- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Convolution performance
- I am hiring a Matlab programmer (Tel Aviv)
- Graphic sizing in Matlab R2015b
- Programmatic shortcuts manipulation – part 2
- Programmatic shortcuts manipulation – part 1
- Solving a Matlab MCOS bug
- Customizing contour plots
- Figure keypress modifiers
- Enabling user callbacks during zoom/pan
- Hyperlink text labels
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Desktop (37)
- Figure window (40)
- Guest bloggers (50)
- GUI (130)
- Handle graphics (71)
- Hidden property (36)
- Icons (7)
- Java (147)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (314)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (121)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Undocumented feature (162)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Miguel Secundino (9 hours 40 minutes ago): This discussion is the only place that I found with some relation with my question: Could be possible minimize the Simulink editor window from Matlab? I have spended a lot...
- Yair Altman (5 days 10 hours ago): @Ale – First, did you really expect some undocumented functionality that I wrote about back in 2009 to continue working in 2015 ?! Be realistic! Secondly, it turns out...
- Krishnan (5 days 19 hours ago): Yair, I think I have a method of adding and removing from static class path, but I am unable to make it stick on subsequent restarts of Matlab. The idea is to use...
- Yair Altman (5 days 23 hours ago): @Chuck – don’t delete the component, but rather its Matlab container. This will work in both R2013b and R2015b: [jc,hc] = javacomponent(label,...); ... delete(hc)
- Yair Altman (6 days 21 hours ago): no Alex
- Alex Poulsen (7 days 3 hours ago): Would italicized text be possible?
- Yair Altman (8 days 21 hours ago): The code that is launched by the button callback runs on a separate thread so waitfor simply blocks execution of that thread, and other callbacks can still process. This is...
- Johan (9 days 6 hours ago): Hi Yair, I stumbled onto this page when trying to solve my conundrum. I’m trying to get ‘waitfor/uiwait’ to hold for a message box in a callback. I made a minimum...
- Yair Altman (10 days 15 hours ago): Yes of course. But since you neglected to come back here and update that you have found a solution, causing me and other readers extra effort to look for a solution, I thought...
- Carl Witthoft (11 days 16 hours ago): Yep, at least for me drawnow solved the problem. I was the OP for that SO question, btw
- Yair Altman (11 days 20 hours ago): Cross-referenced solution (as for Fabian’s issue above, to add a call to drawnow): http://stackoverflow.com/a/350 70679/233829
- Carl Witthoft (12 days 13 hours ago): (sorry about directly emailing – I missed your warnings) Hi – re your column on assigning transparency to plot markers: I tried the code on a simple example and...
- Ale (12 days 14 hours ago): What about setting a keyboard shortcut for a custom shortcut? I have some shortcut that I use really often, but I have to click on them all the time… Ale
- Dan Dolan (14 days 2 hours ago): I’m also puzzled by this message. I can tweak resolution settings, but not precisely enough to actually calibrate this screen.
- Efraïm Salari (14 days 22 hours ago): Works perfect! Thanks for the help.
Tag Archives: Pure Matlab148 relevant articles found:
Matlab’s internal implementation of convolution can often be sped up significantly using the Convolution Theorem.
Matlab release R2015b’s new “DPI-aware” nature broke some important functionality. Here’s what can be done…
Matlab has a bug with handling multi-element class-access constructs. This post explains the problem and solution.
Contour labels, lines and fill patches can easily be customized in Matlab HG2.
The figure’s CurrentModifier property provides a simple and consistent way to retrieve keypress modifiers: alt-, control- and shift-clicks.
Matlab zoom, pan and rotate3d modes hijack the user’s figure callbacks, but this can be overridden.
It is easy and very useful to attach dynamic properties to Matlab graphics objects in run-time.
Using anonymous functions in Matlab callbacks can be very painful for performance. Today’s article explains how this can be avoided.
linkaxes has a built-in limitation, so using linkprop may sometimes be beneficial.
Matlab print events can be trapped by users to enable easy printout customization.