- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- Matlab training seminars – Zurich, 19-20 June 2017
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (161)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (352)
- Public presentation (5)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (130)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (186)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Sneha (18 hours 40 minutes ago): Hi Yair, This post is not relevant here but actually I have a doubt regarding one of your explained concepts and posted a query there but may you might have have missed it so can you...
- Sneha (19 hours 10 minutes ago): Hi, I am using MATLAB 2016 version
- Yair Altman (19 hours 13 minutes ago): You need to use findjobj, not findobj. Read the post (and the other articles on this blog) carefully.
- Sneha (19 hours 17 minutes ago): Hi Yair, Tried enlarging my image and added empty space on top of the image and this worked. Thank you for the help. I wanted to align my text and tried using the following lines...
- Yair Altman (23 hours 26 minutes ago): @Sneha – either enlarge your image by adding empty space at the top, or use Java by accessing the button’s underlying Java control and then calling...
- Sneha (23 hours 46 minutes ago): Hi Yair I added image to my push button using the CData property but was not able to set its position. The image added by me is positioned at the center of the button by default. Is...
- Yair Altman (1 day 1 hour ago): @Christian – you cannot place controls in axes, but you can place them inside panels and uitabs, not just figures.
- Cristian Jecu (1 day 9 hours ago): Hello, Very useful, thank you for sharing. I am using the gauges but only in individual figures within a more complex GUI. I made a workaround to update values that are...
- Yair Altman (1 day 21 hours ago): @Sneha – as I explained here, the menu needs to be opened once in order for its menu items to become visible.
- Sneha (1 day 21 hours ago): Hi Yair, The article is very helpful. I tried to execute the commands in a single m-file programatically but got an error. The error occurred was Java exception occurred:...
- Yair Altman (2 days 0 hours ago): Try it in R2017b
- OrO (2 days 4 hours ago): It helps a lot. Thank you ! Does it work in MATLAB Compiler ? I do not see a reason why it should not but I would like to have your confirmation.
- D Brien (2 days 8 hours ago): I am experimenting with this now. You need to change your java version to 1.8+, which requires setting the environment variable. It doesn’t appear that this breaks anything as...
- Sky Sartorius (5 days 8 hours ago): This is a post I have been waiting for, Yair. Thank you. I was spending too much time digging through the Matlab functionSignatures.json files to find examples similar to what...
- Yair Altman (5 days 14 hours ago): @Ronit – you can update the button’s CData property. Read the Matlab documentation for the uicontrol function for details/examples.
Tag Archives: schema.class8 relevant articles found:
Matlab’s standard plot data-tips can be customized to enable dragging, without being limitted to be adjacent to their data-point.
Java classes can easily be extended in Matlab, using pure Matlab code.
This article explains how to create and test custom UDD packages, classes and objects
UDD classes underlie many of Matlab’s handle-graphics objects and functionality. This article introduces these classes.
Matlab’s internal undocumented graphics.cursorbar object can be used to present dynamic data-tip cross-hairs
More information on Matlab’s new HG2 object-oriented handle-graphics system
The built-in uiundo function provides easy yet undocumented access to Matlab’s powerful undo/redo functionality. This article explains its usage.
I present two ways of checking undocumented hidden properties in Matlab Handle Graphics (HG) handles