- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Transparent labels
- Setting class property types – take 2
- Smart listbox & editbox scrollbars
- Faster findjobj
- Adding a search box to figure toolbar
- Upcoming public Matlab presentations
- Secure SSL connection between Matlab and PostgreSQL
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- Munich Germany visit, 9-11 May 2016
- Better MEX error messages
- Simple GUI Tabs for Advanced Matlab Trading App
- Quirks with compiled Matlab DLLs
- Convolution performance
- I am hiring a Matlab programmer (Tel Aviv)
- Graphic sizing in Matlab R2015b
- Desktop (37)
- Figure window (41)
- Guest bloggers (53)
- GUI (135)
- Handle graphics (72)
- Hidden property (37)
- Icons (7)
- Java (152)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (10)
- Presumed future risk (324)
- Public presentation (2)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (121)
- Toolbox (5)
- UI controls (44)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Undocumented feature (168)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (46 minutes 52 seconds ago): Follow-up: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/transparent-labels
- Simon (1 hour 21 minutes ago): Matlab typing in general isn’t great. Try this; inceptDate datetime = datetime(,,); % The period start date as datetime Then set it like to the string – '1-Jan-2010'...
- Adam Gogacz (3 hours 44 minutes ago): I agree with your point. I can think of many simple solutions to type-specification without breaking users’ code all the while sticking to the convention of having the...
- Adam Gogacz (1 day 0 hours ago): @Yair I just checked that “augmentedmatlab.comR 21; domain name is still available
- Adam (1 day 1 hour ago): Thanks, this is certainly interesting. More so for me because I somehow missed your previous post from 3 years ago and knew nothing about the undocumented syntax (or the new documented...
- Yair Altman (1 day 2 hours ago): @Adam – if TMW linked to my blog it wouldn’t be “undocumented” Matlab any longer, would it?
- Adam Gogacz (1 day 3 hours ago): @mySelf The answer is here (http://undocumentedmatlab.com /blog/uicontrol-callbacks#memo ry_leak) thanks for that post. BTW, I wish Mathworks linked to your articles :). Thanks...
- Adam Gogacz (1 day 4 hours ago): Hi, Yair, can you comment on the memory leakage associated with using “set” on Java objects( http://www.mathworks.com/help/ matlab/ref/set.html )? I frequently use...
- Yair Altman (2 days 18 hours ago): @Egon – surely you are not equating the importance of Pascal (which I love, don’t get me wrong) et al, with that of C/C++/C#/Java. By whichever measure that you...
- Egon (3 days 4 hours ago): Cross compatibility – it is very confusing to users coming to Matlab from other programming languages, all of which (without any important exception) place the type name to the LEFT of...
- nirvana-msu (3 days 21 hours ago): True, we add java peers and not uicontrol handles themselves, but at the end of the day it does allow us to effectively manage the layout of arbitrary uicontrols (and java...
- Yair Altman (3 days 23 hours ago): @nirvana – this is correct, but what you are essentially doing is adding a Java component to a Java container – you are not adding the Matlab uicontrol. In this...
- Yair Altman (3 days 23 hours ago): @ruthvik – try to use either the export_fig or ScreenCapture utilities
- Yair Altman (3 days 23 hours ago): @YishaiE – inputParser is simply a function that checks the validity inputs. It is essentially no different than using other programmatic solutions such as assert or isa()...
- Ulrik (4 days 23 hours ago): Just a warning: The @ for properties only works well for built-in objects in the older versions of Matlab. If you use the @ for custom classes you can crash Matlab if the path to the...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.