- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Sliders in Matlab GUI – part 2
- String/char compatibility
- Blocked wait with timeout for asynchronous events
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 2
- Speeding-up builtin Matlab functions – part 1
- Spicing up the Matlab Editor
- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Desktop (43)
- Figure window (51)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (155)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (171)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (379)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (205)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Blake (6 days 22 hours ago): This is a great article! Does anyone know the format of the header information in the converted bytestream? Thanks!
- Yair Altman (7 days 0 hours ago): In recent Matlab releases, Matlab’s pause is no less (sometimes even more) accurate than Java’s Thread.sleep, with a consistent mean inaccuracy (overhead) of 0.1-0.2...
- Sometalk (7 days 2 hours ago): Have you rerun this benchmark more recently? I wonder if there have been any improvements in this space.
- Peng Zheng (7 days 19 hours ago): Hi Yair, I tried to run the example, and compiler the example(matlab 2017a), it works for a few minutes, but new problem appears, the exe crashed with a error，（jframe cannot...
- Dan (9 days 14 hours ago): Thank you so much. This works well for UITables embedded in a traditional figure but I’m having issues getting findjobj to work when the UITable is embedded in a UIFigure, it just...
- Joe Burgel (12 days 21 hours ago): Hi Yair, Once again, saving my life! Thanks so much for what you do for all these years.
- Sarah (13 days 19 hours ago): Thank you!
- Yaroslav (14 days 4 hours ago): @Mark, the zoom function calls resetplotview (undocumented). It, in turn, resets all modes (X/YLimMode) to auto. That is why the listeners do not trigger. To solve the issue, link...
- Mark D. (15 days 0 hours ago): @Yaroslav your solution works great, but the double mouseclick (of zoom out or zoom in), which puts the plot in the default optimized axes, doesn’t work or behaves the same,...
- Peter Cook (16 days 15 hours ago): Yair, One multithreaded mex file I can’t say enough good things about is getmatvar which, in addition to being faster than MATLAB builtins (i.e. matfile objects), allows...
- Jan Afridi (18 days 3 hours ago): Thanks for community referring. I wish this help to understand Matlab and resolve the issue that I am facing.
- David Sampson (19 days 4 hours ago): See also uix.ScrollingPanel in GUI Layout Toolbox. This works for figures (not uifigures) from R2014b onwards.
- Yair Altman (26 days 20 hours ago): @Royi – yes, but this is definitely not easy. Hopefully custom JS integration will be better in future Matlab versions. Perhaps I’ll post something similar to this...
- Yair Altman (26 days 20 hours ago): @Royi – I’m not familiar with any such control within Matlab, but you may possibly find such in one of the numerous online Java libraries (there were hundreds of...
Yearly Archives: 201347 relevant articles found:
Private properties of Matlab class objects can be accessed (read and write) using some undocumented techniques.
Performance aspects of Matlab class object creation are discussed, with specific suggestions.
Plotly charts can be created and customized in Matlab.
The built-in sprintfc function can be used to quickly generate a cell-array of formatted strings.
Handle object property access (get/set) performance can be significantly improved using dot-notation.
Matlab’s listbox layout can be modified to display multiple item columns and different inter-cell margins.
Matlab’s fprintf command has an undocumented hack to display orange-colored text.
Matlab includes some numerical gotchas that we should be careful to avoid…
Matlab’s standard plot data-tips can be customized to enable dragging, without being limitted to be adjacent to their data-point.
Matlab includes many custom JIDE combo-box controls that can be used in Matlab GUIs out of the box.