- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (58)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (273)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (102)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (133)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (6 hours 32 minutes ago): @Christopher – this is because the flat header is used by the new (R2008a+) uitable, whereas the gradient-colored header is used by the “old” uitable...
- Yair Altman (6 hours 38 minutes ago): A lot of things broke in R2014b due to the replacement of the graphics engine in this release (HG2). There’s probably a new way to do the same functionality in HG2, but I...
- HongKee Yoon (16 hours 2 minutes ago): @ 2014b this dose not works. Is there any solution to this??
- Christopher (20 hours 28 minutes ago): In the: Creating multi-line headers section, you have two examples, the first having the flat default matlab tan color on the headers,.. the other has a ’rounded’...
- Paul (1 day 8 hours ago): Thanks, this is useful — setting an alpha component is a better way to visualise density than applying jitter.
- Yair Altman (4 days 0 hours ago): @Gang – there’s a BaseValue property (value=0), but changing it apparently has no effect (at least in R2014b). Maybe this will be fixed in future Matlab releases. Re...
- Yair Altman (4 days 2 hours ago): @Kris – I already answered this above. jFrame = get(handle(hFig), 'JavaFrame'); jFrame.fHG2Client.getWindow.se tEnabled(flag);
- Kris Janssen (4 days 2 hours ago): Hello Yair, I recently took Matlab 2014b for a spin and browsing the Matlab Jar files I found that most of the stuff in com.mathworks.hg.peer is now private or protected....
- Yaroslav (4 days 23 hours ago): That’s absolutely splendid, @Yair! All those years I used a 2×N mesh in order to make a gradient plot, and it turns out to be so simple in HG2. Keep up the good work!
- Jveer (5 days 7 hours ago): @Yair Thanks for the suggestion but ‘drawnow; pause(0.2);’ didn’t work. I did figure it out though. It turns out findobj is creating 6 handles instead of 1...
- Yair Altman (5 days 22 hours ago): @Paul – I plan to cover Marker customizations (including transparency) in next week’s post. Stay tuned
- Paul (6 days 23 hours ago): Have you managed to get the same working for markers? I can’t set the alpha component for MarkerFaceColor, and setting it for Color doesn’t even affect the marker edge: >>...
- Yair Altman (7 days 3 hours ago): @JVeer – it works for me on R2014b (Win7 x64) in the command prompt… I suspect that either your editbox or its containing figure is hidden (in which case findjobj...
- Jveer (7 days 3 hours ago): Hi Yair This functionality seems to break down in R2104b. (I’m using the latest findjobj btw). No appropriate method, property, or field getViewport for class handle.handle....
- Sebastian (8 days 2 hours ago): Yair, thanks for your reply. I’ve tried with your fanstastic uiinspect() function but I was not able to find anything interesting. What I mean is, imagine you have the...
Tag Archives: Tooltip1 relevant articles found:
Multi-line tooltips are very easy to set up, once you know your way around a few undocumented hiccups.