- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Sliders in Matlab GUI
- Persisting transparent colors in HG2
- Undocumented HG2 graphics events
- copyobj behavior change in HG2
- General-use object copy
- Auto-completion widget
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (48)
- GUI (123)
- Handle graphics (66)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (141)
- Listeners (18)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (296)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (115)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (148)
- Undocumented function (30)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- scmg (1 day 10 hours ago): Hi, i’m trying your example for BusyAffordance in a listbox. When the listbox’s CallbackFcn is called, i want to set listbox’s ‘Enable’ to...
- Yair Altman (3 days 23 hours ago): @Sam – thanks for confirming that BDE does indeed stand for Block Diagram Editor as I’ve speculated. As I noted in the main text, MathWorks removed BDE from the core...
- Yair Altman (4 days 0 hours ago): @Sam – thanks for the detailed feedback
- Sam Roberts (4 days 0 hours ago): Yair – just in case you’re still interested (I appreciate that this is a very old post I’m replying to), BDE is short for block diagram editor. It’s part...
- Sam Roberts (4 days 0 hours ago): Hi Scott and Yair, I’ve used JGraphX quite a bit within MATLAB UIs, and have a couple of suggestions based on my experience. i) When you create the mxGraphComponent,...
- Yaroslav (4 days 16 hours ago): Hi Yair, Regarding the new HG2 system: it seems that TMW have sealed all the graphic classes and widgets from sub-classing. They have also concealed (by pcode) the implementation,...
- Bryan Moosman (4 days 22 hours ago): Hello Yair, I’ve tried both the code above and the functions you submitted. I’ve got 2 areas of feedback: 1. The figure sizing isn’t quite correct. It was a...
- Brian (5 days 3 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thanks for all your work on this site. I’ve had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do a border-less button. I tried using both the null vector...
- Yair Altman (5 days 15 hours ago): @Brittney – the 3rd (optional) input parameter of the javacomponent function is the parent container handle. It can be the figure handle (default value: current figure or...
- Brittney Marimow (5 days 16 hours ago): Thank you for the GREAT post. One question, is there a way to place this spinner within a “Parent” box. I am working on a GUI that has 5 different boxes on a...
- Yair Altman (6 days 13 hours ago): @Vidya – the *CallbackData properties are automatically populated by Matlab whenever the corresponding *Callback is called, and then this callback-data is passed on to the...
- Karai (8 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair, Is it possible to download Java source code for ExampleWindow? I would be very grateful if you could send me a link. Kind regards
- Vidya (9 days 14 hours ago): Hello Yair, I started using the Java sliders in Matlab yesterday and they work great (thanks for the texbook as well as the tutorials)! I do not have much experience with Java though,...
- Yair Altman (11 days 19 hours ago): You need to set the callbacks to update the text dynamically, of course. If you’d like me to help you debug your specific issue, contact me by email for a short consulting.
- Yair Altman (11 days 19 hours ago): http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/javacomponent#comment-802 47
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.