- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (54)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (158)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (172)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (383)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (208)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Drew (1 day 9 hours ago): my comment to Mathworks on this subject was “the least user-friendly update Mathworks has released in the last 15 years…”
- Tom Benson (3 days 16 hours ago): Hi Yair Thanks for all your great workarounds. I tried your last suggestion and indeed the uipanel becomes invisible. However, if the panel has any children then this does not...
- Sajad Rahmdel (3 days 17 hours ago): Thank you
- Henry (7 days 17 hours ago): Hi Yair Thanks for your answer. Maybe MATHWORKS want to prevent their own APPs in the matlab. If they can be deployed, all the Apps can be used without license. But it is very pity,...
- Yair Altman (9 days 1 hour ago): @Henry – for some unknown reason, MathWorks have chosen to intentionally prevent figure docking in compiled applications. There used to be a workaround for this, but it is...
- Ramiro Massol (9 days 6 hours ago): hi Yair, thanks for the file you uploaded to the usage examples section. Happy New Year! best
- Yair Altman (10 days 6 hours ago): @Tanguy – thanks for the typo correction, now fixed.
- Tanguy (10 days 7 hours ago): Hello Yair, minor correction (on the part you recently corrected, sorry): % hTabGroup2 = matlab.ui.internal.desktop.Tab Group(); % should be : hTabGroup2 =...
- Henry (10 days 19 hours ago): Hi, Yair Thanks for your introduction of this toolstrip. if this toolstrip can be deploy as a standalone application, it will be amazing. it is success to deploy the ToolGroupApp.exe...
- Yair Altman (11 days 6 hours ago): I added a downloadable file that can be run as-is, at the top of the Usage Examples section.
- Ramiro Massol (11 days 7 hours ago): hi Yair, i was just trying to reproduce the code you freely publish on your site to test the features of the toolstrip. I guess other readers of your blog will encounter the...
- Yair Altman (11 days 8 hours ago): Ramiro – I’m sorry, but I only do private consulting projects as (well) private consulting projects… Try to display the tool-group at other places within your...
- Ramiro Massol (11 days 8 hours ago): hi Yair, I tried that before but i’ve got a weird toolgroup that changed the name and showed no toolstrip at all and was docked to the command window too. I can send you...
- Yair Altman (11 days 10 hours ago): As the error says, you can’t update a toolstrip after it has been rendered (shown). Simply move the hToolGroup.open() command to the end of your script/function.
- Ramiro Massol (11 days 11 hours ago): great. By the way, I tried the code you posted in section 2 of the toolstrips and noticed an error while trying to create a section (“% “Section” cannot be...
Yearly Archives: 201057 relevant articles found:
FIG files are actually MAT files in disguise. This article explains how this can be useful in Matlab applications.
Matlab’s undocumented uisplittool and uitogglesplittool are powerful toolbar controls – this article explains how to customize their behavior
Matlab’s undocumented uisplittool and uitogglesplittool are powerful controls that can easily be added to Matlab toolbars – this article explains how
Events raised in Java code can be caught and handled in Matlab callback functions – this article explains how
Matlab’s uipanel contains a hidden handle to the title label, which can be modified into a checkbox or radio-button control
This article shows several customizations that can be done to Matlab’s undocumented tab-panels functionality
Matlab’s Workspace table context-menu can be configured with user-defined actions – this article explains how.
Matlab uicontrol borders can easily be modified – this article shows how