- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training - amazing value
- Customizing contour plots
- Figure keypress modifiers
- Enabling user callbacks during zoom/pan
- Hyperlink text labels
- Font selection components
- Adding dynamic properties to graphic handles
- Callback functions performance
- Solving an mput (FTP) hang problem
- Accessing internal Java class members
- Static Java classpath hacks
- Using linkaxes vs. linkprop
- Matlab designs by Tim Smith
- Capturing print events
- JGraph in Matlab figures
- Some performance-tuning tips
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (39)
- Guest bloggers (49)
- GUI (129)
- Handle graphics (70)
- Hidden property (36)
- Icons (7)
- Java (146)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (14)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (309)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (119)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (42)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (157)
- Undocumented function (32)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (11 hours 51 minutes ago): Thanks – I completely forgot about this alternative. There are many ways to skin a cat…
- Will (11 hours 59 minutes ago): The primitives don’t have a ButtonDownFcn property but they do have a Hit event. It was you who brought this to my attention in the first place! Adding an event listener directly...
- sriram (1 day 8 hours ago): We need to control a different Java application window (launched via JNLP). Need to enter username and password. Is it possible with Matlab.
- Sarah (1 day 9 hours ago): Hi, I tried your code but I get the following error: ??? Undefined variable "com" or class "com.jidesoft.grid.DefaultProp erty". I’m a newbiew and would appreciate ideas. Thanks!
- Yair Altman (1 day 11 hours ago): Simply add the “complex” attribute: classdef test_mcos properties value@double scalar complex = 1 + 2i end end >> t = test_mcos t = test_mcos with properties: value:...
- PYC (1 day 14 hours ago): Very useful feature Yair! Unfortunately, I still cannot exploit it to its full potential, since I would like to specify that a property be a complex double scalar. If I use the syntax...
- David M (2 days 8 hours ago): Hello Yair, Thank you for the timely reply. Per you suggestion, I flushed the EDT queue and pending graphics operations using drawnow(); pause(0.1) prior to getting the underlying...
- Yair Altman (4 days 8 hours ago): Try adding drawnow(); pause(0.1) – http://undocumentedmatlab.com/ blog/matlab-and-the-event-disp atch-thread-edt
- David M (5 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair, In R2015b, on many occasions, I receive an empty handle (handle: 1-by-0) when attempting to get the underlying Java reference by any method (getappdata, findjobj, etc.)....
- Yair Altman (5 days 18 hours ago): @Adam – on some modern platforms, the menu items’ bgcolor is dynamically set by the system and cannot easily be overridden. In other words,...
- Adam Foltz (5 days 22 hours ago): Hey Yair, I am creating a GUI in MATLAB 2014a. Using you findjobj utility, I am trying to change the background color of the menu bar and the sub-menus. For some reason none of...
- Eric Sampson (6 days 7 hours ago): Very nice post Yair, thanks.
- آموزش متلب (7 days 8 hours ago): Very Nice TNX.
- Yair Altman (8 days 6 hours ago): @Aaron – firstly, Matlab buttons do support HTML, just as do all other uicontrols, except text labels. Secondly, you could always attach a MouseClickedCallback function to...
- Aaron Kahn (8 days 6 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am a first time poster but I truly love your site and it has helped me solve many a problem. I am running R2014a. I’ve created a GUI that allows the user to...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.