this but I make it a personal point not to answer any pro-bono questions from JHU-APL following a few cases in previous years where I...
- David Long (6 days 17 hours ago): Yair, Thanks so much on this. I have a particular problem that using dtstr2dtnummx doesn’t solve, and I was wondering if you knew of a simple fix. You are correct that...
- Yair Altman (8 days 5 hours ago): @Chris – nice to see you here! Your report chimes with Martin’s comment above. The new syntax’s documented automatic type-casting can be replicated in the old...
- David Bellairs (8 days 17 hours ago): Hey Donn, Configuration: Matlab 2015b Background: I’m working with a large project and we initially decided to put all “variables” into the Simulink Data...
- Xiangrui Li (9 days 12 hours ago): Following Yair’s nice information, I played with JIDE checkbox list, and figured out the way to add/remove checkbox list dynamically for my purpose. Compared to my...
- Yair Altman (10 days 4 hours ago): @Ander – I do not believe that you will detect any noticeable performance decrease when using this mechanism.
- Ander Biguri (10 days 5 hours ago): Thanks for the post, very useful! Any insight on how does this function affect the global performance of the mex function?
Tag Archives: datenum1 relevant articles found:
The performance of the built-in Matlab function datenum can be significantly improved by using an undocumented internal help function