- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (152)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (170)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (376)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (202)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (9 hours 6 minutes ago): @Medi – I am not sure what you mean. I discussed a slider that has several knobs (“range slider”) here: https://undocumentedmatlab....
- medi (9 hours 20 minutes ago): how can i plot many data with slider in Gui?
- Yair Altman (1 day 22 hours ago): @Peter – while the legend object’s ItemHitFcn callback property is documented/supported, the Item property of the eventData object (which is passed to the callback...
- Peter Cook (2 days 15 hours ago): I have recently incorporated the Legend’s ItemHitFcn callback property into a utility I built. You can access and edit some relevant objects in the callback function, e.g....
- Yair Altman (4 days 16 hours ago): @Rik – in a vast number of real-life use-cases, we already know in advance that either a or b or both are already sorted, and in this case ismembc is still faster than...
- Rik Wisselink (4 days 17 hours ago): I’m sorry, I edited my code after I already pasted the code here and forgot to update the code along with the output. The remarks in the posted text still stand though....
- Yair Altman (5 days 12 hours ago): @Rik – your outputs don’t correspond to your code, so they do not make any sense. Moreover, instead of reporting 3 separate timing instances, it would be better to...
- Rik Wisselink (5 days 12 hours ago): @Yair, unfortunately, that is the same sample data as you use in your article. If you include the sort, ismembc becomes much slower to use. Interestingly, ismember on the...
- sco1 (7 days 4 hours ago): Very interesting! I never explored NodeChildren when I was building legtools and was using PlotChildren instead to do things like rearrange the legend, add/remove entries, etc. Have...
- Yair Altman (13 days 19 hours ago): @Zoltan – R2015b is 6 releases older than the latest Matlab release, so surely this is no surprise. New functions are being added to Matlab with each new release. If you...
- Zoltan Csati (13 days 19 hours ago): In R2015b I only see the *+app*, the and the *+plot* packages inside the *+controllib* package, no *widget*.
- Gelth (13 days 21 hours ago): @Yair, 1) Just precision : I just try the command controllib.internal.util.hStri ng2Char(“”) (with matlab 2017b) and the result was 0×0 empty char array, not ”. By...
- Ondrej (15 days 20 hours ago): Hi Yair, I am trying to plot a line with a gradient which would be “perpendicular” to the line. For example: N = 10; p = plot(1:N, ones(1, N), ‘Linewidth’,...
- Yair Altman (17 days 19 hours ago): @Tobias – I do not have an immediate answer. You can easily open the Jar files (for example %matlabroot%/java/jar/mlwidget s.jar) using WinZip or WinRAR and check this. If...
- Tobias (17 days 21 hours ago): Hi, I’m trying to use the ProgressBarDialog in Matlab R2018a. However, it seems to be missing from the com.mathworks.mlwidgets package. Do you know if it has been removed...
Monthly Archives: March 20097 relevant articles found:
UISplitPane was recently chosen as Matlab Central’s Pick of the Week. Here I detail its use of some undocumented Matlab features.
uitree is an undocumented Matlab function, which does not easily enable setting a context-menu. Here’s how to do it.
Matlab uicontrols have many useful features that are only available via Java. Here’s how to access them.
Matlab uicomponents support HTML and CSS, enabling colored items, superscript/subscript, fonts, bold/italic/underline and many other modifications
Matlab’s Command Window foreground and background colors can be modified programmatically, using some of Matlab’s undocumented internal Java classes. Here’s how.