- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (37)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (124)
- Handle graphics (67)
- Hidden property (35)
- Icons (7)
- Java (141)
- Listeners (19)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (299)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (116)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (150)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- nasan (7 hours 56 minutes ago): Hi Yair, I’ve seen the demo but when I adapt it into my gui code gcbf is not recognize. How can I resolve it ? Can you give me a simply implementation in gui
- Michael Cappello (2 days 13 hours ago): Yair (or anyone), I have an application where I need to color the bars individually, and have tried to figure out how to get the handles of the underlying patches or...
- Sathish (2 days 14 hours ago): Sorry to bother before reading the above comments properly. Just adding h = handle(evt,'CallbackProperties '); worked like a charm >> h = handle(evt,'CallbackProperties '); >>...
- Sathish (2 days 14 hours ago): Hi, Thanks for the life saving tutorial. I tried to follow the steps mentioned above but when i say evt.get am getting below response. evt.get Class: [1x1 java.lang.Class] set(evt)...
- Todrak (3 days 3 hours ago): Thanks to both of you, Oliver and Yair for this interesting post. Yair, I am glad to know that you will maintain this helpful tool! The rest of your blog is also really...
- Yaroslav (3 days 15 hours ago): Hi @Yair, The solution you proposed with linkprop has a small issue: it does not restore the linking after saving and reloading. On the other hand, linkaxes recovers its linking...
- Yair Altman (3 days 20 hours ago): To store a Matlab class object in a Java collection, you would need to first serialize the object into a byte array that can then be stored in the Java collection object (and...
- Yola (3 days 20 hours ago): Can you please write something on how i can use java collections with user-defined types. How i can provide comparator for my type. Thanks!
- Vidya (4 days 13 hours ago): @Yair – Yes, you are correct. Just figured out how.
- Yair Altman (5 days 9 hours ago): @Vidya – you really need to learn how to use Matlab callbacks. Instead of calling disp to output the latest slider value to the console, you can set the callback to any...
- Vidya (5 days 12 hours ago): @Yair “do you plan for your GUI users to interactively drag the entire slider control within your GUI???” Sort of. I would like to save the (final) value of the slider...
- Asaf B (6 days 7 hours ago): thank you
- Armindo (6 days 11 hours ago): Thank you for the help. I think that I can solve the problem if I can converte the x coordenate obtained thru the get(gca’CurrentPointR 17;) to the slider scale. There is a...
- Yair Altman (6 days 12 hours ago): @Miguel – simply set your handles.a button’s String property value to labelStr
- MB (6 days 15 hours ago): How can you implement this feature into an uicontrol? I use the GUI Layout Toolbox and this is the code: labelStr = '∀β bold label'; jLabel = javaObjectEDT('javax.swing....
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.