- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (151)
- Handle graphics (80)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (168)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (367)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (135)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (198)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yaroslav (4 hours 27 minutes ago): Hi Yair, Kudos for bringing up this Sealed issue; I couldn’t have agreed with you more. It is indeed a perplexing decision that hampers one’s work. I have first...
- Peyman (1 day 5 hours ago): Thanks Yair. Clearing java solved the problem.
- Yair Altman (2 days 8 hours ago): @Peyman – it’s probably due to one of the possible reasons that I listed here: https://undocumentedmatlab.com /blog/java-class-access-pitfal ls
- Yair Altman (2 days 9 hours ago): @Andrew – I fixed the MatlabControl link to its new home on GitHub
- Peyman (3 days 2 hours ago): Mybe important: I’m using matlab R2008a and jdk 1.6.0 (both matlab and compilation)
- Peyman (3 days 2 hours ago): Thank you for the post. It seems to be the exact solution I was looging for but I cannot start the Thread like you showed above. I get the error message: ??? Undefined function or...
- Andrew Janke (4 days 8 hours ago): Very useful post! I’ll be using this in one of my current projects. BTW, it looks like the “MatlabControl” link in the fifth paragraph is broken. It’s...
- Yair Altman (7 days 8 hours ago): @Eric – of course, you can use HTML, much as for uitables (as I explained here) uitab('Title','Line #1Line #2') Add a <center> tag if you want the tab label to be...
- Eric Alexander (7 days 9 hours ago): Yair, Do you know of any means to create a uitab with two lines of text that are on top of one another. Uitab does not accept cell arrays when called the “Title”...
- Bryan (12 days 4 hours ago): While I certainly respect Yair’s need to be compensated for his time, I thought it would be worth mentioning what I came up with. I actually linked over to undocumentedmatlab...
- Yair Altman (12 days 5 hours ago): @Gary – MathWorks constantly change their website without bothering to redirect the old webpages to their new URLs. This is yet another example of this. I fixed the link...
- Peter Cook (12 days 7 hours ago): A quick method to check if a machine is connected to a particular IP address using MATLAB, which is a potentially useful callback for a widget like this (after string verified...
- Gary Roth (13 days 6 hours ago): I tried to follow the “well documented” link (https://www.mathworks.com/hel p/matlab/matlab_external/brd4a t8.html) and received the message “The page you were...
- Andrew (13 days 9 hours ago): Is there any way to return a floating toolbox license without closing the Matlab session? Its not uncommon for me to find that somewhere in my code base I accessed an obscure toolbox...
- Yair Altman (13 days 16 hours ago): @Ian – try to call the Java object’s repaint() method (function), after adding it to the panel (presumably using a call to javacomponent)
Yearly Archives: 200948 relevant articles found:
Simple HTML can be presented in a Java component integrated in Matlab GUI, without requiring the heavy browser control.
A fully-capable browser component is included in Matlab and can easily be incorporated in regular Matlab GUI applications. This article shows how.
The built-in HelpPopup, available since Matlab R2007b, has a back-door that enables displaying arbitrary text, HTML and URL web-pages.
Matlab figures print-setup can be customized to automatically prepare the figure for printing in a specific configuration
Matlab’s built-in XML-processing functions have several undocumented features that can be used by Java-savvy users
Matlab’s text uicontrol is not very customizable, and does not support HTML or Tex formatting. This article shows how to display HTML labels in Matlab and some undocumented customizations
The built-in uiundo function provides easy yet undocumented access to Matlab’s powerful undo/redo functionality. This article explains its usage.
The Matlab Editor can be accessed programmatically, for a wide variety of possible uses – this article shows how.
Matlab enables setting the speaker volume via documented Java calls