- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Undocumented feature list
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 4
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 3
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 2
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 1
- Improving Simulink performance
- Undocumented button highlighting
- Assessing Java object size in Matlab
- Serializing/deserializing Matlab data
- MathWorks blogs facelift
- 2013 perspective & plans for 2014
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (40)
- GUI (107)
- Handle graphics (50)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (128)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (252)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (93)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Undocumented feature (118)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (8 hours 55 minutes ago): Followup article: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/animated-busy-spinning-ic on
- Roger (11 hours 35 minutes ago): What about the load function? Inside a function, I found that using assignin(‘base’, variables) is faster than using evalin(‘base’, load .mat containing the...
- Sarah (11 hours 52 minutes ago): In testing my GUIs on HG2, I’ve found a few things. I’ll post them each separately. Win7 Enterprise, 64 bit; Matlab R2014a inputdlg: Using the stock example code from the...
- Matt (1 day 5 hours ago): Another useful socket tool that enables communicating between two matlab processes is found in the file exchange at http://www.mathworks.com/matla bcentral/fileexchange/24524...
- Dani (5 days 19 hours ago): I also look forward to the day when Matlab will provide 2D graphics that one can proudly show to somebody else, 3D graphics that that at least go in the same direction as what we have...
- Robert Cumming (6 days 12 hours ago): Yaroslav, Thank you for your comment – and indeed you are correct the solution above is a bit of a “sledge hammer” approach. The point you make was...
- Yaroslav (7 days 7 hours ago): Robert, It is always a great deal of vexation, when some GUI components (UI-context-menus) are not associated to their natural object (plot/axes/etc.), which leads to confusion,...
- Yair Altman (8 days 6 hours ago): @Jun Lee – oh, the vagaries of EDT in Matlab – an endless source of fun and challenge in Matlab GUIs…
- Jun Lee (8 days 7 hours ago): Thanks. obj.tabGroupH = uitabgroup('parent',obj.backgr ound_panel,'units','pixels','p osition', tabPos); obj.tabGroupJ = getappdata(handle(obj.tabGroup H),'JTabbedPane'); ......
- Yair Altman (8 days 7 hours ago): @Magpie – I don’t have a Mac, I’m afraid I can’t help you.
- Malcolm Lidierth (8 days 8 hours ago): It looks as though you may not be calling removeTabAt on the EDT. Try obj.tabGroupJ=javaObjectEDT(ob j.tabGroupJ); before your existing code.
- Jun Lee (8 days 8 hours ago): I think, when I remove tab by using ‘removeTabAt’ function, children of uitabgroup are not decreased, still the same as before removing a tab. But, if I check java...
- Magpie (8 days 12 hours ago): Hi, I would like to access the axis canvas handle in matlab figure. I use the following code to do it: hFig=figure; [javaAxisCanvas, javaContainer] = javacomponent('com.mathwork...
- Jonathan Schulte (8 days 18 hours ago): Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0″ java.lang.NullPointerException at ColoredFieldCellRenderer.getTa bleCellRendererComponent(Co...
- Jun Lee (9 days 7 hours ago): Hello Mr. Altman, I’m tying to use uitab and uitabgroup. In my program, I add and remove tabs like this. obj.tabGroupJ.removeTabAt(pp-1 ); obj.tabGroupJ.validate();...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab114 relevant articles found:
Matlab uipanels can be made transparent, for very useful effects.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing timer objects and spawning external processes.
Matlab button uicontrols can easily be highlighted by simply setting their Value property.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.
Handle object property access (get/set) performance can be significantly improved using dot-notation.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
Matlab includes some numerical gotchas that we should be careful to avoid…