- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (112)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (135)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (266)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (38)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (126)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (4 days 2 hours ago): Thanks for the comment Sebastian. It is a logical extension of the ActiveX idea, but you are of course correct that it should be made explicit, since using a uitable is a better...
- sebastian (4 days 3 hours ago): FWIW: Another possibility is to use an uitable, with its first column displaying the checkboxes (with logical column format) and the second column showing the non-editable list...
- Hoi Wong (4 days 16 hours ago): Thanks. I’ll try to figure out how to retroactively put the plotted figures into an uipanel. I’m not too used to it other than laying out a GUI. That’s why I...
- Yair Altman (4 days 17 hours ago): Alternatively, use ScreenCapture’s ability to specify a pixel position vector (second input arg) and use the figure’s size to determine the position vector’s...
- Yair Altman (4 days 17 hours ago): Of course it’s possible, it’s just that ScreenCapture doesn’t currently have this feature and I have no plans to add it in the near future. You’ll need...
- Hoi Wong (4 days 17 hours ago): Thanks for the reply. I have simple figures done by subplot() and plot() commands, so just pointing at one axes handle won’t work. Can you point me to a easy way to...
- Yair Altman (4 days 18 hours ago): Best thing is to have a top-level panel. If you don’t have it, try pointing ScreenCapture at the axes handle, but it may perhaps not be accurate because of the...
- Hoi Wong (4 days 18 hours ago): Thanks. Just did that. For simple figures done by plot(), do they have a top level panel handle? All the child objects are of the type ‘axes’.
- Yair Altman (4 days 18 hours ago): @Hoi – thanks. Please remember to add your feedback/vote to the FEX page. You can run ScreenCapture on the figure’s top-level panel handle, assuming you have such a...
- Hoi Wong (4 days 19 hours ago): With ScreenCapture utility, is there a way to capture a figure without the borders and toolbar, title, etc? This tool is awesome and super useful since TMW never managed to do...
- cw (4 days 19 hours ago): This is pretty much one of the most useful posts I’ve encountered in a very long time. Thank you !
- Sergey Kucheryavskiy (5 days 5 hours ago): Yes, now I see it as well: — problems with Children in TabPanel and some others. Actually it was the TabPanel I decided to use the GUI layout, otherwise I feel quite...
- Yair Altman (5 days 5 hours ago): @Dennis – I’m glad I helped. I’m a little disappointed that MathWorks support asks customers to upgrade to a new release (possibly costing extra money and...
- Yair Altman (5 days 5 hours ago): @Sergey – the GUI layout toolbox is incompatible with HG2 in several places, not just the one that you found. MathWorks is aware of this and I expect that they will update...
- Dennis (5 days 5 hours ago): Dear Yair, Thank you for solving my problem: I was experiencing very low frequency line updates on a windows 7 system running R2012b (32bit) and also on R2014a (64bit). I had a...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab117 relevant articles found:
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
A new utility enables to interactively explore Matlab function call timeline profiling.
Matlab bar charts can be customized in various nifty ways.
Matlab uipanels can be made transparent, for very useful effects.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing timer objects and spawning external processes.
Matlab button uicontrols can easily be highlighted by simply setting their Value property.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.