- Auto-scale image colors
- Adding custom properties to GUI objects
- IP address input control
- Customizing axes tick labels
- Customizing histogram plots
- Toolbar button labels
- Using SQLite in Matlab
- PlotEdit context-menu customization
- Builtin PopupPanel widget
- Customizing uifigures part 3
- Customizing contour plots part 2
- The HotLinks feature
- Tips for accelerating Matlab performance
- Faster csvwrite/dlmwrite
- Runtime code instrumentation
- Desktop (42)
- Figure window (50)
- Guest bloggers (59)
- GUI (151)
- Handle graphics (81)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (7)
- Java (168)
- Listeners (21)
- Memory (15)
- Mex (12)
- Presumed future risk (368)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (9)
- Semi-documented function (33)
- Stock Matlab function (135)
- Toolbox (7)
- UI controls (50)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (199)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsActiveX AppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented function Toolbar uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitable uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 day 4 hours ago): @Jake – gscatter creates line objects, which do not have Jitter properties as in scatter objects. If you want to use the jitter functionality, use scatter rather than...
- asmf (2 days 11 hours ago): In R2016b I replaced call to hgconvertunits with getpixelposition in dateTickPicker.
- Jake (2 days 19 hours ago): Any ideas of how to use this jitter functionality with gscatter?
- Peter Cook (3 days 7 hours ago): Great utility. I do something quite similar in one of my applications. A couple remarks: 1. If the user of this function has read your “Accelerating MATLAB...
- Asimov (5 days 19 hours ago): Hi, Yair! I tried to add a StateChangedCallback to the JSpinner, and if the value is modified, it will display the current value on the command line. import javax.swing.* import...
- Yaroslav (6 days 1 hour ago): Hi Yair, Kudos for bringing up this Sealed issue; I couldn’t have agreed with you more. It is indeed a perplexing decision that hampers one’s work. I have first...
- Peyman (7 days 2 hours ago): Thanks Yair. Clearing java solved the problem.
- Yair Altman (8 days 5 hours ago): @Peyman – it’s probably due to one of the possible reasons that I listed here: https://undocumentedmatlab.com /blog/java-class-access-pitfal ls
- Yair Altman (8 days 5 hours ago): @Andrew – I fixed the MatlabControl link to its new home on GitHub
- Peyman (8 days 23 hours ago): Mybe important: I’m using matlab R2008a and jdk 1.6.0 (both matlab and compilation)
- Peyman (8 days 23 hours ago): Thank you for the post. It seems to be the exact solution I was looging for but I cannot start the Thread like you showed above. I get the error message: ??? Undefined function or...
- Andrew Janke (10 days 4 hours ago): Very useful post! I’ll be using this in one of my current projects. BTW, it looks like the “MatlabControl” link in the fifth paragraph is broken. It’s...
- Yair Altman (13 days 5 hours ago): @Eric – of course, you can use HTML, much as for uitables (as I explained here) uitab('Title','Line #1Line #2') Add a <center> tag if you want the tab label to be...
- Eric Alexander (13 days 6 hours ago): Yair, Do you know of any means to create a uitab with two lines of text that are on top of one another. Uitab does not accept cell arrays when called the “Title”...
- Bryan (18 days 1 hour ago): While I certainly respect Yair’s need to be compensated for his time, I thought it would be worth mentioning what I came up with. I actually linked over to undocumentedmatlab...
Monthly Archives: February 20182 relevant articles found:
Images can be automatically color-scaled for maximum resolution, using the undocumented MarkedClean event.
It is very easy to add custom user-defined properties and methods to GUI handles and Java references in Matlab.