- Enclose with " for exact match e.g., "uitable report"
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 3
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 2
- Explicit multi-threading in Matlab – part 1
- Improving Simulink performance
- Undocumented button highlighting
- Assessing Java object size in Matlab
- Serializing/deserializing Matlab data
- MathWorks blogs facelift
- 2013 perspective & plans for 2014
- Accessing private object properties
- Class object creation performance
- Plotly graphs
- sprintfc – undocumented helper function
- Performance: accessing handle properties
- Listbox layout customization
- Desktop (32)
- Figure window (34)
- Guest bloggers (39)
- GUI (105)
- Handle graphics (48)
- Hidden property (32)
- Icons (7)
- Java (126)
- Listeners (16)
- Memory (12)
- Mex (8)
- Presumed future risk (246)
- Semi-documented feature (6)
- Semi-documented function (31)
- Stock Matlab function (92)
- Toolbox (2)
- UI controls (36)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Undocumented feature (115)
- Undocumented function (27)
TagsActiveX Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI keyboard Listener Malcolm Lidierth Matt Whitaker MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools uiundo Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Ayantha (1 day 1 hour ago): Thanks Yair,It worked. For some unknown reason, it didn’t work with an inbuilt example of Matlab. But it worked fine with my own code. Thanks again and keep your good work...
- Yair Altman (1 day 15 hours ago): @Jacques – use the old (pre-2008a) uitable, which returns the Java object directly
- Jacques (1 day 16 hours ago): Hello Yair, I am using your findjobj function in my code to resize the row headers of 3 uitable elements (on the same page). It has helped me a lot but it takes a significant time...
- Magu_ (2 days 23 hours ago): Thank you for your answer. This is very neat I didn’t know that exist. I did it for the fieldnames but failed for methods so far. “methods” seems to behave...
- Yair Altman (4 days 15 hours ago): @Magu – try to implement hidden methods fieldnames and/or methods in your class. The first is for properties, the second is for methods.
- Yair Altman (5 days 16 hours ago): @Darin – y.setHorizontalTextPosition(ja vax.swing.SwingConstants.LEFT) ; This is covered both in my book and my uicontrols customization report.
- Darin (6 days 11 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks, this info is very helpful! (Even 3+ years later ) When I used the code on a pushbutton, it centered the icon… and had the text centered as well. I tried using...
- varun chopra (6 days 14 hours ago): amazing!!!
- Magu_ (7 days 1 hour ago): Hi Great article. Can this method also be used for classes? For the constructor it’s rather simple following your procedure. But I did fail to do so for class methods. I did...
- Yair Altman (9 days 1 hour ago): @Ninad – you can try to use property-change listeners.
- Ninad kubal (9 days 3 hours ago): Can i add callback on any property change of matlab uipanel or uicontrol?
- Yair Altman (11 days 0 hours ago): @Yuval – here’s a simple example: node = mtree.getTree.getPathForRow(8) .getLastPathComponent; % original row = 8+1=9 newParent = mtree.getTree.getPathForRow...
- Yuval Cohen (11 days 2 hours ago): Hello, I was wondering if there is a simple method to move a node up and down the tree (place it above its sibling for example) or change it’s parent such that it is one...
- Yair Altman (11 days 10 hours ago): @Ayantha – I explained this in the Usage Notes section of the article – read carefully.
- Yair Altman (11 days 10 hours ago): @Moshe – I do not have additional information to what I wrote above and in my book. I’m afraid that you will need to investigate this by yourself for the time being,...
Tag Archives: UIInspect12 relevant articles found:
Matlab has documented how to modify default property values, but not how to get the full list of current defaults. This article explains how to do this.
uiinspect is a Matlab utility that displays detailed information about an object’s methods, properties and callbacks in a single GUI window.
Annotation object can be programmatically set at, and pinned-to, plot axes data points.
The JIDE components pre-bundled in Matlab enable creating user-customized property grid tables
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab does not have any documented method to detect window focus events (gain/loss). This article describes an undocumented way to detect such events.
Matlab’s toolbars can be customized using a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks. This article describes how to customize the Matlab figure toolbar.
The UIINSPECT utility can be used to expand EditorMacro capabilities to non-text-insertion actions. This is how:
Matlab’s GUI Design Editor (GUIDE) has several interesting undocumented features. This post describes how to customize GUIDE rulers.