- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (46)
- GUI (118)
- Handle graphics (63)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (138)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (288)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (113)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (143)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Chris Marshall (11 hours 8 minutes ago): Thanks for the article. I’ve modified my mpiLibConf file to use a local mvpapich2 lib (2.1) that I’ve compiled using gcc. Trouble is matlab stops with a signal...
- Mark Mikofski (1 day 2 hours ago): Just saw this matlab json client on github by christianpanton using libjson c library. there are prebuilt windows binaries in bin/
- Yair Altman (1 day 4 hours ago): @Robert – this sounds like a plain standard Matlab EDT timing problem, whose solutions I described here and here.
- Robert Moss (1 day 4 hours ago): I placed your ProgressBarDialog code above into a little function for my own use. MOST of the time it works fine. SOME of the time, and I can’t figure out what is causing...
- W.T. Door (1 day 4 hours ago): Yair – Just wanted to add a comment to let you know that this post was extremely helpful; I was trying to figure out a way to help highlight some differences between surface...
- James (2 days 8 hours ago): Thanks. I guess these hidden properties are unfortunately still useless when it comes to vector graphics (or even high quality non-vector formats unless you have a high-res display...
- John S. (2 days 9 hours ago): Another instance of accessing MATLAB latest release is through this remote desktop service: https://www.apponfly.com/en/ap plication/matlab
- Marc (2 days 10 hours ago): Hi, Thank you very much for this work. It is very handy. I was wondering if we were any way to adjust ColumnWidth ? Thanks, Marc
- Yair Altman (2 days 12 hours ago): @James – I suspect that you will find the same behavior with Matlab’s built-in print function, and in this case there is not much that export_fig can do since it...
- James (2 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks for the quick response. The opengl renderer works for .png or .bmp format, yes, but when I change the resolution the output changes from my pretty figure with...
- Martin Lechner (2 days 17 hours ago): That would be a very good solution for this issue. The default value for this property should be true because the described use cases where this Matlab behaviour is...
- Yair Altman (3 days 4 hours ago): @James – try using the opengl (rather than painters) renderer (the ‘-opengl’ parameter in export_fig). Note that this might take a long time, consume much...
- James (3 days 5 hours ago): I’ve been able to make some beautiful figures using HG2 thanks to your help. Unfortunately, I am now unable to find a way to export to any sort of vector format that maintains...
- Ed Yu (3 days 8 hours ago): To me this seems like a syntax issue… The behavior seems to be equivalent to Java’s static class level properties instead of the regular object instance properties. I...
- Vishnu S Nair (3 days 15 hours ago): Hi, The discussion details helped me to solve my problem. But I have some doubts, If I change the name of state or transition, how can I listen the events. I tried this below...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab133 relevant articles found:
Matlab’s view function returns an undocumented output transformation matrix.
MCOS property initialization has a documented but unexpected behavior that could cause many bugs in user code.
Titles to plot legends are easy to achieve in HG1 (R2014a or earlier), but much more difficult in HG2 (R2014b or newer).
Infiniband networking can significantly improve PCT performance in Matlab parallelization and distributed computing.
Matlab chart legends are opaque be default but can be made semi- or fully transparent.
In HG2, some of the plot functionality is hidden in undocumented properties.
Both the Matlab compiler and the publish function have errors when parsing block-comments in Matlab m-code.
The export_fig utility enables publication-quality Matlab plotting output.
Matlab uicontrols’ CData property can be customized to provide background transparency.