- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Animated busy (spinning) icon
- Transparent uipanels
- uicontextmenu performance
- JSON-Matlab integration
- Undocumented feature list
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 4
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 3
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 2
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab part 1
- Improving Simulink performance
- Undocumented button highlighting
- Assessing Java object size in Matlab
- Serializing/deserializing Matlab data
- MathWorks blogs facelift
- 2013 perspective & plans for 2014
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (40)
- GUI (107)
- Handle graphics (50)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (128)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (252)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (93)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Undocumented feature (118)
- Undocumented function (28)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (11 hours 27 minutes ago): d.dispose() (or simply click the <Cancel> button…)
- Carlos (13 hours 4 minutes ago): I would also love those features in Matclipse…At least to be able to comment lines with keyboard shortcuts for now. Where can we find the latest version of Matclipse?
- Stefan (16 hours 47 minutes ago): Per default, MATLAB Compiler (or rather, the Runtime) will use hgVersion 1 although MATLAB itself uses hgVersion 2. To change this, you need to pass the option to the Runtime, by...
- Anonymous (22 hours 24 minutes ago): Hi Yair! How do you close or delete safely the aboveProgressBarDialog with animated BusyAffordance ? Thanks Aur
- Yair Altman (1 day 11 hours ago): Followup article: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/animated-busy-spinning-ic on
- Roger (1 day 14 hours ago): What about the load function? Inside a function, I found that using assignin(‘base’, variables) is faster than using evalin(‘base’, load .mat containing the...
- Sarah (1 day 14 hours ago): In testing my GUIs on HG2, I’ve found a few things. I’ll post them each separately. Win7 Enterprise, 64 bit; Matlab R2014a inputdlg: Using the stock example code from the...
- Matt (2 days 8 hours ago): Another useful socket tool that enables communicating between two matlab processes is found in the file exchange at http://www.mathworks.com/matla bcentral/fileexchange/24524...
- Dani (6 days 22 hours ago): I also look forward to the day when Matlab will provide 2D graphics that one can proudly show to somebody else, 3D graphics that that at least go in the same direction as what we have...
- Robert Cumming (7 days 14 hours ago): Yaroslav, Thank you for your comment – and indeed you are correct the solution above is a bit of a “sledge hammer” approach. The point you make was...
- Yaroslav (8 days 10 hours ago): Robert, It is always a great deal of vexation, when some GUI components (UI-context-menus) are not associated to their natural object (plot/axes/etc.), which leads to confusion,...
- Yair Altman (9 days 9 hours ago): @Jun Lee – oh, the vagaries of EDT in Matlab – an endless source of fun and challenge in Matlab GUIs…
- Jun Lee (9 days 9 hours ago): Thanks. obj.tabGroupH = uitabgroup('parent',obj.backgr ound_panel,'units','pixels','p osition', tabPos); obj.tabGroupJ = getappdata(handle(obj.tabGroup H),'JTabbedPane'); ......
- Yair Altman (9 days 10 hours ago): @Magpie – I don’t have a Mac, I’m afraid I can’t help you.
- Malcolm Lidierth (9 days 10 hours ago): It looks as though you may not be calling removeTabAt on the EDT. Try obj.tabGroupJ=javaObjectEDT(ob j.tabGroupJ); before your existing code.
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.