- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (44)
- GUI (115)
- Handle graphics (58)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (276)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (104)
- Toolbox (3)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (135)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Robin Lundberg (1 day 2 hours ago): Trying this in matlab 2014b still opens the gui (sometimes). When you load a gui you get >>figData = load('guiPostProcessing.fig', '-mat') figData = hgS_070000: [1x1 struct]...
- Yair Altman (1 day 4 hours ago): By using findjobj and the table’s setValueAt() method. The specifics depend on your Matlab release. Read my uitable customization report or section 4.1 in my Matlab-Java...
- Peter Borda (1 day 4 hours ago): “By updating the cell at the Java level rather than updating the uitable’s Data property” How do you do that?
- David (2 days 15 hours ago): Hi Yair, I just sent a previous message about merging cells in a uitable, but I finally figured it out thanks to your book. What I am still having trouble with is removing the headers...
- David (2 days 16 hours ago): Hi Yair, thank you for all the usefull information you have provided over the years. I have been playing around with making nice tables, and I am very interested in merging cells to...
- Ed Yu (2 days 20 hours ago): Hi all, I’ve recently came across a MATLAB bug that completely blew my mind (for over a year)… Imagine you have an MCR application that executes for the first time, fails...
- Yair Altman (3 days 9 hours ago): @Peto – this is not the right forum for such questions. Try the Answers forum.
- Peto (3 days 13 hours ago): Can you help me!!! I want use “tic/toc” or “etime clock” for this code but I don’t know how I make exactly. [very long code snip...] I will appreciate if...
- Martin (6 days 7 hours ago): Very good and insightful comments here. Personally, I feel that nowadays the most sensible text encoding is UTF-8 and I wish it would become the default in MATLAB sooner rather than...
- Amro (6 days 8 hours ago): @SteveEddins: Thanks for the response Steve. I took another shot at the problem, and I’ve managed to work with code points outside the BMP plane this time (i.e U+010000 to...
- Yair Altman (6 days 18 hours ago): @Amro – where have you been all these years?! – this would have deserved a dedicated post… Anything else you’re keeping up your sleeve?
- Steve Eddins (6 days 21 hours ago): MATLAB uses UTF-16 internally for character representation. Some parts of MATLAB don’t know yet what to do with code points about 65535.
- Amro (7 days 8 hours ago): @Yair: you can also make it work in R2014a and earlier, you just have to change the default character set (undocumented of course!): % works in R2014a feature('DefaultCharacterSe...
- Yair Altman (7 days 8 hours ago): @Amro – you’re right, my bad: I was working on 14a this morning, where uicontrols indeed do not display the non-Latin text without the Java hack. It works correctly...
- Amro (7 days 8 hours ago): @Yair: Are you sure about UICONTROL? I’ve tried it again in R2014b, and the control displays Hebrew text correctly without any hacks. I’m running Windows 8.1 if that makes...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.