- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (127)
- Handle graphics (69)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (145)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (305)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (118)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (155)
- Undocumented function (31)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 10 hours ago): If the window is not visible then this would be the expected result
- Jules-Florent EYA (1 day 13 hours ago): Yair, this is the code of my function : % buildStatusBarObject function this = buildStatusBarObject(this) jFrame = get(this.mainWindow,'JavaFrame '); if(isempty(jFrame))...
- Yair Altman (1 day 13 hours ago): thanks for reporting this Erich
- Erich Ritz (1 day 14 hours ago): Warning! MATLAB 2015b crashes when referencing class properties defined as scalar using this method, if those properties are also Constant properties. I reported this to The...
- Yair Altman (1 day 15 hours ago): this is probably because you have not ensured that the figure window is fully displayed when you reach that code line. Adding drawnow and pause(0.5) should solve this:...
- Jules-Florent EYA (1 day 17 hours ago): Unfortunately Yair, I tried the following code : try % This works up to R2011a jRootPane = jFrame.fFigureClient.getWindow ; catch try % This works from R2008b and up, up...
- Yair Altman (2 days 0 hours ago): @Mikhail – read my section on using a uicontrol – this is exactly what I did there.
- Mikhail (2 days 0 hours ago): Hey Yair, There is a listfonts command in MATLAB. I guess you can use its output to populate font selection dialog in your application.
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @Jules – see item #2 here: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/hg2-update#observations
- Jules-Florent EYA (2 days 14 hours ago): Thank you Mr. Altman for sharing with us the result of your research. I have an issue that I do not understand: In my code I use the two lines that you provided above :...
- Yair Altman (4 days 16 hours ago): @David – you will need to do this programmatically: this is typically handled by the window frame but without the frame it doesn’t happen automatically. So trap a...
- David M (5 days 13 hours ago): Hello Yair, Is it possible to grab and drag a ‘frameless’ figure without the title bar? I would like to click somewhere in the frameless figure area, and drag it around....
- Dani (7 days 22 hours ago): The keepAlpha of Fabian does a good job preventing Matlab to get rid of the transparency again when, e.g., legend is called. Is there a way to convince ‘legend’ to show the...
- Mollie (11 days 7 hours ago): Hi Yair, I recently updated to Matlab 2015a and thus updated my UISplitPane method in my program. I was using your previous UISplitPane method on Matlab 2012a and referenced a...
- Martin Afanasjew (12 days 19 hours ago): @Yair – there are probably many variants I haven’t tested. If I have a function used internally by a single class, then I fully agree with you. However, the exercise...
Tag Archives: Tooltip1 relevant articles found:
Multi-line tooltips are very easy to set up, once you know your way around a few undocumented hiccups.