- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (47)
- GUI (122)
- Handle graphics (66)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (140)
- Listeners (18)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (295)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (115)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (148)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Brian (2 hours 8 minutes ago): Hello Yair, Thanks for all your work on this site. I’ve had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do a border-less button. I tried using both the null vector...
- Yair Altman (14 hours 14 minutes ago): @Brittney – the 3rd (optional) input parameter of the javacomponent function is the parent container handle. It can be the figure handle (default value: current figure or...
- Brittney Marimow (14 hours 37 minutes ago): Thank you for the GREAT post. One question, is there a way to place this spinner within a “Parent” box. I am working on a GUI that has 5 different boxes on a...
- Yair Altman (1 day 11 hours ago): @Vidya – the *CallbackData properties are automatically populated by Matlab whenever the corresponding *Callback is called, and then this callback-data is passed on to the...
- Karai (3 days 19 hours ago): Hi Yair, Is it possible to download Java source code for ExampleWindow? I would be very grateful if you could send me a link. Kind regards
- Vidya (4 days 12 hours ago): Hello Yair, I started using the Java sliders in Matlab yesterday and they work great (thanks for the texbook as well as the tutorials)! I do not have much experience with Java though,...
- Yair Altman (6 days 18 hours ago): You need to set the callbacks to update the text dynamically, of course. If you’d like me to help you debug your specific issue, contact me by email for a short consulting.
- Yair Altman (6 days 18 hours ago): http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/javacomponent#comment-802 47
- Christina (6 days 18 hours ago): How do you change the tick labels? I’m trying to use the JSlider for a time range and so I want the labels to be datestr(x,13) output of the times. Can’t seem to...
- CH (6 days 19 hours ago): If I use the following line set(handles.status,'String',cw Text); in the status box of my GUI, it does not show the updated outputs dynamically. I could see only first several lines...
- Yair Altman (6 days 20 hours ago): @CH – What exactly are you trying to set hh to?! what’s wrong with setting your status box directly to cwText?
- CH (6 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair, I have read your posting and answer for the command window output catching. I tried to use your method to send the command window outputs to the my own GUI. However, it...
- Fredrik (9 days 20 hours ago): Thanks, will try. Fredrik
- Yair Altman (9 days 21 hours ago): @Fredrik – you are using an old version of export_fig. Download and install the latest version.
- Fredrik (9 days 21 hours ago): Hi, I had great hopes to create a PDF file out of my uipanel using export_fig but when I pass the panel handle like this export_fig('myFileName.pdf','- pdf',myUIpanelHandle) I get...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab138 relevant articles found:
Matlab can be made to run much faster using some simple optimization techniques.
We can set semi- and fully-transparent colors in HG2 for multiple graphic objects, but making these settings stick is non-trivial.
Matlab’s new HG2 graphics engine includes many new undocumented events that could be used in various ways.
the behavior of Matlab’s copyobj function changed in R2014b (HG2), and callbacks are no longer copied.
Matlab’s dual internal serialization/deserialization functions can be used to create duplicates of any object.
Matlab’s view function returns an undocumented output transformation matrix.
MCOS property initialization has a documented but unexpected behavior that could cause many bugs in user code.
Titles to plot legends are easy to achieve in HG1 (R2014a or earlier), but much more difficult in HG2 (R2014b or newer).
Infiniband networking can significantly improve PCT performance in Matlab parallelization and distributed computing.
Matlab chart legends are opaque be default but can be made semi- or fully transparent.