- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (110)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (263)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (125)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- David (9 hours 34 minutes ago): Or put another way… “Instead of using addlistener you can call the event.proplistener constructor directly which creates a listener not tied to the lifecycle of the object...
- David (9 hours 39 minutes ago): Hi Yair, Maybe there should have been a comma or two in my original statement to avoid confusion as we are definitely both talking about the same thing. Typical usage (assuming we are...
- Yair Altman (10 hours 11 minutes ago): @David – I think you have it backwards: event.proplistener creates a standalone listener that is not tied to the object’s lifecycle. This means that it works only as...
- David (10 hours 18 minutes ago): You can also call the event.proplistener constructor directly instead of using add listener which creates a listener not tied to the lifecycle of the object being listened to....
- Yair Altman (20 hours 4 minutes ago): @MI – I will be very happy to help you integrate sophisticated table controls in your Matlab GUI, for a consulting fee. Please contact me via email (altmany at gmail).
- MI (20 hours 45 minutes ago): Hi Yair, very good work! keep it up! Actually I find it very useful to have a CellEditor for numeric matrix or for mixed-type table-data (cell-array). Therefor I would like to use your...
- Fred (2 days 7 hours ago): I came here since I wanted to run an old version MATLAB on Win8. I wasn’t intending to test with the newer jre. But it could not find the default jre, and it turns out this is a...
- Yair Altman (2 days 8 hours ago): @Ilan – I don’t have access to Linux at the moment so I’m afraid someone else would need to answer this…
- Ilan Bar (2 days 20 hours ago): Yair, mxGetPropertyShared is working great on Windows. Do you know whether there is a way to use it on LINUX as well ? The generic solution solution by James Tursa works consisting...
- Yair Altman (3 days 13 hours ago): @Steven – read here: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/matlab-callbacks-for-java -events-in-r2014a In short, add the following before calling the set command: jTextArea...
- Steven Baete (4 days 10 hours ago): Great post! It helped me to show the command line output in my own GUI. % to read the matlab output into our GUI jDesktop = com.mathworks.mde.desk.MLDeskt op.getInstance;...
- Luis Vieira da Silva (5 days 20 hours ago): Thanks a lot, Yair, it works fine
- Mark Mikofski (6 days 6 hours ago): Turns out that the newer schooner/whalin client is even faster than the old whalin (meetup.com) client, and they say it’s faster than both spymemcached (from...
- Mark Mikofski (6 days 7 hours ago): In order to get rid of that message and output logging messages to a file configure the Apache.org log4j logger yourself by creating a FileAppender with the default layout and...
- Yair Altman (6 days 8 hours ago): @Luis – simply switch the order of the actions: set(hfig,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch jFrame.fHG2Client.setMaximized (true); %...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab117 relevant articles found:
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
A new utility enables to interactively explore Matlab function call timeline profiling.
Matlab bar charts can be customized in various nifty ways.
Matlab uipanels can be made transparent, for very useful effects.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing timer objects and spawning external processes.
Matlab button uicontrols can easily be highlighted by simply setting their Value property.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.