- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (54)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (269)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (98)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (129)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (3 hours 25 minutes ago): As an alternative, try to improve the performance of your scatter plot by either plotting a vector of 100+ points (as odd as it may sound, scatter-plotting 80 points is slower...
- Yair Altman (3 hours 31 minutes ago): @Matthew – is your 14b using hardware OpenGL? some HG2 performance issues are due to the fact that it uses more advanced OpenGL features than HG1, so what used to run at...
- Matthew Dzieciuch (3 hours 41 minutes ago): I would like to add my voice to the disappointment with HG2. Although it may be great from a programming perspective, it is significantly slower for me. Specifically, the...
- Yair Altman (2 days 1 hour ago): @Jan – Thanks for the mention of Tursa’s TYPECASTX. I am of course familiar with it (and mention it in my upcoming book). Tursa’s TYPECASTX is indeed better...
- Jan Simon (2 days 2 hours ago): James Tursa’s MEX implementation of TYPECASTX uses a shared data copy instead of a deep copy, which is much faster than the original Matlab version:...
- Yair Altman (2 days 7 hours ago): @IA – Probably because the figure window is not fully rendered when the jFrame code is reached. This is due to the fact that in R2014b, the figure function no longer...
- ImageAnalyst (3 days 6 hours ago): Here’s my code: % Enlarge figure to full screen. jFrame = get(handle(gcf),'JavaFrame'); set(gcf,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch...
- Ilya (3 days 9 hours ago): @Yair – thank you for keeping things updated, it really helps to keep the code running
- Yair Altman (3 days 16 hours ago): Thanks Oleg – fixed.
- Oleg Komarov (3 days 23 hours ago): After setting the secondary label to ‘millions’, you forgot to put: hAxes.YRuler.SecondaryLabel.Vi sible = 'on'
- Yair Altman (4 days 7 hours ago): @Ilya – I described this over a year ago, in my HG2 update article.
- Ilya (4 days 8 hours ago): ohh, the name has been changed to fHG2Client, why and when???? the following code should be used jMenuBar = jFrame.fHG2Client.getMenuBar;
- Ilya (4 days 8 hours ago): Hi Yair, the great code indeed, it worked perfectly fine, but in R2014b it does not work any more. hFig = figure; jFrame = get(handle(hFig),'JavaFrame'); % gives warning % Warning:...
- Ralf Hielscher (4 days 11 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for your comments. One thing that drives me around with HG2 is the fact that colorbar is not an axis anymore. As a consequence we can not do anymore h =...
- Brad Stiritz (4 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks for the very informative HG2 series. >MATLAB HG2, on R2014b, relies on advanced OpenGL hardware features.. For convenient reference: it looks like OpenGL 3.0...
Tag Archives: Tooltip1 relevant articles found:
Multi-line tooltips are very easy to set up, once you know your way around a few undocumented hiccups.