- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Advanced Matlab online webinars
- Matlab GUI training seminars – Zurich, 29-30 August 2017
- Sending HTML emails from Matlab
- User-defined tab completions – take 2
- Matlab Expo – Bern, 22 June 2017
- Matlab compilation quirks – take 2
- GUI formatting using HTML
- MathWorks-solicited Java survey
- I am hiring experienced Matlab programmers (Tel Aviv)
- Additional license data
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (46)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (145)
- Handle graphics (76)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (162)
- Listeners (20)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (358)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (133)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (48)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (190)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop scribe Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (2 days 13 hours ago): @Claudio – I don’t know why you posted this question here – it seems to relate to popup/dropdown menus and not listboxes. In any case, such menu items cannot...
- claudio (3 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair how can I change background color for jmenu described in the previous example? I try menuCheck = javax.swing.JMenuItem('Check recording'); bgcolor = get(gcf,'Color'); %...
- Yair Altman (5 days 8 hours ago): Unlike contour, the contourf function returns a list of levels that includes the minimum value, which does not correspond to any contour line ([-6.5466,-6,-5,-4,...] rather than...
- Elbio (6 days 9 hours ago): Hi Yair: Many thanks for your helpful answer. I found a problem though when using contourf. [c,h] = contourf(peaks,'LevelStep',1); drawnow levels = h.LevelList; lines = h.EdgePrims;...
- Yair Altman (6 days 15 hours ago): @Elbio – in HG2 (R2014b or newer) the contour lines (hContour.EdgePrims) correspond to the contour levels (hContour.LevelList). For example, to make all negative contour...
- Elbio (7 days 2 hours ago): Hi Yair: Using the old matlab utilities it was possible to get the Cdata value associated with each line in the contour plot: [c,h]=contourf(peaks,[-9:1:9]) ; h1=get(h,'children');...
- Viktor Horvath (7 days 5 hours ago): Your comment was very helpful, thank you! I would like to add to it, because to me it was not obvious that in the case of Class methods the first argument must be declared in...
- Yair Altman (7 days 8 hours ago): @Daniele – I will answer you in an offline email
- Daniele F. (7 days 8 hours ago): Dear Yair I’m happily using your treeTable utility, thanks again to making it available. I’ve a question: I’ve compiled an application that uses the treeTable...
- Joshua (9 days 20 hours ago): Hi, is there a way to simulate the keyboard input using the robot when the robot encounters user input request generated? For example, a = input('Type a word: ', 's'); This is for...
- matlabi (10 days 1 hour ago): hi Smtp settings Where should we place?
- Yair Altman (10 days 9 hours ago): @Ben – I am not aware of any way to set multi-line text in the BusyAffordance object
- BenBen (10 days 9 hours ago): Is there a way to get multiple text lines in the jObj.setBusyText? Thanks !
- Donn (13 days 9 hours ago): I would need more information to help you. Simulink Data Dictionary files (.sldd) files are covered in many places. What is the format of the Data dictionary files (.dd) you are...
- Temu (15 days 10 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thanks for sharing all these insights! These are really helpful. I am currently trying to implement a focus-follows-mouse mechanism in matlab, since versions from (at least)...
Monthly Archives: March 20097 relevant articles found:
UISplitPane was recently chosen as Matlab Central’s Pick of the Week. Here I detail its use of some undocumented Matlab features.
uitree is an undocumented Matlab function, which does not easily enable setting a context-menu. Here’s how to do it.
Matlab uicontrols have many useful features that are only available via Java. Here’s how to access them.
Matlab uicomponents support HTML and CSS, enabling colored items, superscript/subscript, fonts, bold/italic/underline and many other modifications
Matlab’s Command Window foreground and background colors can be modified programmatically, using some of Matlab’s undocumented internal Java classes. Here’s how.