- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (152)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (170)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (376)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (202)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (2 days 9 hours ago): Veena – After you execute the undo function, of course the undo stack will be empty because the undo command was already executed.
- Veena Gujjar (2 days 9 hours ago): Hello Yair, Can you please help me. I am using matlab 2017b. I am using uiundo function for undo and redo feature. when the debugger is inside the uiundo function i can see...
- Yair Altman (2 days 20 hours ago): @Medi – I am not sure what you mean. I discussed a slider that has several knobs (“range slider”) here: https://undocumentedmatlab....
- medi (2 days 20 hours ago): how can i plot many data with slider in Gui?
- Yair Altman (4 days 9 hours ago): @Peter – while the legend object’s ItemHitFcn callback property is documented/supported, the Item property of the eventData object (which is passed to the callback...
- Peter Cook (5 days 2 hours ago): I have recently incorporated the Legend’s ItemHitFcn callback property into a utility I built. You can access and edit some relevant objects in the callback function, e.g....
- Yair Altman (7 days 3 hours ago): @Rik – in a vast number of real-life use-cases, we already know in advance that either a or b or both are already sorted, and in this case ismembc is still faster than...
- Rik Wisselink (7 days 4 hours ago): I’m sorry, I edited my code after I already pasted the code here and forgot to update the code along with the output. The remarks in the posted text still stand though....
- Yair Altman (7 days 23 hours ago): @Rik – your outputs don’t correspond to your code, so they do not make any sense. Moreover, instead of reporting 3 separate timing instances, it would be better to...
- Rik Wisselink (8 days 0 hours ago): @Yair, unfortunately, that is the same sample data as you use in your article. If you include the sort, ismembc becomes much slower to use. Interestingly, ismember on the...
- sco1 (9 days 16 hours ago): Very interesting! I never explored NodeChildren when I was building legtools and was using PlotChildren instead to do things like rearrange the legend, add/remove entries, etc. Have...
- Yair Altman (16 days 6 hours ago): @Zoltan – R2015b is 6 releases older than the latest Matlab release, so surely this is no surprise. New functions are being added to Matlab with each new release. If you...
- Zoltan Csati (16 days 6 hours ago): In R2015b I only see the *+app*, the and the *+plot* packages inside the *+controllib* package, no *widget*.
- Gelth (16 days 8 hours ago): @Yair, 1) Just precision : I just try the command controllib.internal.util.hStri ng2Char(“”) (with matlab 2017b) and the result was 0×0 empty char array, not ”. By...
- Ondrej (18 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am trying to plot a line with a gradient which would be “perpendicular” to the line. For example: N = 10; p = plot(1:N, ones(1, N), ‘Linewidth’,...
Tag Archives: Handle graphics77 relevant articles found:
Matlab plot legends and their internal components can be customized using a variety of undocumented properties that are easily accessible.
Multiple customizations can be applied to tick labels.
Basic bar charts and histogram plots can be customized in important aspects.
A combination of Matlab and Java Robot commands to automate a certain animation can be used when we cannot access underlying GUI/graphics code.
Matlab contour labels’ color and font can easily be customized.
Advanced Matlab training courses on Matlab User Interfaces (GUI) will be presented in Zurich Switzerland on 29-30 August, 2017
The axes rulers (axles) can be made to cross-over at any x,y location within the chart.
Matlab release R2015b’s new “DPI-aware” nature broke some important functionality. Here’s what can be done…
Contour labels, lines and fill patches can easily be customized in Matlab HG2.
It is easy and very useful to attach dynamic properties to Matlab graphics objects in run-time.