- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Undocumented feature list
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 4
- Desktop (33)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (42)
- GUI (109)
- Handle graphics (51)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (260)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (95)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (124)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (2 hours 28 minutes ago): Thanks for letting me know about this. I can see how this might indeed be seen in that light and so I have removed the relevant phrases.
- TheBlackCat (18 hours 11 minutes ago): I would like to apologize. I am sure you are trying your best to give the best advice possible to us and your clients. I do think those paragraphs are easy to misunderstand and...
- TheBlackCat (19 hours 48 minutes ago): Fair enough. However, from those two paragraphs, you seem to put a lot of focus on what would benefit you. I hope you can see how that sort of thing could give the wrong...
- Masoud (1 day 13 hours ago): Hi how can i define callback to each mode?
- Yair Altman (1 day 14 hours ago): Ouch, that hurt. It’s a pity that after so many years, you underestimate me so much. My client could not modify the legacy system. The options were either to keep that...
- Amro (1 day 14 hours ago): All of these restrictions are on the MATLAB side, the underlying MEX API actually does not impose such limitations. I implemented a MEX-function “my_setfield.cpp” to...
- TheBlackCat (1 day 14 hours ago): Shouldn’t you be advising them to use the solution that best suits their needs? Sometimes that isn’t Matlab. If I was hiring a consultant that is what I would want...
- Yair Altman (1 day 16 hours ago): @Gil – I don’t understand the problem: fpath = which('myFilename'); fid = fopen(fpath, 'rt'); % parse the file using fread etc. fclose(fid);
- gil_rafalovich (1 day 17 hours ago): hi Yair is there a way to open a function and then save the function as text or load it as a text in order to make some analysis over the function (like counting how much...
- Jack Rayman (2 days 17 hours ago): Hi. I’m using your code like this in Matlab r2014a in windows 8.1 First I got a java exception so I used this: t=java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultT oolkit();...
- David (3 days 11 hours ago): I’m sorry but this is just terrible. Why on earth did you develop such a hack? Your time would have been far better spent sorting out their mess like Seb suggested. Now they...
- Yair Altman (3 days 22 hours ago): @Kai – I don’t know of a way to bypass javacomponent. It’s an m-file so you could theoretically drill down into lower-level functionality, but I doubt the end...
- Yair Altman (3 days 22 hours ago): @Oliver – Matlab does not include the Boost header files, but it is easy to view the documentation and download the relevant files from the Boost website. Be careful to...
- Yair Altman (3 days 22 hours ago): @Shannon – I’m not aware of a way to do this. You will probably need to create your own dialog window for this. It shouldn’t be too difficult, it’s just a few simple...
- Yair Altman (3 days 22 hours ago): @Liam – I’m not aware of a way to do this.
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab117 relevant articles found:
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
A new utility enables to interactively explore Matlab function call timeline profiling.
Matlab bar charts can be customized in various nifty ways.
Matlab uipanels can be made transparent, for very useful effects.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing timer objects and spawning external processes.
Matlab button uicontrols can easily be highlighted by simply setting their Value property.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.