- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Advanced on-site Matlab training, amazing value - additional info
- Undocumented view transformation matrix
- Handle object as default class property value
- Plot legend title
- Using Infiniband with Matlab Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Frameless (undecorated) figure windows
- Transparent legend
- Customizing Matlab uipanels
- Simulink Data Dictionary
- Accessing hidden HG2 plot functionality
- Matlab compiler bug and workaround
- Unorthodox checkbox usage
- 2014 perspective & plans for 2015
- New book: Accelerating MATLAB Performance
- Transparency in uicontrols
- Desktop (35)
- Figure window (36)
- Guest bloggers (46)
- GUI (118)
- Handle graphics (63)
- Hidden property (34)
- Icons (7)
- Java (138)
- Listeners (17)
- Memory (13)
- Mex (9)
- Presumed future risk (288)
- Semi-documented feature (7)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (113)
- Toolbox (4)
- UI controls (41)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Undocumented feature (143)
- Undocumented function (29)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (53 minutes 6 seconds ago): @James – try using the opengl (rather than painters) renderer (the ‘-opengl’ parameter in export_fig). Note that this might take a long time, consume much...
- James (2 hours 29 minutes ago): I’ve been able to make some beautiful figures using HG2 thanks to your help. Unfortunately, I am now unable to find a way to export to any sort of vector format that maintains...
- Ed Yu (5 hours 40 minutes ago): To me this seems like a syntax issue… The behavior seems to be equivalent to Java’s static class level properties instead of the regular object instance properties. I...
- Vishnu S Nair (12 hours 16 minutes ago): Hi, The discussion details helped me to solve my problem. But I have some doubts, If I change the name of state or transition, how can I listen the events. I tried this below...
- Yair Altman (3 days 4 hours ago): @Bobby – the test script above should be fairly easy for you to run on your specific system to check this. And as noted, you can always use the java.io.File(tn).delete()...
- YoGabbaGabba (4 days 1 hour ago): Do we know if this memory leak still exists in Matlab 2013b or newer versions? If so, if I want to override these files for a project, how do I avoid shadow warnings if I wish...
- DNF (4 days 7 hours ago): Might this not be handled by introducing a property attribute to determine the behaviour? properties (InitializeForEachInstance = true) or something along those lines? I am quite...
- Yair Altman (6 days 5 hours ago): @Hari – there is no technical term called “TAB cursor”. You probably mean “focus”. You can check whether a certain component is currently in focus...
- Yair Altman (6 days 5 hours ago): @AIM (AIM-120?) – I do not have access to the latest Matlab Compiler, so I’m afraid that I cannot answer this… I suggest that you ask this of MathWorks support.
- Aim (6 days 10 hours ago): Hi Yair, with the recent upgrade of DEPLOYTOOL, now it is possible to compile the source code in executable file with custom icon. Is it possible to set the icon also by compiling the...
- Hari (6 days 13 hours ago): As we press TAB button on keyboard, the control moves from one icon to next. the “TAB Cursor” term is being used for this control. As there are some means to find current...
- Kathi K (8 days 9 hours ago): Hey Yair, I wondered how you managed to get the animated icon in the cell of a table(?) ? When using jTable.setValueAt(str,1,1) str being a html content, my gif is static; no...
- Yair Altman (8 days 11 hours ago): @Hari – you are not making any sense. What do you mean by “Tab cursor”???
- Hari (8 days 12 hours ago): Hey! its a wonderful invention. I have been using it for my research work. I have one question. “Is there any way to find current location of TAB cursor ???”
- Yair Altman (10 days 3 hours ago): @Dave – thanks for the insight. I was hoping you’d pitch in at some point, and I’m happy that you did. I’ve updated the post text with a corresponding...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.