- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (75)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (162)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (356)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (132)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (189)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 23 hours ago): @Paul – you can check each node’s SelectionState property value, and you can compare it to com.mathworks.mwswing.checkbox tree.SelectionState.SELECTED, .NOT_SELECTED...
- Yair Altman (1 day 23 hours ago): @Collin – I’ll be happy to assist you by spending time to investigate this for you, but I would naturally expect to be compensated for my time and expertise. Email...
- Collin (2 days 7 hours ago): Yair, Excellent advice as always. I’m attempting to incorporate a breadcrumb bar into a GUI. After failing to get JIDE’s (com.jidesoft.navigation.Bread crumbBar) to work,...
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @Sharavan – yes, as long as you place the code in a Matlab s-function. The syntax should be the same as that shown on this blog.
- Paul M. (3 days 12 hours ago): Excellent tutorial, I am using the Matlab built in class (com.mathworks.mwswing.checkbo xtree.CheckBoxTree), how do I get a list of which nodes have the check box marked? If I use:...
- Thommy (3 days 22 hours ago): Thank you mate, I’ve passed quite some time on that issue. You made my day !
- sharavan (4 days 14 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thanks for the brilliant article. Will I be able to call Java extensions from S Functions from Simulink. A very small example would help a lot. Best Regards Sharavan
- Yair Altman (11 days 13 hours ago): @Zach – a slider that only fires when you release the drag handle is the default documented way that Matlab’s slider works. My post is only relevant if you want...
- Zach Mauch (12 days 8 hours ago): I’m using the java slider in a GUI, but I’m getting some weird behavior as I actively slide. I added an edit box to populate the index into for the user. It populates...
- Yair Altman (13 days 6 hours ago): @Saket – thanks for sharing, useful indeed
- Yair Altman (13 days 6 hours ago): @Michal – when you say that something “does not work at all” you provide zero information about what you tried to do and what happened. If you expect me to...
- Michal Kvasnicka (14 days 15 hours ago): @Yair Undocumented functionality (first code box) does not work at all (R2017b)!!! I always got null result. Any workaround?
- Saket (18 days 21 hours ago): @Andrew, @Yair – Try out the Mex Version of CSV Reader from Stanislaw Adaszewski: http://adared.ch/efficient-csv -reader-for-matlab You might need to modify the C code as per...
- Mark Whitfield (19 days 12 hours ago): Thank you.
- Michal Kvasnicka (19 days 20 hours ago): @Yair – thanks for very interesting post! Any examples how to read/write HUGE text files (CSV) by fread+textscan in chunks?
Tag Archives: Desktop35 relevant articles found:
A list of suggested config changes to the default Matlab installation is detailed.
Matlab Command Window text can be formatted *bold* since R2011b.
Recovering the previous state of the Matlab editor and its loaded documents is possible using a built-in backup config file.
Matlab figure windows can be made fully or partially transparent/translucent or blurred – this article explains how
Matlab’s undocumented uisplittool and uitogglesplittool are powerful controls that can easily be added to Matlab toolbars – this article explains how
Matlab’s Workspace table context-menu can be configured with user-defined actions – this article explains how.
Matlab’s entire Look-and-Feel (PLAF, or L&F) can be modified at the control or application level – this article shows how
The Matlab desktop’s Command-Window tab-completion can be customized for user-defined functions
The Matlab Desktop’s Command-Window prompt can easily be modified using some undocumented features