Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report" Advanced Matlab training courses offered
at the convenience of your office. Additional info
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Another couple of Matlab bugs and workarounds
- Plot markers transparency and color gradient
- Plot line transparency and color gradient
- Customizing axes part 4 – additional properties
- Customizing axes part 3 – Backdrop
- Customizing axes part 2
- Customizing axes rulers
- Customizing combobox popups
- Customizing listbox/combobox items
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (35)
- Guest bloggers (45)
- GUI (116)
- Handle graphics (59)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (136)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (278)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (104)
- Toolbox (3)
- UI controls (40)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (135)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (4 hours 32 minutes ago): @xiaojidan – you can simply use separate plot() commands, each one for a different marker.
- xiaojidan (4 hours 39 minutes ago): Do you know how to add two different markers on two ends of a line?
- bassam (19 hours 46 minutes ago): Great to hear! This function along with plot2svg (which saves vector based transparent objects something I haven’t managed with export_fig) are lifesavers
- Robert (2 days 0 hours ago): Yair, thanks for providing this kind of input and the ticklabelformat. I’m also thankful for the comments as I had no idea why the callbacks for axis properties do not work...
- Ed Laurence (2 days 23 hours ago): In case this is still unsolved, I’ve encountered this issue several times and in my experience it occurs when the ColoredFieldCellRenderer fails to get the RGB components...
- Mark (4 days 6 hours ago): Dear Yair, Thanks for again a wonderful contribution! However, I found a small bug, at least on my system. When creating a statusbar using your ‘statusbar’ function from...
- Yaroslav (4 days 19 hours ago): @Yair, I have also encountered the same issue as @Dan — Being a very useful feature, some of my files rely heavily on graphics.cursorbar. Unfortunately, after TMW had decided...
- jkoether (4 days 21 hours ago): For me, the biggest advantage of savefast is that by saving uncompressed, a specific portion of an array can be loaded MUCH faster when using the matfile function. There seems to...
- Matteo (4 days 23 hours ago): This is indeed an awesome function Oliver and Yair. Thanks for the great post, especially interesting from a design point of view.
- xiaojidan (5 days 15 hours ago): Great. Thank you for your contribution. I will work hard.
- Yair Altman (6 days 1 hour ago): @Meera – you can use plain HTML symbols for this, by placing the HTML code inside the relevant table cell’s string. For example, ‘<html><b>...
- Björn (6 days 8 hours ago): Hi Yair, This is a great blog! I wouldn’t be able to do much java programming without it. The SyntaxTextPane and the possibility to add line numbers as you showed in a comment...
- Meera (6 days 22 hours ago): Thanks! I am creating a legend using a uitable. Is there a way to get the marker and line in the uitable? I understand how to get the cell background to be the color that I want, but...
- Meera (7 days 1 hour ago): Thanks! Changing the color background was really helpful. I was wondering if you knew how to include a symbols in uitables. I am trying to make a scroll down legend, and thought it be...
- Ruedi (7 days 23 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks for this great GUI table control. One more question: is there an easy way to include kind of a “total” row? For e.g. in your figure above, if the ID3 has...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.