- Improving graphics interactivity
- Interesting Matlab puzzle – analysis
- Interesting Matlab puzzle
- Undocumented plot marker types
- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (165)
- Handle graphics (84)
- Hidden property (42)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (393)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (139)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (217)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Dennis (20 hours 13 minutes ago): Ed: I am interested in how for you have taken the ‘capturing the usage of “undefined” variables’ ‘tool’ you have developed. My current code is about 60000...
- Peng Liu (5 days 9 hours ago): Hello Yair, is it possible to set transparency of javacomponents backgroud color? I tried setBackground(java.awt.Color(1 , 0.98, 0.94, 0.5)) of my Spinning icon which I learned...
- Hassan (10 days 1 hour ago): solved. the scatter plot was prepared for part of the full cell number!
- Hassan (10 days 4 hours ago): Dear Yair, I have the following code that worked for me in the past. I have nothing new except or using different dataset (the Matlab version is the same 2016a). But it is not...
- James P. Herman (15 days 13 hours ago): Any thoughts on how to preserve axis offset in an exported PDF? Using export_fig or print both seem to restore the full size of the ruler: clear close all % make figure...
- Yair Altman (19 days 1 hour ago): @Jeremiah – perhaps the default interactions are implemented only as the last step in the axes creation sequence, after the user-specified AxesCreationFcn callback has...
- Jeremiah (19 days 1 hour ago): I tried to run your function during a figure(…) creation and it removes the axes toolbar but it does not change the interactions. Those only work once the axes is already...
- Yair Altman (26 days 1 hour ago): @Ozgu – yes you can but only if you create a dedicated Java cellrenderer class for this (i.e., not in pure Matlab)
- Yair Altman (26 days 1 hour ago): @Samina – in Matlab you have a choice between web-based UI (as with App Designer) or using Java-based controls (as I’ve shown in many articles on this website). In...
- samina (27 days 9 hours ago): hi everyone! I am developing my app using App designer but not satisfy with the look .. I want my app look like professional UIDesign( Flat design) .In order to fulfill my own...
- Ozgu (28 days 23 hours ago): Hi Yair, We can adjust the width and height of the image e.g. (‘autumn’) Is there a way to show a part (selected coords only) of an image on uicontrols using html code?...
- Ozgu (28 days 23 hours ago): Thank you for your answer Yair, Ok. Can I add a mouse hover event for each item for Jcombobox Thanks again Ozgu
- Dev (29 days 5 hours ago): Same question as sco1: Have you had luck utilizing NodeChildren to perform similar options in MATLAB >= R2017a?
- Yair Altman (30 days 3 hours ago): @Ozgu – combobox popups are not the same as listboxes, although they share some common aspects. For example, combo-box items do not have tooltips by default – only...
- Yiftach (30 days 7 hours ago): Thanks Yair! I will give it a try Yiftach
Category Archives: Listeners22 relevant articles found:
UDD provides built-in convenience methods to facilitate the integration of Matlab UDD objects with Java code – this article explains how
UDD event listeners can be used to listen to property value changes and other important events of Matlab objects
UDD classes underlie many of Matlab’s handle-graphics objects and functionality. This article introduces these classes.
This article explains how to use undocumented axes listeners for implementing multi-column plot legends
Events raised in Java code can be caught and handled in Matlab callback functions – this article explains how
Inactive Matlab uicontrols cannot normally display their tooltips. This article shows how to do this with a combination of undocumented Matlab and Java hacks.
Matlab slider uicontrols do not enable a continuous-motion callback by default. This article explains how this can be achieved using undocumented features.
The Matlab Desktop’s Command-Window prompt can easily be modified using some undocumented features
The EditorMacro utility was extended to support built-in Matlab Editor and Command-Window actions and key-bindings. This post describes the changes and the implementation details.
Matlab has a hidden/unsupported built-in mechanism for easy implementation of context-sensitive help