- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- Matlab training seminars – Zurich, 19-20 June 2017
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Parsing XML strings
- Quirks with parfor vs. for
- Checking status of warning messages in MEX
- Password & spinner controls in Matlab GUI
- Sending email/text messages from Matlab
- Afterthoughts on implicit expansion
- Speeding up Matlab-JDBC SQL queries
- Desktop (41)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (40)
- Icons (7)
- Java (161)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (352)
- Public presentation (5)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (130)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (186)
- Undocumented function (36)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (7 hours 16 minutes ago): @Sneha – as I explained here, the menu needs to be opened once in order for its menu items to become visible.
- Sneha (7 hours 31 minutes ago): Hi Yair, The article is very helpful. I tried to execute the commands in a single m-file programatically but got an error. The error occurred was Java exception occurred:...
- Yair Altman (10 hours 12 minutes ago): Try it in R2017b
- OrO (14 hours 46 minutes ago): It helps a lot. Thank you ! Does it work in MATLAB Compiler ? I do not see a reason why it should not but I would like to have your confirmation.
- D Brien (18 hours 18 minutes ago): I am experimenting with this now. You need to change your java version to 1.8+, which requires setting the environment variable. It doesn’t appear that this breaks anything as...
- Sky Sartorius (3 days 18 hours ago): This is a post I have been waiting for, Yair. Thank you. I was spending too much time digging through the Matlab functionSignatures.json files to find examples similar to what...
- Yair Altman (4 days 0 hours ago): @Ronit – you can update the button’s CData property. Read the Matlab documentation for the uicontrol function for details/examples.
- Ronit (4 days 9 hours ago): Do you know a way to show images on push buttons via GUIDE? Thanks in advance!
- Brian (4 days 12 hours ago): Hey I know this is a rather old post, but I wanted to post my solution just in case anyone from the future has the same question. It turns out you can call back into Matlab via JMI to...
- Yair Altman (4 days 19 hours ago): @Anu – this sounds like a bug in your code. Errors are not supposed to happen.
- Yair Altman (4 days 19 hours ago): @Ricardo – I don’t quite understand what you need. In general, if you want to change the action of the slider then simply update its callback function: cbFunc =...
- Greg (6 days 23 hours ago): Thanks, Yair, this is awesome! One added detail that I discovered when implementing this feature this morning is where MATLAB expects the .json file and the appropriate syntax for...
- Yair Altman (7 days 0 hours ago): @Heiko – nice catch about the comments! Apparently functionSignatures.json is not a strictly-compliant JSON file, and undergoes some pre-processing by the Matlab engine.
- Heiko (7 days 1 hour ago): Very nice! I’ve been waiting for a feature like this since we offered our toolbox. Especially the possibility to let MatLab determine the choices is gold. Even though it seems...
- Yair Altman (11 days 22 hours ago): @Scott – nice idea! Thanks for sharing
Tag Archives: Toolbar11 relevant articles found:
Setting the figure toolbar’s background color can easily be done using just a tiny bit of Java magic powder. This article explains how.
The ScreenCapture utility uses purely-documented Matlab for capturing a screen region as an image from within Matlab.
Matlab’s undocumented uisplittool and uitogglesplittool are powerful toolbar controls – this article explains how to customize their behavior
Matlab’s undocumented uisplittool and uitogglesplittool are powerful controls that can easily be added to Matlab toolbars – this article explains how
The built-in uiundo function provides easy yet undocumented access to Matlab’s powerful undo/redo functionality. This article explains its usage.
Matlab’s built-in uicontrol function has a side-effect of removing the figure toolbar. This was undocumented until lately. This article describes the side-effect behavior and how to fix it.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.