- Interesting Matlab puzzle – analysis
- Interesting Matlab puzzle
- Undocumented plot marker types
- Matlab toolstrip – part 9 (popup figures)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 8 (galleries)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 7 (selection controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 6 (complex controls)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 5 (icons)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 4 (control customization)
- Reverting axes controls in figure toolbar
- Matlab toolstrip – part 3 (basic customization)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 2 (ToolGroup App)
- Matlab toolstrip – part 1
- Customizing web-GUI uipanel
- Desktop (45)
- Figure window (59)
- Guest bloggers (65)
- GUI (164)
- Handle graphics (83)
- Hidden property (42)
- Icons (15)
- Java (174)
- Listeners (22)
- Memory (16)
- Mex (13)
- Presumed future risk (392)
- Public presentation (6)
- Semi-documented feature (10)
- Semi-documented function (35)
- Stock Matlab function (138)
- Toolbox (9)
- UI controls (52)
- Uncategorized (13)
- Undocumented feature (217)
- Undocumented function (37)
TagsAppDesigner Callbacks COM Compiler Desktop Donn Shull Editor Figure FindJObj GUI GUIDE Handle graphics HG2 Hidden property HTML Icons Internal component Java JavaFrame JIDE JMI Listener Malcolm Lidierth MCOS Memory Menubar Mex Optical illusion Performance Profiler Pure Matlab schema schema.class schema.prop Semi-documented feature Semi-documented function Toolbar Toolstrip uicontrol uifigure UIInspect uitools Undocumented feature Undocumented function Undocumented property
- Gebhard Stopper (1 day 3 hours ago): Hi, I really love this mini series! (I’ve been lookign for something like this for quite a while) I have two questions about the toolstrip: 1)(How) Is it possible to...
- Simon (1 day 19 hours ago): Does anyone know if multi line tooltips are possible for Digraph plots? This strategy doesn’t appear to work…
- Thomas Satterly (6 days 16 hours ago): Thanks for writing this series, I’ve found using the ToolGroup very enjoyable in new lightweight apps. One issue/annoyance I’ve noticed is that conditional tab...
- Hossein (9 days 9 hours ago): Hi, I changed the size of matrices from 4 to 10000, i.e. matrix1=rand(10000) and matrix2=rand(10000); Then, I compared the speed in terms of the number of the threads. For...
- Arash Marashian (13 days 17 hours ago): Hi, Dear Yair, Thank you for your information. I have a question in “showcaseMPCDesigner.m 8221;, we have a function named “createDialog”, that makes a...
- Arash Marashian (18 days 17 hours ago): Problem Solved. I found out that my version does not have this icon. thanks.
- Arash Marashian (18 days 17 hours ago): Hi, Dear Yair when I’m using PLOT_16 icon MATLAB gives me an error as below: “The class matlab.ui.internal.toolstrip.I con has no Constant property or Static...
- Reza (19 days 8 hours ago): The reason is that matlab look to every field as text value. I think you must use from main Java table… “com.jidesoft.grid.Sorta bleTable”
- Austin Spencer (19 days 19 hours ago): An update/correction after some additional exploration: EdgePrims is still used for contour lines that do not form closed loops, as is the case when a contour line intersects...
- Marshall (19 days 20 hours ago): This was a fun puzzle–don’t hesitate to add more posts like these if you come across some other fun ones!
- Reza (20 days 2 hours ago): I have the same problem. this Java widget got error in compiling via Matlab 2018! Could you please show me how to solve this?
- Dani (21 days 0 hours ago): I actually really like how we can interact with plots in 2018b and 2019a. I often develop GUIs for end-users and deactivate the standard Matlab figure toolbar all together (opposite to...
- Endri K. (21 days 12 hours ago): Hi Yair, Thank you for all your great posts. They’re all extremely helpful. Could you please help me with an issue I’m facing? I’ve built an application with a...
- Austin Spencer (21 days 15 hours ago): As of at least MATLAB R2018b, the names of some undocumented contour properties have changed. The edges are now listed under EdgeLoopPrims and are of type LineLoop. EdgePrims...
- Yair Altman (21 days 19 hours ago): Typo corrected, meant ASCII of course (ASCII is represented by 1 byte in UTF-8, and 2 bytes in UTF-16)
Category Archives: Low risk of breaking in future versions159 relevant articles found:
My article on “Tips for Accelerating MATLAB Performance” was recently featured in the September 2017 Matlab newsletter digest.
The speed of the builtin csvwrite, dlmwrite functions can be improved dramatically.
Matlab’s sendmail only sends simple text messages by default; a simple hack can cause it to send HTML-formatted messages.
Matlab’s xmlread function cannot process XML data directly, but this can easily be overcome.
The new implicit expansion feature of Matlab R2016b can break user code in unexpected ways.
Fetching SQL ResultSet data from JDBC into Matlab can be made significantly faster.
Matlab uses logical (scaled) pixel positions. With high-DPI displays, this might cause problems, but it is easy to retrieve the physical (unscaled) pixel values.
Matlab uicontrols can often be customized using plain HTML/CSS, without need for advanced Java.
Subtle changes in the way that we test for zero/non-zero entries in Matlab can have a significant performance impact.
The axes rulers (axles) can be made to cross-over at any x,y location within the chart.