- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (47)
- GUI (120)
- Handle graphics (65)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (139)
- Listeners (18)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (292)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (114)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (146)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Richard de Garis (5 hours 13 minutes ago): Ahh, I understand now. Thanks, Yair, for explaining and for adding the workaround to the code.
- Yair Altman (8 hours 37 minutes ago): I’ve just committed a fix that would only unbold text labels on EPS/PDF, and only if they actually contain symbols (\beta etc.). Matlab has an internal bug on R2014b that...
- Yaroslav (13 hours 6 minutes ago): @Yair — let’s examine a minimal working example: ax=axes('NextPlot','add'); addlistener(ax,'Hit',@(obj,evd )plot(evd.IntersectionPoint(1) ,evd.IntersectionPoint(2),'...
- Yair Altman (13 hours 36 minutes ago): @Yaroslav – thanks. It would be useful to hear how and why you’ve used the Hit event.
- Will (13 hours 37 minutes ago): Note that unlike with the previous update() method, setting the value of hDatatip.Cursor.Position only triggers the UpdateFcn() callback if the value is not equal to the current...
- Yaroslav (13 hours 41 minutes ago): The HG2 axes events became hidden in version R2015a. In my R2014b they are visible: >> events(gca) Events for class matlab.graphics.axis.Axes: LocationChanged SizeChanged ClaReset...
- Will (1 day 1 hour ago): In HG2, the data tip object has Cursor property, which itself has a Position property. Setting this property to a new location updates the position of the data tip, i.e.:...
- Noam Greenboim (1 day 6 hours ago): Thanks for posting this, I have the same issue every now and then.
- Yair Altman (4 days 4 hours ago): @Christian – apparently you are not accessing the tab-group handle but a plain graphics surface handle. Follow the instructions in my blog to get the correct Java tabgroup...
- Christian T (6 days 4 hours ago): Hello Yair, when i’m trying to use your example for uitab close buttons, i always get the Error Message: No appropriate method, property, or field setTabComponentAt for...
- Richard de Garis (7 days 6 hours ago): Hi Yair, What is the issue (#21) with bold TeX axes labels / titles, in 2014b? I’m using 2014b, and I commented out the section that sets the FontWeight of texLabels to...
- Yair Altman (8 days 6 hours ago): Not directly, but you could try using the low-level HDF5 functions for this.
- CaptainObv (8 days 6 hours ago): Is it possible to save matfiles without creating the initial variable at the beginning? I am continually adding output data to my matfile block by block (I.e continually...
- Yair Altman (11 days 13 hours ago): MathWorks removed the UserData property (and some other generic properties such as ApplicationData) from Java components a few releases ago. In general, code that relies on...
- Amir (11 days 13 hours ago): Hello Yair, First your blog is really useful and helpful. I’m working on a GUI that contain a uitree, now I wanted to export that uitree to enable user to save it to an external...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.