- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (152)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (170)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (376)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (202)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (7 hours 10 minutes ago): Veena – After you execute the undo function, of course the undo stack will be empty because the undo command was already executed.
- Veena Gujjar (7 hours 42 minutes ago): Hello Yair, Can you please help me. I am using matlab 2017b. I am using uiundo function for undo and redo feature. when the debugger is inside the uiundo function i can see...
- Yair Altman (18 hours 30 minutes ago): @Medi – I am not sure what you mean. I discussed a slider that has several knobs (“range slider”) here: https://undocumentedmatlab....
- medi (18 hours 43 minutes ago): how can i plot many data with slider in Gui?
- Yair Altman (2 days 8 hours ago): @Peter – while the legend object’s ItemHitFcn callback property is documented/supported, the Item property of the eventData object (which is passed to the callback...
- Peter Cook (3 days 0 hours ago): I have recently incorporated the Legend’s ItemHitFcn callback property into a utility I built. You can access and edit some relevant objects in the callback function, e.g....
- Yair Altman (5 days 1 hour ago): @Rik – in a vast number of real-life use-cases, we already know in advance that either a or b or both are already sorted, and in this case ismembc is still faster than...
- Rik Wisselink (5 days 3 hours ago): I’m sorry, I edited my code after I already pasted the code here and forgot to update the code along with the output. The remarks in the posted text still stand though....
- Yair Altman (5 days 22 hours ago): @Rik – your outputs don’t correspond to your code, so they do not make any sense. Moreover, instead of reporting 3 separate timing instances, it would be better to...
- Rik Wisselink (5 days 22 hours ago): @Yair, unfortunately, that is the same sample data as you use in your article. If you include the sort, ismembc becomes much slower to use. Interestingly, ismember on the...
- sco1 (7 days 14 hours ago): Very interesting! I never explored NodeChildren when I was building legtools and was using PlotChildren instead to do things like rearrange the legend, add/remove entries, etc. Have...
- Yair Altman (14 days 4 hours ago): @Zoltan – R2015b is 6 releases older than the latest Matlab release, so surely this is no surprise. New functions are being added to Matlab with each new release. If you...
- Zoltan Csati (14 days 4 hours ago): In R2015b I only see the *+app*, the and the *+plot* packages inside the *+controllib* package, no *widget*.
- Gelth (14 days 6 hours ago): @Yair, 1) Just precision : I just try the command controllib.internal.util.hStri ng2Char(“”) (with matlab 2017b) and the result was 0×0 empty char array, not ”. By...
- Ondrej (16 days 5 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am trying to plot a line with a gradient which would be “perpendicular” to the line. For example: N = 10; p = plot(1:N, ones(1, N), ‘Linewidth’,...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.