- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Bar plot customizations
- Plotly graphs in IPython Notebook
- Matlab callbacks for Java events in R2014a
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (110)
- Handle graphics (52)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (132)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (263)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (96)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (125)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- walderich (11 hours 9 minutes ago): Thanks a lot for the “EngineInterface” feature. But in my case I had to set its value to 1001 to get it working. I tested this with Matlab versions R2010b-R2014a.
- Bill Doss (6 days 2 hours ago): @Yair … I’ll try that approach. Thanks again. Bill
- Greg (6 days 8 hours ago): Thanks, this works well for my patch plots. Do you know if there is a similar command to smooth the edges of the patch itself such that if I turn off the lines of my patch the block...
- Mohsen (6 days 11 hours ago): Hi Yair, I’ve used findjobj to align the row headers in my uitable. The problem is when I try to change the dimension of my table it does not allow the new row names to be...
- Kesh (6 days 21 hours ago): I’m implementing a Matlab application with “dynamic” tabs (adding/deleting tabs with their own menu & toolbar items on the fly.) So, it just happened to be a...
- Yair Altman (6 days 22 hours ago): @Bill – Java sliders have different model values for the slider than Matlab. Since you have my book, look at page 418. You simply need to convert between the increment and...
- Yair Altman (6 days 22 hours ago): @Kesh – You could possibly trap the ComponentHierarchyChanged callback (or something similar) and then re-update the toolbar. But I really don’t see this as a major...
- Kesh (6 days 22 hours ago): Hey Yair, I just bumped into an aggravating issue with Java toolbar components (R2014a) which I don’t think has been brought up on this site. The problem: Java based toolbar...
- Bill Doss (7 days 2 hours ago): @Yair Thanks … I noticed some quirky behavior and I don’t know if it’s something I forgot to do or just what is going on. Using the following simple test: abc.m:...
- Yair Altman (7 days 4 hours ago): @Bill – it’s exactly like any other Matlab callback function. It accepts an object reference as first input arg, followed by an eventData object (that includes...
- Bill Doss (7 days 4 hours ago): What are the arguments passed into the ‘AdjustmentValueChangedC allback’ function? I saw them mentioned somewhere, here on this site or in your book, but I can’t...
- Bogi Magnussen (8 days 6 hours ago): I had this issue when showing figures in Matlab, it would hang for 5-10 seconds every time i display a new figure. Thanks for your recommendations, they worked for me as...
- Yair Altman (8 days 7 hours ago): or use try/catch
- Sergey (8 days 7 hours ago): Thank you very much, Yair. Apparently I need to read more about the HG2 and use “if-s” in my code for compatibility.
- Yair Altman (8 days 9 hours ago): @Sergey – To set all bar faces to the same color and alpha: hBar = bar(...); hBar.Face.ColorType = 'truecoloralpha'; % default is 'truecolor' without alpha...
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab117 relevant articles found:
Tab completions and property access can be customized for user-created Matlab classes.
A new utility enables to interactively explore Matlab function call timeline profiling.
Matlab bar charts can be customized in various nifty ways.
Matlab uipanels can be made transparent, for very useful effects.
Matlab uicontextmenus are not automatically deleted with their associated objects, leading to leaks and slow-downs.
A list of undocumented MATLAB features can be retrieved. Here’s how…
Matlab performance can be improved by employing timer objects and spawning external processes.
Matlab button uicontrols can easily be highlighted by simply setting their Value property.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.