- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (51)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (155)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (171)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (379)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (205)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Blake (1 day 13 hours ago): This is a great article! Does anyone know the format of the header information in the converted bytestream? Thanks!
- Yair Altman (1 day 15 hours ago): In recent Matlab releases, Matlab’s pause is no less (sometimes even more) accurate than Java’s Thread.sleep, with a consistent mean inaccuracy (overhead) of 0.1-0.2...
- Sometalk (1 day 16 hours ago): Have you rerun this benchmark more recently? I wonder if there have been any improvements in this space.
- Peng Zheng (2 days 9 hours ago): Hi Yair, I tried to run the example, and compiler the example(matlab 2017a), it works for a few minutes, but new problem appears, the exe crashed with a error，（jframe cannot...
- Dan (4 days 4 hours ago): Thank you so much. This works well for UITables embedded in a traditional figure but I’m having issues getting findjobj to work when the UITable is embedded in a UIFigure, it just...
- Joe Burgel (7 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, Once again, saving my life! Thanks so much for what you do for all these years.
- Sarah (8 days 9 hours ago): Thank you!
- Yaroslav (8 days 18 hours ago): @Mark, the zoom function calls resetplotview (undocumented). It, in turn, resets all modes (X/YLimMode) to auto. That is why the listeners do not trigger. To solve the issue, link...
- Mark D. (9 days 14 hours ago): @Yaroslav your solution works great, but the double mouseclick (of zoom out or zoom in), which puts the plot in the default optimized axes, doesn’t work or behaves the same,...
- Peter Cook (11 days 5 hours ago): Yair, One multithreaded mex file I can’t say enough good things about is getmatvar which, in addition to being faster than MATLAB builtins (i.e. matfile objects), allows...
- Jan Afridi (12 days 17 hours ago): Thanks for community referring. I wish this help to understand Matlab and resolve the issue that I am facing.
- David Sampson (13 days 18 hours ago): See also uix.ScrollingPanel in GUI Layout Toolbox. This works for figures (not uifigures) from R2014b onwards.
- Yair Altman (21 days 10 hours ago): @Royi – yes, but this is definitely not easy. Hopefully custom JS integration will be better in future Matlab versions. Perhaps I’ll post something similar to this...
- Yair Altman (21 days 10 hours ago): @Royi – I’m not familiar with any such control within Matlab, but you may possibly find such in one of the numerous online Java libraries (there were hundreds of...
Yearly Archives: 200948 relevant articles found:
Simple HTML can be presented in a Java component integrated in Matlab GUI, without requiring the heavy browser control.
A fully-capable browser component is included in Matlab and can easily be incorporated in regular Matlab GUI applications. This article shows how.
The built-in HelpPopup, available since Matlab R2007b, has a back-door that enables displaying arbitrary text, HTML and URL web-pages.
Matlab figures print-setup can be customized to automatically prepare the figure for printing in a specific configuration
Matlab’s built-in XML-processing functions have several undocumented features that can be used by Java-savvy users
Matlab’s text uicontrol is not very customizable, and does not support HTML or Tex formatting. This article shows how to display HTML labels in Matlab and some undocumented customizations
The built-in uiundo function provides easy yet undocumented access to Matlab’s powerful undo/redo functionality. This article explains its usage.
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab enables setting the speaker volume via documented Java calls