- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- AppDesigner’s mlapp file format
- Customizing axes part 5 – origin crossover and labels
- Customizing uifigures part 1
- Listbox selection hacks
- A few parfor tips
- Handling red Java console errors
- MEX ctrl-c interrupt
- Figure window customizations
- rmfield performance
- Viewing saved profiling results
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Desktop (39)
- Figure window (43)
- Guest bloggers (54)
- GUI (138)
- Handle graphics (74)
- Hidden property (39)
- Icons (7)
- Java (155)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (11)
- Presumed future risk (334)
- Public presentation (3)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (32)
- Stock Matlab function (124)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (45)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (174)
- Undocumented function (33)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (38 minutes 27 seconds ago): @Ed – assuming your static constants are public (which they must be, otherwise you cannot use them in Matlab), you can simply use the classname: myField =...
- Edward Maros (56 minutes 45 seconds ago): I have enjoyed this series and have found it to be very useful as I am creating a MATLAB wrapping of my java classes. The one question that I have concerns constants. My java...
- Karel Lebeda (1 day 1 hour ago): In my opinion, the difference between creating the gradient using patch is the following: – Patch uses the actual (Euclidean) distances for the interpolation....
- Yair Altman (3 days 0 hours ago): @Meade – You can use an HTML string such as this: pxPos = getpixelposition(hButton); hButton.String = ['text']; % button margins use 20px A better solution is to use the...
- Maxandre (3 days 3 hours ago): I would like to add that if you want to have the tooltip string displayed for the maximum amount of time (i.e. disappear in a very long time), do: tm = javax.swing.ToolTipManager...
- Maxandre (3 days 3 hours ago): Thank you very much for this tip on how to modify the tooltip timeout on matlab ! It help me a lot for my GUI.
- Richard (4 days 3 hours ago): It took me a while to realize that Java sliders only support integer values. You note that in one of the replies to a comment, but it would be very helpful to put that significant...
- vince (5 days 9 hours ago): Is it possible to fade a cluster of points held in two arrays x,y? h = plot(x,y,'.g') h.Color(4) = 0.5?
- Meade (7 days 1 hour ago): Is it possible to change the horizontal & vertical alignment of the pushbutton string with CSS tags? I see that most directives work, but I don’t see any effect from:...
- Oleg Shebanits (7 days 8 hours ago): This is brilliant! Thank you so much! Works in R2016a and much simpler than making functions etc.
- Yair Altman (8 days 22 hours ago): Thanks for this – I believe that a guest post about your experience with customizing uifigures using CSS would be highly appreciated by readers. Care to give it a shot?...
- Dev-iL (8 days 22 hours ago): I’d like to point out one of the things we found while making the tool that Sam had mentioned: .mlapp -> .m conversion can very easily be done using the built-in function...
- Yair Altman (8 days 22 hours ago): @Frank – set(0,'defaultAxesYAxisLocatio n','origin') (you forgot the “Axes” part in ‘defaultAxesYAxisLocatio n’)
- Sam (8 days 23 hours ago): Forgot the GH link: https://github.com/StackOverfl owMATLABchat/mlapp2classdef
- Sam (9 days 0 hours ago): Though not quite the same as what you’re envisioning, there’s a proof of concept implementation of *.mlapp -> *.m classdef on FEX (http://www.mathworks.com/m...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.