- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (51)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (155)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (171)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (379)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (205)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Iliya (9 days 8 hours ago): Hi Khris, Thanks for sharing your attempt (and thoughts) regarding the key press listeners! I’m sure it would be a helpful starting point for those who would like to explore...
- Khris Griffis (10 days 2 hours ago): Great workaround Iliya! I was playing with something similar to this, though my approach was not as nice. I found that we can add listeners to the DOM for key presses and then...
- Blake (17 days 7 hours ago): This is a great article! Does anyone know the format of the header information in the converted bytestream? Thanks!
- Yair Altman (17 days 9 hours ago): In recent Matlab releases, Matlab’s pause is no less (sometimes even more) accurate than Java’s Thread.sleep, with a consistent mean inaccuracy (overhead) of 0.1-0.2...
- Sometalk (17 days 11 hours ago): Have you rerun this benchmark more recently? I wonder if there have been any improvements in this space.
- Peng Zheng (18 days 4 hours ago): Hi Yair, I tried to run the example, and compiler the example(matlab 2017a), it works for a few minutes, but new problem appears, the exe crashed with a error，（jframe cannot...
- Dan (19 days 23 hours ago): Thank you so much. This works well for UITables embedded in a traditional figure but I’m having issues getting findjobj to work when the UITable is embedded in a UIFigure, it just...
- Joe Burgel (23 days 6 hours ago): Hi Yair, Once again, saving my life! Thanks so much for what you do for all these years.
- Sarah (24 days 4 hours ago): Thank you!
- Yaroslav (24 days 13 hours ago): @Mark, the zoom function calls resetplotview (undocumented). It, in turn, resets all modes (X/YLimMode) to auto. That is why the listeners do not trigger. To solve the issue, link...
- Mark D. (25 days 9 hours ago): @Yaroslav your solution works great, but the double mouseclick (of zoom out or zoom in), which puts the plot in the default optimized axes, doesn’t work or behaves the same,...
- Peter Cook (27 days 0 hours ago): Yair, One multithreaded mex file I can’t say enough good things about is getmatvar which, in addition to being faster than MATLAB builtins (i.e. matfile objects), allows...
- Jan Afridi (28 days 12 hours ago): Thanks for community referring. I wish this help to understand Matlab and resolve the issue that I am facing.
- David Sampson (29 days 12 hours ago): See also uix.ScrollingPanel in GUI Layout Toolbox. This works for figures (not uifigures) from R2014b onwards.
Tag Archives: Mex14 relevant articles found:
The Matlab Code Analyzer (mlint) has a lot of undocumented functionality just waiting to be used.
Matlab’s internal memory structure is explored and discussed.
Editing Matlab arrays in-place can be an important technique for optimizing calculations. This article shows how to do it using Mex.
There are many reasons for the numerous undocumented aspects in Matlab – this article explains them.