- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Desktop (44)
- Figure window (51)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (156)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (171)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (380)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (205)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Steve (8 days 9 hours ago): You can also use clabel(c,hContour,'FontSize',1 0,'Color',[1 1 1])
- Yair Altman (22 days 8 hours ago): @Ofer – you need to set the GetObservable meta-attribute to enable listening to PreGet/PostGet events, and similarly set SetObservable for PreSet/PostSet events. For...
- Ofer Saferman (22 days 8 hours ago): How do you know which properties are observable? Can you in general listen to your own added properties using setappdata? How to make them observable? Thanks
- Yair Altman (25 days 3 hours ago): @Konstantin – you can set up a custom cell-editor that displays a different list of drop-down/pop-up values based on certain conditions (such as the data in another column...
- Konstantin (35 days 10 hours ago): Hi Yair. Your article is excellent, but i see in column “Names” you realized different data for popup in different rows. Please, can you says how you do this?
- Stev (41 days 12 hours ago): Hello together, I am iteressted in the same point. I can implemement set(handle(jPanelObj,'callback properties'), 'ActionPerformedCallback', @myMatlabCallbackFunc); and this works...
- Kerim (45 days 22 hours ago): Very surprising deatail, thank you. But it’s strange that you didn’t mention a possibility to improve read/write perfomance by adjusting Java. Is that real?
- Yair Altman (53 days 8 hours ago): @Eddie – try to download the latest version of findjobj and then try again, it works well on all Matlab versions, including 18a and 18b.
- Paul Andrews (54 days 23 hours ago): Yair, This post is great. Thanks you for sharing this. I’ve been interested in building application with the toolstrip for quite a while, and I am really happy to see that it...
- Paul Andrews (54 days 23 hours ago): I am also having problems docking figures in a compiled application using the newer releases (R2016a and up). I’ve tried all of the suggestions above, but none of them...
- Eddie (57 days 3 hours ago): I just downloaded 2018b and findjobj does not work on uicontrol anymore For example, u=uicontrol; jobj=findjobj(u); Returns an empty handle in 2018b, but in 2018a that is not a...
- marc (69 days 4 hours ago): Thank you very much ! It did the job 😉
- KAE (70 days 6 hours ago): Thanks for your blog and book, very helpful. It’d be great if you could blog sometime about best practices for using Matlab’s neural network fitting (net, train), especially for getting...
- Collin Pecora (70 days 10 hours ago): Marc, I don’t understand why, but BusyAffordance uses the MJPanel‘s font to measure the busy text, but uses the UIManager’s Label.font to draw it. So, you...
- Yair Altman (70 days 11 hours ago): @Hironori – callback functions run asynchronously, not synchronously, so they do not return any value. You can save the results in some persistent place (like a global...
Monthly Archives: January 20105 relevant articles found:
The Matlab Desktop’s Command-Window prompt can easily be modified using some undocumented features
The Matlab editbox uicontrol does not handle HTML contents as do other uicontrols. In this article I show how this limitation can be removed.
The FindJObj utility can be used to present a GUI that displays a Matlab container’s internal Java components, properties and callbacks.
The FindJObj utility can be used to access and display the internal components of Matlab controls and containers. This article explains its uses and inner mechanism.
The Matlab Desktop’s Workspace pane table can be customized, as described here