- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Plotly graphs
- sprintfc – undocumented helper function
- Performance: accessing handle properties
- Listbox layout customization
- Another Command Window text color hack
- Matlab numerical gotchas
- Draggable plot data-tips
- Using JIDE combo-boxes
- Editable combo-box
- Editbox data input validation
- Customizing editboxes
- Rich-contents log panel
- Variables Editor scrolling
- Function definition meta-info
- Allocation performance take 2
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (38)
- GUI (104)
- Handle graphics (47)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (124)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (5)
- Presumed future risk (236)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (91)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (35)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Undocumented feature (111)
- Undocumented function (26)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Joshua Kaplan keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Marie Kris (3 days 2 hours ago): I hope this hard coded hack will work out properly.
- Yair Altman (3 days 12 hours ago): @Jai – take a look at JMI: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/jmi-java-to-matlab-interf ace/
- Jai Naresh (3 days 12 hours ago): Hi, I am trying to launch matlab model and control its execution through Java Interface. Please let me know if their are any ways to do this. Any response will help. Thanks, jai...
- Salvatore (3 days 16 hours ago): Hello Yair I’d like to get back the whole path of a tree’s node in a structure following the classic way to display it: S.S1.S1(2).signal.sig while, with the code you...
- Matteo (8 days 11 hours ago): Hi Yair I tried to figure out how to do this, and with higher dimension cell arrays, when I was still a Matlab newbie. I was obviously ahead of myself, but with a ton of reading,...
- Thierry Dalon (8 days 17 hours ago): sorry and thank you Yair for the prompt reply. I was using JMenu.getItem instead of jMenu.getMenuComponent as you advised. It works as you advise.
- Yair Altman (8 days 18 hours ago): @Johannes – strange, this does not happen to me. Perhaps you have something special in your code, or maybe a specific configuration of Matlab release/platform which is...
- Yair Altman (8 days 19 hours ago): @Sih – I don’t know a direct way to disable double-clicks in listboxes, but in your callbacks you can easily test for that and ignore such events. For example:...
- Yair Altman (8 days 20 hours ago): @Yaroslav – ah! makes sense, also correlates with the num2str.m code. I’ve updated the main text accordingly. Thanks
- Yaroslav Don (8 days 20 hours ago): Yair hi, After a short inspection I’ve come to the following conclusion: the third variable, isLeft, is used to indicate whether the output cell-string is left-justified;...
- Yair Altman (8 days 20 hours ago): @Thierry – you have looked at the incorrect javadoc: JMenu is the top-level menu (File/Edit/View/… – the jFileMenu item in my article above) and for that you...
- Thierry Dalon (8 days 20 hours ago): The setAccelerator method throws an error: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/ 7/docs/api/javax/swing/JMenu.h tml public void setAccelerator(KeyStroke keyStroke) setAccelerator is...
- Yair Altman (8 days 20 hours ago): @Ramy – I am not sure I understand – you ran the same ismember command several times, of course it would take a similar amount of time. If you run the same thing...
- Ramy (9 days 3 hours ago): There is almost no difference in the new 2013b version of Matlab: >> n=2e6; a=ceil(n*rand(n,1)); b=ceil(n*rand(n,1)); >> tic;ismember(a,b);toc; Elapsed time is 0.846894 seconds. >>...
- SihYing (9 days 11 hours ago): Hi, Yair: Is there anyway to ban or ignore double click action on listbox ? Thanks
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.