- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- savezip utility
- Inter-Matlab data transfer with memcached
- Property value change listeners
- Online (web-based) Matlab
- Class object tab completion & improper field names
- Using pure Java GUI in deployed Matlab apps
- USA visit, 22-31 July 2014
- Java class access pitfalls
- Function call timeline profiling
- Desktop (34)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (43)
- GUI (113)
- Handle graphics (54)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (269)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (98)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (39)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Undocumented feature (129)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Matt S (3 hours 13 minutes ago): Hi, I am trying to create a simple UDD class similar to this. The class is the same as simple.object with simple.object being a subclass of uipanel. I am trying to include a...
- Dan (7 hours 48 minutes ago): Thanks, I will check it out!
- Yair Altman (8 hours 36 minutes ago): @Dan – try Michelle Hirsch’s dualcursor utility. She’s the Matlab product manager at MathWorks, by the way.
- Dan (12 hours 30 minutes ago): Hello Yair, i’ve been using this feature for a while now, thanks again for pointing it out. I think this feature has eventually been removed with the 2014b release (At least i can...
- Yair Altman (1 day 4 hours ago): As an alternative, try to improve the performance of your scatter plot by either plotting a vector of 100+ points (as odd as it may sound, scatter-plotting 80 points is slower...
- Yair Altman (1 day 4 hours ago): @Matthew – is your 14b using hardware OpenGL? some HG2 performance issues are due to the fact that it uses more advanced OpenGL features than HG1, so what used to run at...
- Matthew Dzieciuch (1 day 4 hours ago): I would like to add my voice to the disappointment with HG2. Although it may be great from a programming perspective, it is significantly slower for me. Specifically, the...
- Yair Altman (3 days 2 hours ago): @Jan – Thanks for the mention of Tursa’s TYPECASTX. I am of course familiar with it (and mention it in my upcoming book). Tursa’s TYPECASTX is indeed better...
- Jan Simon (3 days 3 hours ago): James Tursa’s MEX implementation of TYPECASTX uses a shared data copy instead of a deep copy, which is much faster than the original Matlab version:...
- Yair Altman (3 days 8 hours ago): @IA – Probably because the figure window is not fully rendered when the jFrame code is reached. This is due to the fact that in R2014b, the figure function no longer...
- ImageAnalyst (4 days 7 hours ago): Here’s my code: % Enlarge figure to full screen. jFrame = get(handle(gcf),'JavaFrame'); set(gcf,'Resize','off'); try jFrame.fHG1Client.setMaximized (true); % HG1 catch...
- Ilya (4 days 10 hours ago): @Yair – thank you for keeping things updated, it really helps to keep the code running
- Yair Altman (4 days 17 hours ago): Thanks Oleg – fixed.
- Oleg Komarov (5 days 0 hours ago): After setting the secondary label to ‘millions’, you forgot to put: hAxes.YRuler.SecondaryLabel.Vi sible = 'on'
- Yair Altman (5 days 7 hours ago): @Ilya – I described this over a year ago, in my HG2 update article.
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.