- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Convolution performance
- I am hiring a Matlab programmer (Tel Aviv)
- Graphic sizing in Matlab R2015b
- Programmatic shortcuts manipulation – part 2
- Programmatic shortcuts manipulation – part 1
- Solving a Matlab MCOS bug
- Customizing contour plots
- Figure keypress modifiers
- Enabling user callbacks during zoom/pan
- Hyperlink text labels
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Desktop (37)
- Figure window (40)
- Guest bloggers (50)
- GUI (130)
- Handle graphics (71)
- Hidden property (36)
- Icons (7)
- Java (147)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (314)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (121)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Undocumented feature (162)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (22 hours 7 minutes ago): @Ale – First, did you really expect some undocumented functionality that I wrote about back in 2009 to continue working in 2015 ?! Be realistic! Secondly, it turns out...
- Krishnan (1 day 6 hours ago): Yair, I think I have a method of adding and removing from static class path, but I am unable to make it stick on subsequent restarts of Matlab. The idea is to use...
- Yair Altman (1 day 10 hours ago): @Chuck – don’t delete the component, but rather its Matlab container. This will work in both R2013b and R2015b: [jc,hc] = javacomponent(label,...); ... delete(hc)
- Yair Altman (2 days 8 hours ago): no Alex
- Alex Poulsen (2 days 14 hours ago): Would italicized text be possible?
- Yair Altman (4 days 8 hours ago): The code that is launched by the button callback runs on a separate thread so waitfor simply blocks execution of that thread, and other callbacks can still process. This is...
- Johan (4 days 17 hours ago): Hi Yair, I stumbled onto this page when trying to solve my conundrum. I’m trying to get ‘waitfor/uiwait’ to hold for a message box in a callback. I made a minimum...
- Yair Altman (6 days 2 hours ago): Yes of course. But since you neglected to come back here and update that you have found a solution, causing me and other readers extra effort to look for a solution, I thought...
- Carl Witthoft (7 days 4 hours ago): Yep, at least for me drawnow solved the problem. I was the OP for that SO question, btw
- Yair Altman (7 days 7 hours ago): Cross-referenced solution (as for Fabian’s issue above, to add a call to drawnow): http://stackoverflow.com/a/350 70679/233829
- Carl Witthoft (8 days 0 hours ago): (sorry about directly emailing – I missed your warnings) Hi – re your column on assigning transparency to plot markers: I tried the code on a simple example and...
- Ale (8 days 1 hour ago): What about setting a keyboard shortcut for a custom shortcut? I have some shortcut that I use really often, but I have to click on them all the time… Ale
- Dan Dolan (9 days 14 hours ago): I’m also puzzled by this message. I can tweak resolution settings, but not precisely enough to actually calibrate this screen.
- Efraïm Salari (10 days 9 hours ago): Works perfect! Thanks for the help.
- Dan (10 days 14 hours ago): Looks like the property is still not modifiable in 2016a. The error message informs us to simply change the resolution in our OS. Right. >> set(0, 'ScreenPixelsPerInch',100); Warning:...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.