- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Scrollable GUI panels
- Multi-threaded Mex
- Plot legend customization
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (164)
- Handle graphics (82)
- Hidden property (41)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (389)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (137)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (214)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Yair Altman (1 hour 43 minutes ago): @Jim – you can implement a simple GUI that has an editbox, which searches for and displays the relevant file/folder completions whenever the user types anything in the...
- Jim Van Zandt (2 hours 41 minutes ago): I have a significantly different use case (but one using many of the same keywords – I have a function that asks the user to type in a path or file name, and I would...
- Yair Altman (3 days 11 hours ago): Matlab’s statusbar hack only works with non-docked figures. If you need them to work also in docked figures, replicate the functionality using regular panels.
- Yair Altman (3 days 11 hours ago): Jan – if you mean the controls in the statusbar, the only controls that change their relative position are the ones that are attached to right (“East”) border,...
- Yair Altman (3 days 12 hours ago): The slider thumb color is typically set by the Look&Feel and cannot be changed, except by changing the L&F’s standard control color (which is not advisable). To...
- Yair Altman (3 days 23 hours ago): @Batuhan – I don’t know what exactly happened in your specific case, but it could be that you are not storing the ToolGroup handle in a persistent location, as I...
- RichardST (10 days 7 hours ago): Hello All, Ok, I see that I was doing wrong. I needed to: i) wrap the event in a handle, as per the advice above ii) change the callback to display the event’s properties >>...
- RichardST (10 days 8 hours ago): Hello Yair, Is this still meant to work in later versions of MATLAB? With my version of MATLAB Version 9.4 (R2018a) My results are: >> evt = EventTest evt = EventTest@71652c98 >>...
- Michele (12 days 5 hours ago): Dear Yair, I would like to be able to enable/disable editing of specific cells in my table (not just the whole column!), and perhaps also grey-out the disabled cells. Does your...
- jmarco (13 days 0 hours ago): @Yair Altman – Thanks for the quick response. I’ll investigate the color properties some more. I tried changing the look and feel using the directions on your website,...
- Yair Altman (13 days 1 hour ago): This is not a settable property of the standard Swing JSlider. You need to modify the slider’s look-&-feel properties. These include several color properties, so play...
- jmarco (13 days 1 hour ago): Is there a way to color in the slider between the lower bound and the current value? Here’s an example of what I mean: (in case the image doesn’t load, this image is from...
- Yair Altman (13 days 7 hours ago): Alternatively, set the Java frame’s default close operation to DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE, as follows: jFrame.setDefaultCloseOperatio n(jFrame.DISPOSE_ON_CLOSE); % rather than...
- Yair Altman (13 days 12 hours ago): @Michael – look here: https://undocumentedmatlab.com /blog/modifying-matlab-look-an d-feel You’d probably want to modify the L&F only during your figure...
- Michael (13 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, thanks very much for this great site and books! This is probably the wrong place to ask a question, so sorry beforehand. I am using Matlab 2015b on Windows 7. I have a...
Category Archives: Handle graphics82 relevant articles found:
the ubiquitous findjobj utility has been significantly improved for speed for the most common use case.
Matlab release R2015b’s new “DPI-aware” nature broke some important functionality. Here’s what can be done…
Contour labels, lines and fill patches can easily be customized in Matlab HG2.
It is easy and very useful to attach dynamic properties to Matlab graphics objects in run-time.
Using anonymous functions in Matlab callbacks can be very painful for performance. Today’s article explains how this can be avoided.
linkaxes has a built-in limitation, so using linkprop may sometimes be beneficial.
We can set semi- and fully-transparent colors in HG2 for multiple graphic objects, but making these settings stick is non-trivial.
Matlab’s new HG2 graphics engine includes many new undocumented events that could be used in various ways.
the behavior of Matlab’s copyobj function changed in R2014b (HG2), and callbacks are no longer copied.
Matlab’s view function returns an undocumented output transformation matrix.