- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Plotly graphs
- sprintfc – undocumented helper function
- Performance: accessing handle properties
- Listbox layout customization
- Another Command Window text color hack
- Matlab numerical gotchas
- Draggable plot data-tips
- Using JIDE combo-boxes
- Editable combo-box
- Editbox data input validation
- Customizing editboxes
- Rich-contents log panel
- Variables Editor scrolling
- Function definition meta-info
- Allocation performance take 2
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (38)
- GUI (104)
- Handle graphics (47)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (124)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (5)
- Presumed future risk (236)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (91)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (35)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (111)
- Undocumented function (26)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Marie Kris (2 days 18 hours ago): I hope this hard coded hack will work out properly.
- Yair Altman (3 days 3 hours ago): @Jai – take a look at JMI: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/jmi-java-to-matlab-interf ace/
- Jai Naresh (3 days 3 hours ago): Hi, I am trying to launch matlab model and control its execution through Java Interface. Please let me know if their are any ways to do this. Any response will help. Thanks, jai...
- Salvatore (3 days 7 hours ago): Hello Yair I’d like to get back the whole path of a tree’s node in a structure following the classic way to display it: S.S1.S1(2).signal.sig while, with the code you...
- Matteo (8 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair I tried to figure out how to do this, and with higher dimension cell arrays, when I was still a Matlab newbie. I was obviously ahead of myself, but with a ton of reading,...
- Thierry Dalon (8 days 9 hours ago): sorry and thank you Yair for the prompt reply. I was using JMenu.getItem instead of jMenu.getMenuComponent as you advised. It works as you advise.
- Yair Altman (8 days 10 hours ago): @Johannes – strange, this does not happen to me. Perhaps you have something special in your code, or maybe a specific configuration of Matlab release/platform which is...
- Yair Altman (8 days 10 hours ago): @Sih – I don’t know a direct way to disable double-clicks in listboxes, but in your callbacks you can easily test for that and ignore such events. For example:...
- Yair Altman (8 days 11 hours ago): @Yaroslav – ah! makes sense, also correlates with the num2str.m code. I’ve updated the main text accordingly. Thanks
- Yaroslav Don (8 days 11 hours ago): Yair hi, After a short inspection I’ve come to the following conclusion: the third variable, isLeft, is used to indicate whether the output cell-string is left-justified;...
- Yair Altman (8 days 11 hours ago): @Thierry – you have looked at the incorrect javadoc: JMenu is the top-level menu (File/Edit/View/… – the jFileMenu item in my article above) and for that you...
- Thierry Dalon (8 days 12 hours ago): The setAccelerator method throws an error: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/ 7/docs/api/javax/swing/JMenu.h tml public void setAccelerator(KeyStroke keyStroke) setAccelerator is...
- Yair Altman (8 days 12 hours ago): @Ramy – I am not sure I understand – you ran the same ismember command several times, of course it would take a similar amount of time. If you run the same thing...
- Ramy (8 days 18 hours ago): There is almost no difference in the new 2013b version of Matlab: >> n=2e6; a=ceil(n*rand(n,1)); b=ceil(n*rand(n,1)); >> tic;ismember(a,b);toc; Elapsed time is 0.846894 seconds. >>...
- SihYing (9 days 2 hours ago): Hi, Yair: Is there anyway to ban or ignore double click action on listbox ? Thanks
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab108 relevant articles found:
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.
Handle object property access (get/set) performance can be significantly improved using dot-notation.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
Matlab includes some numerical gotchas that we should be careful to avoid…
Matlab’s standard plot data-tips can be customized to enable dragging, without being limitted to be adjacent to their data-point.
There are multiple ways to retrieve meta-info about functions in Matlab.
The clear function has some non-trivial effects on Matlab performance.
Matlab contains multiple libraries for handling sparse data. These can report very detailed internal info.
Matlab exposes undocumented info about its internal math libraries; these libraries can be upgraded manually.