- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (126)
- Handle graphics (69)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (144)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (304)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (118)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (154)
- Undocumented function (31)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (20 hours 43 minutes ago): @David – you will need to do this programmatically: this is typically handled by the window frame but without the frame it doesn’t happen automatically. So trap a...
- David M (1 day 17 hours ago): Hello Yair, Is it possible to grab and drag a ‘frameless’ figure without the title bar? I would like to click somewhere in the frameless figure area, and drag it around....
- Dani (4 days 2 hours ago): The keepAlpha of Fabian does a good job preventing Matlab to get rid of the transparency again when, e.g., legend is called. Is there a way to convince ‘legend’ to show the...
- Mollie (7 days 11 hours ago): Hi Yair, I recently updated to Matlab 2015a and thus updated my UISplitPane method in my program. I was using your previous UISplitPane method on Matlab 2012a and referenced a...
- Martin Afanasjew (8 days 23 hours ago): @Yair – there are probably many variants I haven’t tested. If I have a function used internally by a single class, then I fully agree with you. However, the exercise...
- Yair Altman (9 days 1 hour ago): You are missing one important variant, that I expect to be the fastest of all: @plus where plus(obj,x) is a sub-function in the same class file as the main class, but...
- Martin Afanasjew (9 days 1 hour ago): I finally ran a simple benchmark (on OS X 10.10.5) to support my argument. It also very nicely shows the performance improvements in R2015b. In the benchmark obj is an...
- Julien (11 days 16 hours ago): Very interesting… But when I see your first figure with this scrollable container which contains an axes, I would like to know more! Could you briefly explain how you...
- dariush (12 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair. I wrote a fairly complex GUI in R2014b and i have the problem of very slow startup. Could you please explain a little more on the solution you mentioned here. What steps...
- Yair Altman (12 days 17 hours ago): @Thurston – I assume this is due to the slowdown in Matlab’s new graphics system (HG2) in R2014b, for some graphic aspects. In your case, using patches probably...
- Thurston Herricks (12 days 17 hours ago): Hello Dr. Altman, I am trying generate a GUI that has a a few patches in it. Even with relatively few patches with 600 faces I experience significant performance issues...
- Simon (13 days 4 hours ago): Hi Yair! Thanks for this great piece of code! It works perfectly. I have a question concerning the customization of the data-tips: I’d like to give the user the ability to...
- Yair Altman (14 days 4 hours ago): @Erik – system_dependent (or its close sibling feature) change very frequently, sometimes even on adjacent releases, so it doesn’t make much sense to...
- Erik (14 days 4 hours ago): Please document the system_dependent function (e.g. see its uses in ver.m). It can get OS specific info, which can be of major use for GUI developers that need to customise their GUIs...
- Mark G (17 days 19 hours ago): @Stefan – Good find on the matlabcentral post. That will save me from more time pursuing unlikely prospects. Thanks all.
Tag Archives: IDS1 relevant articles found:
A borderless button can be used to add unobtrusive functionality to plot axes